What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile Beta Changes

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
You guys are literally getting upset for no reason. Lol basilisk chip has always been like that. It still chips, it's just highly reduced, mainly cause you can pretty much loop f41 over and over with it up.

Reptile is pretty much unchanged except for two buffs lol.
The thing is, reptile is basically getting untouched, while a lot of characters are getting toned down.

Even if noxious is the worst, reptile is still universally a beast. He has all the tools to compete. You just have to pick if you want to prevent a come back factor, stay +7, or go set up crazy with nimble.

It just seems like a lot of you guys are heavily over reacting. I would have took a DF1 EX fix for delayed wake ups, but reptile is fine lol. @OFIDYAN im not going anywhere, lol. Reptile is still a great character and may be top 5-10 once we see the rest of the changes on March 1st.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The only issue with him getting untouched is that the weaker characters are being brought up, as well. And seeing as how some of the top already has been shown to have taken hits that might not be as bad as we think, and a lot of the bottom tiers getting some good shit, Reptile honestly isn't in that great of a position. He needed some quality of life changes.

If he does end up low tier, though, he's not gonna be that bad off. I think he's still a fantastic character, but this is MKX. And pretty much everyone is becoming fantastic tier at least.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
I just want Noxious to be unique and varied.

-Passive Gas damage increased to .33%

-Poison Gas damage increased to .66%

-Toxic Fumes to not go away on hit or give him one free hit of armor.

-F2 xx Throw, F21 xxx Throw, Forceball, Slimeball, Acid Spit, Acid Puddle should do damage over time on hit similar to Venomous D'Vorah.

Also, fix Acid Puddle so that it has the same properties of Erron's Caltops (damages while opponent is knocked down on them).

---

COME ON NRS

Israel

Noob
But reptile was already an extremely good character. He's one of the most honest characters in the game. He has every tool in the game to compete. He was fine, other characters just needed toned down, like Jax but lol at that.
Not really.
Its ok to be honest but like thtb said, this is mkx and he is a lizard. He needs some DIRT. 1...cuz the name of the game if Mortal Kombat. 2...because he is a lizard. Did i mention because he is a lizard? Since when do lizards fight fair? Being 100% honest..in this game of dirt he's going to finish last. Infact...he WILL finish last. Aka at the bottom.
Quotes from Sub vs reptile
Sub "Your risk your clans extinction?"
Rep "It makes me more DANGEROUS!!"

Sub "how u dangerous guy when ur an honest character? You know what..i dont fear you. Hold this ice clone and infact...let me throw it at u and repeat the process. Infact...lemme do a ex slide and throw u in it. Yea..i got dirt. Ur just an honest character. Nothing to fear here."
:coffee:

Levaranoia

War God

-F2 xx Throw, F21 xxx Throw, Forceball, Slimeball, Acid Spit, Acid Puddle should do damage over time on hit similar to Venomous D'Vorah.

Also, fix Acid Puddle so that it has the same properties of Erron's Caltops (damages while opponent is knocked down on them).

---

COME ON NRS
Just remove acid puddle and give me acid spray from mk9

themanDan

The saw is family
Oooo, that sounds cool and makes sense since they're all acid based attacks. I feel like Nox will quite possibly be low tier, or dare I say bottom if he doesn't receive some sort of buff.

Paradoxxx

You smell of desperation...
I just dont get it though...when some of the cast took enormous buffs (like ferra torr and d vorah) which made them top 3 for me they didn't bother to fix a couple of things in reptile like the puddle...still my main char but i think only deceptive is viable in a competitive level now and i dont understand why!he is one of the oldest chars in mk,come on nrs give him some love!!!

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
Well let's keep reposting some changes and make them more visible.

Let's hope NRS make Reptile the definitive poison/DoT character I'm the game.

Israel

Noob

---

COME ON NRS
If posting will possibly change anything then im going to quote this guy cuz he also understands what Noxious needs...

Israel

Noob
We got 2 1/2 weeks, we either speak now or forever hold our peace.

they should also have nimble do .33% tick damage in that mode also...as if their breathing in poison fumes... And the Acid Puddle NEEDS fixing.

Lanqu

Noob
Could somebody check one annoying bug with reptile vs subzero gm?
When gm puts klone and spams snowballs behind it, ex version of jumping ball crosses over snowball, breaks the klone and then though hits in recovery frames but animation shows the usual block animation and instant recovery of opponent. Thats so dumb! We shouldnt let such bugs to come over beta

themanDan

The saw is family
Could somebody check one annoying bug with reptile vs subzero gm?
When gm puts klone and spams snowballs behind it, ex version of jumping ball crosses over snowball, breaks the klone and then though hits in recovery frames but animation shows the usual block animation and instant recovery of opponent. Thats so dumb! We shouldnt let such bugs to come over beta
I noticed the same sort of issue last night against a gm sub. I was cornered with an ice clone in my face, ex clawed, which obviously went through the clone, but also completely whiffed on sub who was not blocking; he was right up in my face, my claw just went right through his body. Maybe it was a rollback, maybe it has something to do with clone, idk to be honest lol. Ping was great (~70-90), and I was playing Noxious Rep; If any of that helps with pinpointing the issue.

Last edited:

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
1) the chip thing only really affects j360's reptile. You get safe 50/50s over and over again while in basilisk, and now it's easier to activate.
2) Imo its a miracle they didn't touch invis.
3) why would you want ex acid spit of mk9 that was virtually useless over this acid puddle that's only mildly useless.
4) Noxious imo has always been the weaker/trolly variation but people like to use it, so idk.

Lanqu

Noob
Yeah, that sub zero issue has been a thing. I tried to pin point it in the lab a few weeks about but it's really random.
It happens to me each time on my ps4 non beta version and pc. Idk about ex claw, but ex ball wiffs completly each time I do the far ex ball over snowball into armor klone where sub zero is camping. So being able to full punish each snowball Im just being punished each damn time! =(

May be we need to tag someone from NRS here to point the bug?