What's new

Reasons why cyrax is NOT OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
He's a good character let's just leave it at that.

Some here have an opinion on whether he's broken or not. I for one don't think he is.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
His xray has retardedly retardedly bad hitbox that you can just duck under. And why would you use it when he gets more damage with just one bar. It can be a little useful to kill people and armor out as you can get 56%, but he just doesn't need it cuz of his high damaging one meter combos
But that doesn't make his X-Ray bad... So you can duck under it, big deal. You can use it as anti-air, to get out of a pressure string, anti-grab, etc. And like I said, you can chain into a Net to keep them on their feet. Plus, it's looking freaking SWEEEET.

Sure he get's more damage with just one bar, but not everyone plays that way (I can't even tell you the last time I used EX-Bomb). Sure, it's a better OPTION to use the one-bar combos and resets, but that doesn't make the X-Ray bad. Now Kabal, that guy's got a bad X-Ray XD

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
He runs on diesel oil, clearly not OP, considering Kabal runs on gas and his speed is x10 better.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Playing lame = Cyrax exposed.

Idt he needs resets, but even with them he's not that good.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
His xray has retardedly retardedly bad hitbox that you can just duck under. And why would you use it when he gets more damage with just one bar. It can be a little useful to kill people and armor out as you can get 56%, but he just doesn't need it cuz of his high damaging one meter combos
"Why would you use it when he gets more damage with just one bar.".....why are you bringing up his xray when he gets more damage with just one bar? The fact that he has a "bad" XRay isn't a sufficient enough reason to bring why he's "bad". Not to mention his XRay is a step below Lao's, anti air xray that you can juggle after? Gtfo.

On topic with the thread, Cyrax is broken not OP, he doesn't need the resets.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
He has unsafe projectiles and also with no chip without meter and once he gets touched he has a hard time getting out of pressure. He may have good pokes, but not much after them. He also has a really bad xray and needs meter for damage. His teleport is completely aweful. You can sit at jumping range and right as he opens his chest you jip and get full combo. You can tech the command grab on the command grab trap so he can never hit a command grab after another command grab. He also has a bad makeup game as buzzsaw and ragdoll are slow while teleport and lunge up thingy are both punishable on wakeup. his net is punishable. if hes throwing out bombs you can go in between them and the bombs will wiff. He also doesn't have a low or high combo starter that can't be blocked on reaction, because b2 is slow. He is still a very good character with the best comeback factor in the game. But he is not even top tier now, but really close. If you play a good Kabal you will never think that cyrax is best in game ever again
- His X-Ray is sick, similar to KL in that you cant jump or cross him over and you have to respect its armour
- Awful teleport argument means nothing since most characters dont even have that option
- A good Cyrax player wont just throw bombs and nets at JIP range, they have a footsie game too.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
But that doesn't make his X-Ray bad... So you can duck under it, big deal. You can use it as anti-air, to get out of a pressure string, anti-grab, etc. And like I said, you can chain into a Net to keep them on their feet. Plus, it's looking freaking SWEEEET.

Sure he get's more damage with just one bar, but not everyone plays that way (I can't even tell you the last time I used EX-Bomb). Sure, it's a better OPTION to use the one-bar combos and resets, but that doesn't make the X-Ray bad. Now Kabal, that guy's got a bad X-Ray XD
I never said that his xray is bad its probably about average. Well if you don't use ex bombs then it can be used, but because I use ex bombs as one of my best tools, I don't use his xray basically at all.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
"Why would you use it when he gets more damage with just one bar.".....why are you bringing up his xray when he gets more damage with just one bar? The fact that he has a "bad" XRay isn't a sufficient enough reason to bring why he's "bad". Not to mention his XRay is a step below Lao's, anti air xray that you can juggle after? Gtfo.

On topic with the thread, Cyrax is broken not OP, he doesn't need the resets.
I litteraly just said that he didn't have a really good xray, just to put in more reasons for my argument. His not really good xray was supposed to be a very very small piece of my argument and basically obsolete

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
- His X-Ray is sick, similar to KL in that you cant jump or cross him over and you have to respect its armour
- Awful teleport argument means nothing since most characters dont even have that option
- A good Cyrax player wont just throw bombs and nets at JIP range, they have a footsie game too.
I would argue, but he's a grandpa

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I would argue, but i have no arguements and understanding of xray advantages
Fixed for you, you don't understand that you're forbidding your opponent to cross you up after a poke/string,apply any serious pressure and jump at you (not a biggie,but still),if that's not a good xray for you idk what is,it's one of the top 4 xrays in the game.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Dude, your fighting a losing battle.

Net is 3 times as big as iceball, net is only 18 frames, and pared with its size, makes it a GREAT AA tool that leads to monsterous dmg. And its 4 frames less punishable than Ice ball. That in and of itself makes Cyrax broken. And thats not even the meat of it. Off of ONE combo, he'll do about 70% into a mix-up, and if you guess wrong, you lose.

He's def not the best fighter, but he is def the most broken.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Fixed for you, you don't understand that you're forbidding your opponent to cross you up after a poke/string,apply any serious pressure and jump at you (not a biggie,but still),if that's not a good xray for you idk what is,it's one of the top 4 xrays in the game.
no top 4 are undoubtably johnny cage, sub zero, jax and kano

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Hope that's a joke lol. How are Kano and Jax's xrays in any way good, let alone the best? And how is Kung Lao's not in that list, as it acts just like Cage's but you can combo into it as well. I'm not sure if Cyrax's would be top 4, but then again right now I can't think of anyone else with one more worth using than KL's and JC's (and yeah I guess Subby's could be up there).

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Cage's xray is bad and generally an awful use of his meter when his EX FB grants him +5 on block and his EX nut punch has armor. I mean unless you're playing Cage mirrors for instance it really has little to no application. Sub Zero's xray is ridiculously fast and will catch a lot of people, it's a bit of a gamble but Brady makes that shit work. Jax and Kano have predictable as hell shitty xrays, total waste of meter for the most part, then again Kano doesn't have a whole lot of application for meter anyways - Jax sure as hell has better uses with all his armor and corner death resets though.

I actually think Quan has one of the best xrays in the game considering the fact that it's armored and also AAs very well. Reptile as well. Reptile probably has the most versatile useage of meter in the entire game. His xray is good, his EX invis is shenanigan central, his armored slide is good, his EX balls are good and his EX elbow dash grants +5 on block. Shit, his EX spit even makes a good AA. I don't understand how Reptile fell off the earth in terms of competitive play. Reptile is so god damn versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.