What's new

Reasons why cyrax is NOT OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Well then you didn't word it properly because this statement is very generalized and most people would assume you meant exactly what you said,

and that basically says "anyone with a 100% combo should automatically be top tier"
Then I'll clarify myself more. Any character with 100% combos is in the top. Not necessarily top 5, but in the top third of the tier list. And those characters with 100% damage and also excellent all around tools deserve to be considered top 5. Just my opinion.

Theme

Noob
Lol glad you can tell my skill level by how i type. But anyway i completely agree with the rest. I do tell him how to get around some of his shit, to save meter for breaker, and he still refuses to fight me if im 'rax. I tried to teach him how to get around the minefield of bombs and he just quits and says hes the best. The only reason i made this thread was so he could see im not the only one who thinks theres better characters and to get examples from the community.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
Reason I said that is because no player who knows how to really, and i mean really, play this game, will say/do what you guys did. No real player would say "I WONT PLAY IF U PLAY THIS GUY!" Or "THIS GUY IS THE BEST (which is simply not even true lol)".

Spletty

Grandmaster
Reason I said that is because no player who knows how to really, and i mean really, play this game, will say/do what you guys did. No real player would say "I WONT PLAY IF U PLAY THIS GUY!" Or "THIS GUY IS THE BEST (which is simply not even true lol)".
Lol i know i agree! This is why i made the thread! Im always looking to level up and get better and i couldnt believe he wouldnt play if im rax (little immature but whatever). I would never not play the game because someone is better than me. Just learn and get better myself.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Then I'll clarify myself more. Any character with 100% combos AND THE MEANS TO DISPENSE THEM is in the top. Not necessarily top 5, but in the top third of the tier list. And those characters with 100% damage and also excellent all around tools deserve to be considered top 5. Just my opinion.
But that was the point I was trying to make. Just because they have 100% doesn't mean they are top 10. They need to have the means of DISPENSING those 100% combos at will....not just an entirely situational set-up that only occurs once every 37 games. I fixed it for you.

Theme

Noob
But that was the point I was trying to make. Just because they have 100% doesn't mean they are top 10. They need to have the means of DISPENSING those 100% combos at will....not just an entirely situational set-up that only occurs once every 37 games. I fixed it for you.
If they can use the 100% combo at will, they are Chuck Norris Tier. Cyrax can only do those 100% in CERTAIN situations, but they are possible to do, nonetheless. In this game, excluding any other games because they dont really matter when this games the subject, only Cyrax is able to do 100% reset without the use of 2-3 bars (Jax corner reset is even more situational). They are both in the top 10, regardless of what you say lol.... Who here would disagree?

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
If they can use the 100% combo at will, they are Chuck Norris Tier. Cyrax can only do those 100% in CERTAIN situations, but they are possible to do, nonetheless. In this game, excluding any other games because they dont really matter when this games the subject, only Cyrax is able to do 100% reset without the use of 2-3 bars (Jax corner reset is even more situational). They are both in the top 10, regardless of what you say lol.... Who here would disagree?
No, no, all I was saying is that just because a character has 100% doesnt make them top tier. that's all. No need to look further into it lol. I say exactly what I mean, always :)

Maxter

Noob
No, no, all I was saying is that just because a character has 100% doesnt make them top tier. that's all. No need to look further into it lol. I say exactly what I mean, always :)
not specially on a game where meter management count, let the people believe what they want, their ignorance will prevail.
Cyrax bad matchups at high level and not at scrubby level the believes a net is a guaranteed 60+ dmg combo.
At least these characters have a lot or slightly advantage against cyrax.

Liu kang
Kung Lao
Ermac
Kitana
Johnny Cage
Mileena
Smoke
Sektor
Sonya
Jax
Kabal
Freddy Krueger.

I don't care who disagrees with these, for those who believe that a net will always mean a high dmg combo, start analizing how this game works first before stating BS, sometimes a net won't always mean high dmg combos. whoever thinks cyrax dmg is a free win is a fool, start using the character and getting your ass kicked and stop complaining, cyrax doesn't really need the resets to win but in a scenario where opponents are a full health and are completely meterless and cyrax has 2 or 3 bars that will be trouble if the net gets them, most of the time cyrax wins these matchups above it is because the player performed better,.
I hate these kind of threads about cyrax and the ignorance of this forums members sometimes, most of these don't play this game professionally at tournaments and just complaint of what is right or wrong in it.
The day cyrax wins a big tournament in the US, he did it because he is Broken, it will be all over this forums i bet
I know mustard had won some of them in Europe and i don't underestimate his skills, He will be tested at EVO and we will find out if he is our cyrax messiah or if the competition in Europe is not enough to go past bombs and nets.
Maxter Out.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
not specially on a game where meter management count, let the people believe what they want, their ignorance will prevail.
Cyrax bad matchups at high level and not at scrubby level the believes a net is a guaranteed 60+ dmg combo.
At least these characters have a lot or slightly advantage against cyrax.

Liu kang
Kung Lao
Ermac
Kitana
Johnny Cage
Mileena
Smoke
Sektor
Sonya
Jax
Kabal
Freddy Krueger.

I don't care who disagrees with these, for those who believe that a net will always mean a high dmg combo, start analizing how this game works first before stating BS, sometimes a net won't always mean high dmg combos. whoever thinks cyrax dmg is a free win is a fool, start using the character and getting your ass kicked and stop complaining, cyrax doesn't really need the resets to win but in a scenario where opponents are a full health and are completely meterless and cyrax has 2 or 3 bars that will be trouble if the net gets them, most of the time cyrax wins these matchups above it is because the player performed better,.
I hate these kind of threads about cyrax and the ignorance of this forums members sometimes, most of these don't play this game professionally at tournaments and just complaint of what is right or wrong in it.
The day cyrax wins a big tournament in the US, he did it because he is Broken, it will be all over this forums i bet
I know mustard had won some of them in Europe and i don't underestimate his skills, He will be tested at EVO and we will find out if he is our cyrax messiah or if the competition in Europe is not enough to go past bombs and nets.
Maxter Out.
With this said... closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.