What's new

Reasons why cyrax is NOT OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
super armor, unblockable, and 41%
Uncomboable, predictable, slow as fuck, JC and KL can followup for more than 41% (not 100% sure of the amount Cyrax can follow up for but it's at least 40%?)

I actually think Quan has one of the best xrays in the game considering the fact that it's armored and also AAs very well.
I really like Quan's Xray to, just a shame he get's better damage from using the meter for runes, you'd only really use it as an AA/counter.

McNasty

Moist.
Beat him in the meter game and learn to deal with the mine field. Make him break your combos then play lame. He has too many losing match ups to be considered op. Also against cyrax you have to let him have rounds theres a point where you have to just let him style on you with resets and give yourself the meter and maybe positional advantage in round 2 or 3.

Spletty

Grandmaster
Beat him in the meter game and learn to deal with the mine field. Make him break your combos then play lame. He has too many losing match ups to be considered op. Also against cyrax you have to let him have rounds theres a point where you have to just let him style on you with resets and give yourself the meter and maybe positional advantage in round 2 or 3.
Thank you for the few people that actually gave me reasons lol
Not that I don't like the discussion... :)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I really like Quan's Xray to, just a shame he get's better damage from using the meter for runes, you'd only really use it as an AA/counter.
It's gotten me the round quite a few times, nobody expects it, that's what's great about it. "HE HAS ARMOR?! WTF!" It's also the most pimp ass mother fucking xray in the game too, so I enjoy the moments where I get to use it lol

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
It's gotten me the round quite a few times, nobody expects it, that's what's great about it. "HE HAS ARMOR?! WTF!" It's also the most pimp ass mother fucking xray in the game too, so I enjoy the moments where I get to use it lol
But just like JC, you get more advantage/damage off wasting 1 meter separately.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Cage's xray is bad and generally an awful use of his meter when his EX FB grants him +5 on block and his EX nut punch has armor
So basically,the fact that you can't pressure him without risking a 50% to at least 5% chip,poke him between his pressure,let him chip you to death,counterpoke him,jip/jik him and effectively lock him in the corner isn't a good use for his xray

the shit he and kl get away with because of their xrays is invaluable

GNG Iniquity

So basically,the fact that you can't pressure him without risking a 50% to at least 5% chip,poke him between his pressure,let him chip you to death,counterpoke him,jip/jik him and effectively lock him in the corner isn't a good use for his xray

the shit he and kl get away with because of their xrays is invaluable
The point of it is to make your opponent fear it, but never use it, Cage and Kung Lao's xrays are mind games. Suppose Kano and Jax fit this criteria as well. Cage mirrors are terrifying due to mindgame involved with the xray.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The point of it is to make your opponent fear it, but never use it, Cage and Kung Lao's xrays are mind games. Suppose Kano and Jax fit this criteria as well.
that's why they're both top.

the point is to make your opponent know that you CAN and WILL use it,they can both do 50%,cages can lead to a total of 63% with a jip throw,i sure as hell wouldn't wanna eat a 63%,1st round or 2nd.

and not just that,but the free chip and damage you get add even more total damage to the xray,their xrays alone can win rounds.

kano and jax can be poked then crossed even if they activate xray while youre poking

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Does Cyrax suffer at all against heavy teleporters? I know a good portion of Cyrax players like to sit full screen and throw out bombs/nets, facing someone like Raiden/smoke/Scorpion give them much trouble?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Does Cyrax suffer at all against heavy teleporters? I know a good portion of Cyrax players like to sit full screen and throw out bombs/nets, facing someone like Raiden/smoke/Scorpion give them much trouble?
raiden is 5-5

scorpion has no pokes basically,he can get in,sure but he can't keep the pressure up and he needs meter to do so unless you can iATP

smoke can keep building meter,i think cyrax has to rush him down.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
raiden is 5-5

scorpion has no pokes basically,he can get in,sure but he can't keep the pressure up and he needs meter to do so unless you can iATP

smoke can keep building meter,i think cyrax has to rush him down.
I'm assuming for smoke it's because the smoke bomb beats the net/bombs pretty decisively?

NariTuba

disMember
My roommate SumptuaryPiano7 refuses to fight me because he says cyrax is the clear best character. Can you guys please list every reason he is NOT overpowered? He won't believe me.
Some people dont like to lose, that's the way it goes. Arguments on why Cyrax is not top 5 wont really help here... As long as he is worried about winning instead of learning the game and having fun you will not be able to play him. If you were beating him with Jax or Sonya or Kabal or Freddy or Kenshi he would still refuse to play you.

Either find a way to make it fun for both of you or find a new sparring partner.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
i dont know if the bomb hits cyrax on reaction to bombs
Just thinking even if they would trade and Smoke gets hit with a cyrax bomb or net even, the Smoke Bomb might not give Cyrax enough time to get up, teleport and combo him while he's still in the air or in the net. I could be wrong though.

GNG Iniquity

Reptile gives him trouble. Rep can just spit at him and bait the teleport and punish him. I don't know if this applies to human cyrax, however.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
If he is the most broken that means he is the best by definition of the term broken
Most broken dosnt mean best. Kabal is obviously the best. The fact that getting touched ONCE by Rax can possibly kill you. Kabal cant even do that. But Kabal is still better. Atleast in my opinion, broken dosnt necesarilly mean "good".

Theme

Noob
Cyrax is broken and most likely the most OP character. Best, I wouldnt say hes the best, just the most OP/broken because of his resets. Best (if played correctly and efficiently, has got to be Kabal). Seems like even you think hes OP/broken because you cannot come up with your own reasoning on why he isnt. Guess your friends saw through your facade ;P

Spletty

Grandmaster
Cyrax is broken and most likely the most OP character. Best, I wouldnt say hes the best, just the most OP/broken because of his resets. Best (if played correctly and efficiently, has got to be Kabal). Seems like even you think hes OP/broken because you cannot come up with your own reasoning on why he isnt. Guess your friends saw through your facade ;P
Well im his only opponent so hes obviously not gonna believe me when i say hes not the best in the game. So thats why i wanted more people to give reasons. I dont think hes op because if the opponent is smart enough to not get caught in random nets, theres not a whole lot i can do. Teleport is unsafe, so take advantage of that. But sure thanks for the response i guess.

Theme

Noob
Well im his only opponent so hes obviously not gonna believe me when i say hes not the best in the game. So thats why i wanted more people to give reasons. I dont think hes op because if the opponent is smart enough to not get caught in random nets, theres not a whole lot i can do. Teleport is unsafe, so take advantage of that. But sure thanks for the response i guess.

Thats like saying:

IF YOU DIDNT GET FROZEN, I CANT DO ANYTHING!
IF YOU DIDNT GET PARRIED BY MY SPIN, I CANT DO ANYTHING!
IF YOU DIDNT GET HIT BY MY FAN, I CANT DO ANYTHING!
IF YOU DIDNT GET HIT BY MY SPEAR, I CANT DO ANYTHING!

The argument can be made by anyone. Even professionals will often slip up and get caught in the net. Teleport isn't as unsafe as you make it out to be, and judging by your level of skills from what youve been portraying, you guys dont seem to be at the level of being able to punish the teleport anyways. Who does he play? Instead of him crying about how Cyrax is the 'best', why not tell him to learn how to handle him? Quite honestly, Cyrax isnt nearly the best in my books, hes top 10 material, but definitely not top 5.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I honestly can`t see how characters with 100% combos aren`t considered at the top of the tier list. Oh, a couple bad match ups. Boo hoo.
Cyrax has TRUE 100% combos in UMK3 and he's one of the worst in the game. There's so many more factors you need to consider besides "plain ol' damage" when you do a tier list. Lots of characters have 80-100% and they still suck

I never said that his xray is bad its probably about average. Well if you don't use ex bombs then it can be used, but because I use ex bombs as one of my best tools, I don't use his xray basically at all.
Learn....

I litteraly just said that he didn't have a really good xray, just to put in more reasons for my argument. His not really good xray was supposed to be a very very small piece of my argument and basically obsolete
how.....

I would argue, but he's a grandpa
to.....

Multi-quote

Spletty

Grandmaster
Thats like saying:

IF YOU DIDNT GET FROZEN, I CANT DO ANYTHING!
IF YOU DIDNT GET PARRIED BY MY SPIN, I CANT DO ANYTHING!
IF YOU DIDNT GET HIT BY MY FAN, I CANT DO ANYTHING!
IF YOU DIDNT GET HIT BY MY SPEAR, I CANT DO ANYTHING!

The argument can be made by anyone. Even professionals will often slip up and get caught in the net. Teleport isn't as unsafe as you make it out to be, and judging by your level of skills from what youve been portraying, you guys dont seem to be at the level of being able to punish the teleport anyways. Who does he play? Instead of him crying about how Cyrax is the 'best', why not tell him to learn how to handle him? Quite honestly, Cyrax isnt nearly the best in my books, hes top 10 material, but definitely not top 5.
Lol glad you can tell my skill level by how i type. But anyway i completely agree with the rest. I do tell him how to get around some of his shit, to save meter for breaker, and he still refuses to fight me if im 'rax. I tried to teach him how to get around the minefield of bombs and he just quits and says hes the best. The only reason i made this thread was so he could see im not the only one who thinks theres better characters and to get examples from the community.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Cyrax has TRUE 100% combos in UMK3 and he's one of the worst in the game. There's so many more factors you need to consider besides "plain ol' damage" when you do a tier list. Lots of characters have 80-100% and they still suck
Of course that's not the only factor. But cyrax and smoke have all around great tools few have mastered. On top of that, cyrax can do like 65 to 70% just off a net. Meterless resets in the corner. We're not talking about someone like Scorpion or Baraka having 100% damage. We're talking about top characters like cyrax, smoke, and jax. And those characters are already great. Give them 80 to 100% combos, and it's ridiculous to say they aren't in the top 5 characters in the game.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Of course that's not the only factor. But cyrax and smoke have all around great tools few have mastered. On top of that, cyrax can do like 65 to 70% just off a net. Meterless resets in the corner. We're not talking about someone like Scorpion or Baraka having 100% damage. We're talking about top characters like cyrax, smoke, and jax. And those characters are already great. Give them 80 to 100% combos, and it's ridiculous to say they aren't in the top 5 characters in the game.
Well then you didn't word it properly because this statement is very generalized and most people would assume you meant exactly what you said,
I honestly can`t see how characters with 100% combos aren`t considered at the top of the tier list. Oh, a couple bad match ups. Boo hoo.
and that basically says "anyone with a 100% combo should automatically be top tier"

Status
Not open for further replies.