What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile Beta Changes

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Noxious reptile loses to Nimble IMO so I guess I'ma do that switch. Definitely disappointed to see no fixes/changes to Noxious. Hope they didn't touch his staggering frames. If they did I am going to drop him for a borg. Keep him as a secondary but oh well. Seems rather forgotten.

Paradoxxx

You smell of desperation...
I want to see the changes in deceptive before i judge but why do any changes at all??he was perfect the way he was!the opponent could still arnor after the exinvis i just hope that he cant poke now cause the bar we spend goes for nothing especially now with the whole cast that has 6f pokes...I don;t understand the thinking of the developers!i mean why f.e. give cutthroat so big buffs he was too strong already and then don't fix the damn puddle???

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
If it aint happening by now... it aint happening bro. It was all intentional. In their minds, they believe that move is fine..(useless). They want him to stay where he his on the chart..
It's annoying because those properties would make that move amazing.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Looks to me like f412 ex invis went down from +7 to +5. It's definitely still good, but it's lost a bit of utility. No longer jails into anything (previously jailed into d3) and fewer armor breaking setups (f412 ex invis st 12 used to break mileena's ex roll).

I can see why they nerfed it (invisibility AND huge plus frames is a bit much), but I'm still a little emo.

Israel

Noob
Hey guys..

So i just now saw the variation for alien, the Acidic one.

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! you mean to tell me this char can do spit acid from the air...ON the opponent..ON the ground..and it actually COUNTS as move, so they have it actually hits on block? All being able to do so...METERLESS? But rep has to WASTE a BAR, to have crap properties? Who cant be mad at this? Like all honestly, why is this character in the game? Who would wanna play this guy, knowing you got Character like alien available to play? Wth Nrs? Why u just Shit on reptile like this?

I could never play this character again knowing you all did him like this. Any can call me whatever u want...this is just plain Bullshit. Just a big FU to reptile. Like seriously. Just stupid

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
Yup, now that alien is in the game i can't defend reptiles moveset.

GG
I'm over it. However, it would have been nice to have these things for Noxious:

Default Gas to do .33% damage.

Poison Gas to to .66% damage.

Toxic Fumes to not go away on hit.

But after playing with Acidic Alien. Acid Puddle in all variations SHOULD restand.

Take away the DOT and lose the puddle just make it do good damage/chip and restand. Rename it Acid Shower.

That's a change that would benefit all variations AND would make this move actually useful.

Last edited:

Paradoxxx

Hey guys..

So i just now saw the variation for alien, the Acidic one.

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! you mean to tell me this char can do spit acid from the air...ON the opponent..ON the ground..and it actually COUNTS as move, so they have it actually hits on block? All being able to do so...METERLESS? But rep has to WASTE a BAR, to have crap properties? Who cant be mad at this? Like all honestly, why is this character in the game? Who would wanna play this guy, knowing you got Character like alien available to play? Wth Nrs? Why u just Shit on reptile like this?

I could never play this character again knowing you all did him like this. Any can call me whatever u want...this is just plain Bullshit. Just a big FU to reptile. Like seriously. Just stupid
Man as u say alien is paid to win char all the way his moveset is godlike!but i feel like he has no place in km universe its like his name says..alien!!personally i still main deceptive but i am very dissapointed about the outcome of the patch!!they could have done way better work!

Paradoxxx

Looks to me like f412 ex invis went down from +7 to +5. It's definitely still good, but it's lost a bit of utility. No longer jails into anything (previously jailed into d3) and fewer armor breaking setups (f412 ex invis st 12 used to break mileena's ex roll).

I can see why they nerfed it (invisibility AND huge plus frames is a bit much), but I'm still a little emo.
Man i don't think they should reduse it at all!Rep is one of the most balanced chars!u forgot Tanya??Have u seen alien?It doesn't change much on the playstyle but still why nerf him?

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
After looking at Maximillion play acid on his stream. I'm pretty concern how they can dupe Reptile like this? This acid gameplay should of been Reptile Noxious. Like I said earlier above, NRS what you Reppies to buy DLC. Ggs Reptile RIP 2015-2016. Alien is the evolve version of you.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
Tbh, not every DOT character needs to be the same.

Acidic Alien does damage over time on nearly all of his acid normals/based moves. This makes him good at chipping and zoning.

Venomous D'Vorah does damage over time on her Ovipostor based normals/moves. This makes her stack damage very rapidly if you can keep the pressure on and use choice moves. This makes her a powerful rushdown and mixup character.

Noxious Reptile does damage over time on his gas special moves. Which allows him access to more powerful combos and combo routes. It also makes him a decent chip/lockdown character.

The issue with Noxious Reptile is that outside of combos that gas activation offers the damage over time is quite negligible. Also, his Acid Puddle move almost creates a belief that he should have more similar moves that do damage over time. However, none of his other tools reflect this.

You could ask for a lot more things for him, but I think he just needs a few things:

Slightly increased damage on his default gas. Anywhere from .25% to. 33%. So it's scary for him to be next to his opponent in any capacity.

Poison Gas could do with a damage increase (probably up to the amount of .66%) but it is not necessary.

Toxic Fumes really needs to stay on if he gets hit. It's not scary and its not actually worth a bar of meter in most situations. It can help close rounds/matches out, though.

Now Acid Puddle. This is the move that causes the most confusion. This is the move that creates a belief in most of us that he should be similar to Acidic Alien. He shouldn't. The move would be better if it actually was more similar to his MK9 move called Acid Stream. Making it a safe restand with decent damage and chip would be beneficial for all of his variations. Completely ditch the damage over time effect. His toolset doesn't really reward it.

Just allow him to spend a bar to keep the pressure on. Way more useful.

Anyway, I main Noxious Reptile, Venomous D'Vorah and will be picking Acidic Alien.

Last edited:

Israel

Noob
Now Acid Puddle. This is the move that causes the most confusion. This is the move that creates a belief in most of us that he should be similar to Acidic Alien. He shouldn't.
you got it backwards bro.... what you have said,

"This is the move that creates a belief in most of us that he should be similar to Acidic Alien."

What you should have said. " In reality, This move should already have those properties that Alien has...and if alien wants to the same, they HE should follow with his own version AFTER reptile. Reptile was here first. Those amazing properties that alien has should have been to Reptile..FIRST. And anyone ELSE gets the LEFTOVER OPTIONS.

And what do you mean by this statement? do me a comparison, Tell what reptile can do with his puddle, that aliens cannot?

He's completely being Sh*t on by introducing new characters that can do what HE SHOULD ALREADY BE ABLE TO DO, but BETTER! Bullshit! Noxious should have gotten buffed..but it didnt. The tic's should have went up a little bit, the ex version of noxious should remain on hit... they didnt do any of these. ok fine, But the puddle? They completely ignored it ON PURPOSE, and decided to give good properies on the move , to a NEW character. We've been waiting for this for change since the game began. its only one phrase for this...

Its called being Sh*t on.