What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile General Discussion

What do you think is the best variation to use?

• Total voters
Have we all agreed that his dash isn't -18 on block? People that I've played against speculate that it is more like -9/-10

some tips for players struggling with reptile:
use his ex-claw like Kung Lao's spin, it comes out quickly, has armor,juggles, can switch the momentum.
save meter for ex-claw, especially if you're online with people abusing lag and jumping cross-ups constantly.
I believe reptile can zone at full screen very well. slow force ball followed by acid spit to keep opponents honest

f4~slide and f412 to mixup your opponent. It's very risky but will let opponents know you can always go high or low in that string.

Reptile is the master of whiff punishing with his dash, he can punish people for just pressing buttons.

USE the b1d4 STRING!

Noxious noxious noxious all the way. You must learn how to block with noxious. Nothing feels better than trolling a victory with the gas. I use it cause I get nervous when it comes down to those precious pixel (life) moments, noxious variant eliminates that. Just activate and block. This variant is anti-comeback if you have a life lead. Also nimble is hard.
I had a guy bombard me with hate mail after beating him a few times with reptile last night (he was using kung jin). He went on a tirade about how I need to learn the game and stop spamming moved. This is the exact strategy I was using. Granted I wasn't pulling off the combos I can against the computer, but I got some good ones in. I mean, it's a little ridiculous for someone to get pissed because they can't get in on you and then get even more pissed when you surprise them with a rush. And hell yes I'm gonna abuse slide and dash to close the gap until the opponent figured out a way to stop me. Ok, I'm done venting.

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
@MK_GDROM The OP still has two 'd4' I accidentally put instead of 'd2' (uppercut).

I also noticed that, and it might be preferable for others, that instead of jump attacks, you can: f421+FB, walk back a little bit and then just 3, f421+slide for 33% damage as well for just 9 hits (34% and 10 hits if you start with jip). I don't know if less hits are better to prevent breakers (less meterbuild for the opponent), but it's easy to execute either way. Also works with d2 (uppercut) instead of 3, but is rather unreliable and has the same damage, but it works.

I also noticed under Nimble, midscreen meter moves seem to be for the corner instead, as the corner spoiler is empty.

On another note, does anyone know how to combo after X-Ray? I just can't pull that off, what do you do, slide? Run+f2? Run+slide? Really I can't do it.

P.S.: I'm on PC, so I don't know if the patch has altered the damage. Can't wait for the Klassic Skin!
I'll get right on that. Two d2 combos instead of d4 starters, or there is two d2's in that combo?

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
I had a guy bombard me with hate mail after beating him a few times with reptile last night (he was using kung jin). He went on a tirade about how I need to learn the game and stop spamming moved. This is the exact strategy I was using. Granted I wasn't pulling off the combos I can against the computer, but I got some good ones in. I mean, it's a little ridiculous for someone to get pissed because they can't get in on you and then get even more pissed when you surprise them with a rush. And hell yes I'm gonna abuse slide and dash to close the gap until the opponent figured out a way to stop me. Ok, I'm done venting.
If they use the word spamming, they are a scrub. It's as simple as that. You'd be very dumb to think that abusing the character's tools is a very "dishonorable" thing. If they are getting beaten by constant slides, or forceballs, or acid spits, then they should go learn the MU + Learn to block, or don't play the game anymore. IMO, Part of being top tier is how much you can abuse your tools, and when you watch high level Kabal gameplay or Kenshi gameplay, you see Kabal constantly throwing gas blast to build meter (he had retarded meter gain) or Kenshi just D3 + Spirit charge his way to victory. (or maybe it was d1). Glad you don't give a damn, because really you shouldn't.

Last edited:

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
I'll get right on that. Two d2 combos instead of d4 starters, or there is two d2's in that combo?
At the High starter Corner combos, the ones I gave, the first two combos have D4s, those should be D2, I typed it wrong at first.

You can also add the combo I just mentioned to Mid starter Corner combos: f421+forceball, walk back, 3, f421+slide (33%). Note that perfect timing here actually makes the slide miss (too fast, and swipe is too slow either way), but I don't know if you can add another hit if you do, I don't believe so but feel free to try of course.

Last edited:

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
At the High starter Corner combos, the ones I gave, the first two combos have D4s, those should be D2, I typed it wrong at first.

You can also add the combo I just mentioned to Mid starter Corner combos: f421+forceball, walk back, 3, f421+slide (33%). Note that perfect timing here actually makes the slide miss (too fast, and swipe is too slow either way), but I don't know if you can add another hit if you do, I don't believe so but feel free to try of course.
No problem and it is fixed now, I will have to try that. Thank you btw. :D

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Hey guys, still don't have the patch on PC, but I have (maybe, idk) Reptiles best Noxious 1 Bar combo off of b3.
Please tell me if I am wrong though, don't have patch and also haven't grazed the thread that much.

B3~EX Swipe, NJP, F4~FFB,21,F412~Slide

34%/37% with buff/40% with EX buff.
Video:

@MK_GDROM @Fraud Blank @THTB @Joker8417 @other noxious reptiles
Good find! I think this does 5% more than regular B3 xx EX Swipe BnB? Gonna have to check later

Badfulgore

Beta Tester
I see that no one mentions in his BnB combos using my setups. In the future, if I take advantage of any setup of you, I did not mention

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I'm crazy inconsistent at landing that f4 into ffb but maybe with some practice. In any case you can squeeze some more damage but it's kinda tight.

Yea, idk man, it's pretty hard to do because even I wasn't really doing the optimal BnB. But this is a lot of damage to pass up on. 3% with Reptile in the corner can go fast

Xev

Noob
Yea, idk man, it's pretty hard to do because even I wasn't really doing the optimal BnB. But this is a lot of damage to pass up on. 3% with Reptile in the corner can go fast
If I were to go for that combo I'd probably do Natzee's version of it, dropping the f4 part after the uppercut can result into you getting combo'd if your opponent has a brain. Damage is nice but really hard for me to do consistently. Getting f4 xx ffb after the njp is hard enough lol

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
If I were to go for that combo I'd probably do Natzee's version of it, dropping the f4 part after the uppercut can result into you getting combo'd if your opponent has a brain. Damage is nice but really hard for me to do consistently. Getting f4 xx ffb after the njp is hard enough lol
Getting the F4 xx Fastball is waay harder than F412 after the uppercut.

Badfulgore

Beta Tester
Reptile can combo after the XRay!?!?! Muahahahahah!!

Nice find Bad Fulgore. Have you already posted your optimal BnBs? And just to pick your brain, any preference on variation?
Xddd.Thx so much dude!
I did not create BnBs combos in my channel you can see an easy combo. But if you want I can create a list of combos MID-WALL: 1meter, 3meter, meterless and x-ray to all enemies (including small characters as mileena)
My favorite is Nimble,after Noxious.

Last edited:

Gravelands

Cory, Trevor, smokes. Let's go.
So from everything in this thread, my go to punish combo is as follows -

1 Meter: F41xxEXKlaw - NJP - rc 21 - F412xxSlide (34%) OR F211+3 (30-32%? Can't remember exactly)

For whatever reason, I always, always have the meter, and this seems to be the easiest for me to pull off online. I've been attempting to get F412xxDash - 21 - F211+3 MB - F412xxSlide for 36% (there may be another 21 after the F211+3), but it's not consistent enough for me to pull off regularly.

Regardless, 34-36% damage for 1 meter and spacing seems to be alright in the damage department for me. Obviously it's not Kung Lao or Ermac damage, but it's definitely not as big of a problem for myself as other folks in this thread have made it out to be for themselves.

If they ever decide to patch his Klaw back to OH, that'll be a huge, huge game changer for Rep and I think it'd help him out tremendously. It was pretty bummer re-watching the NRS stream for Reptile variations for them to say "he also has an overhead klaw swipe attack" when it's not the case anymore.