What's new

Match-up Discussion Raven Matchup Discussion

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
...ooooohhh..... thanks man! :)
I never really think about zoning, guess im not really use to it.

Also, have anyone else been having trouble fighting Batgirl? I feel like I have no options when I fight her. Whenever I try to zone I get punished with the teleport. And when I try to block the teleport, she seems so safe cause I have no fast normal to reach her because of how far the move pushes her back.... this is a absolute fustrating match-up...
If you think she'll teleport block it and full combo. It has no push back. I punish it with b1 2 everytime.

Blind_Ducky

Literally every time! Batgirls who spam this fail lol full combo punish ftw (b12 > Lift > your choice)
F222 is better but I'm an idiot and always try to punish with b1. F222 is faster has more range and gets more damage so punishing with it is much better.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Against Batgirl you have to play a little more cautious than normal. They will always look for teleport from long range so take your time when at distance and don't throw multiple projectiles in a row. Wait for it and punish for 40-45%. She'll stop after that.

ok. ok.... I fought this one batgirl who had a good gameplan, they trhew batarangs like 2-4 times then they teleport.
Then while the gap is closed they try a bunch of mix-ups which I just cannot seem to react to them? does all her string begin
with either a overhead or a low?

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN
Ya for batgirl is it just online or are her high low strings into combo unseeable ? Haven't bought her yet to do practice against.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
her overhead (b2) is 7f iirc, and she has a low thats 14-15f (similar to KF's) which is her b1), both can go into full combo or she can go into her bf3 move which is is +1. Batgirl is really good and a pain in the ass for raven for sure.. Havent tested it with Raven yet but i think you can backdash out of both the low and the overhead. I'll test that out when i get the chance.

If you're close enough you can SC the teleport before she disappears, it cant be done on reaction though.. teleports are omega unsafe and you can punish with a full combo if you block it (its -15f). its also a mid so you can block it crouching.

Pressuring her on wakeup is tricky coz she has a DP (df2) that'll beat more or less everything you try, its hella unsafe if you block and its only 1 hit so you can armor through if you want.

Thats all I can think of right now, if there's anything specific giving you trouble I'll be happy to help. I sub Raven and Batgirl so i sorta know both sides lol.

TimTim

Don't Hate
I just don't understand how to fight her. It seems like I work so hard to get in then I just get pushblocked and shot to the other end of the screen or I get a huge life lead then she goes to her other form and wrecks my shit.

I don't think I've ever lost 5 in a row against the same person in anything ever.

her overhead (b2) is 7f iirc, and she has a low thats 14-15f (similar to KF's) which is her b1), both can go into full combo or she can go into her bf3 move which is is +1. Batgirl is really good and a pain in the ass for raven for sure.. Havent tested it with Raven yet but i think you can backdash out of both the low and the overhead. I'll test that out when i get the chance.

If you're close enough you can SC the teleport before she disappears, it cant be done on reaction though.. teleports are omega unsafe and you can punish with a full combo if you block it (its -15f). its also a mid so you can block it crouching.

Pressuring her on wakeup is tricky coz she has a DP (df2) that'll beat more or less everything you try, its hella unsafe if you block and its only 1 hit so you can armor through if you want.

Thats all I can think of right now, if there's anything specific giving you trouble I'll be happy to help. I sub Raven and Batgirl so i sorta know both sides lol.
I did not know that...

She seems... VERY hard for Raven to fight against. I feel literaly helpless against this really good Batgirl i fight.

So it seems that the low can be react blocked to or just beaten out with a faster move..... hmm...

Blind_Ducky

I just don't understand how to fight her. It seems like I work so hard to get in then I just get pushblocked and shot to the other end of the screen or I get a huge life lead then she goes to her other form and wrecks my shit.

I don't think I've ever lost 5 in a row against the same person in anything ever.
Exactly what gives you trouble? If you're on psn add chemical_venom and I'll tell you what you can do to improve.

TimTim

Don't Hate
Exactly what gives you trouble? If you're on psn add chemical_venom and I'll tell you what you can do to improve.
S0rry xbox. I messaged the player I played against and they said I don't block their jump ins (I tried to anti-air).
My main problem is that once I get in I can't stay in.

my main problem is close up. Full screen, i am not afraid of her because her only option are batarangs and teleport which i can stuff both my ducking now that i know teleport is a mid...

I just dont know what to do mid range to close the gap between us.

Blind_Ducky

S0rry xbox. I messaged the player I played against and they said I don't block their jump ins (I tried to anti-air).
My main problem is that once I get in I can't stay in.

Who do you play? If you read a jump in, jump at them and you'll win. Ravens up close game is meh. You should be having trouble getting in not once you actually get in.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Yeah i think the best range to stay in here is a bit outside of Singularity's range where you can use that and SC if you see her move or jump, and you can f222 if she whiffs anything. Also unless she's close enough to hit you with normals i dont think she can punish Lift or SC. I'm not 100% about this coz the cartwheel miiiiight do it but all her other moves all slow so they definitely cant. More testing for later i guess xD

Another thing i forgot to mention is that you can forward dash out of her teleport and make it totally whiff, granted there's no need for that as its unsafe on block but its still another option i guess. And in case you didnt already know, she can teleport on the ground or in the air.

Batgirl is a tough matchup for Raven coz she's practically THE anti-zoner, I think Sinestro is the only zoner that can still do his thing without the teleport shitting all over his gameplan.
Just try to stay in mid range and whiff punishing her attempts to get in, and bait the teleport as theyre always looking for shit that you do so they can teleport.

TimTim

Don't Hate
Who do you play? If you read a jump in, jump at them and you'll win. Ravens up close game is meh. You should be having trouble getting in not once you actually get in.
I can use most of the heroes and sinestro on the villain side.

Xenrail

Noob
As Flash what do i do against Raven? Full Screen is a pain. i hit the lab and noticed that most of her stuff is safe from lightning charge.

block dash usually ends up with me getting hit by her projectile into a grab

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Fuck Batgirl. Real talk.

I'm going to bed, salty as shit right now...
Try being more defensive? Batgirl is annoying as shit but I use b23 for space and deal with her long range sheningans.

As Flash what do i do against Raven? Full Screen is a pain. i hit the lab and noticed that most of her stuff is safe from lightning charge.

block dash usually ends up with me getting hit by her projectile into a grab

You might have a tough time getting in (use charge after a soul crush) and you absolutely can't let raven leave your grasp. Raven doesn't have the best wake up options so your 50/50 game should really do some damage.

Xenrail

Noob
Try being more defensive? Batgirl is annoying as shit but I use b23 for space and deal with her long range sheningans.

You might have a tough time getting in (use charge after a soul crush) and you absolutely can't let raven leave your grasp. Raven doesn't have the best wake up options so your 50/50 game should really do some damage.
my 50/50s completely whiffed when she waked up with her grab. thought there wasnt invincibility frames on that special. guess i was wrong

Nerubian

Noob
my 50/50s completely whiffed when she waked up with her grab. thought there wasnt invincibility frames on that special. guess i was wrong

There is a very small amount on Singularity. Not enough for it to be a good wakeup option - it is extremely risky to do. It ends before the grab animation starts. Soul Crush would hit if your attack wasn't a true meaty hit.

Xenrail

Noob
There is a very small amount on Singularity. Not enough for it to be a good wakeup option - it is extremely risky to do. It ends before the grab animation starts. Soul Crush would hit if your attack wasn't a true meaty hit.

dunno what the differences between her grabs are but my 50/50 wasn't working againsti t

AugustAPC

Not For Sale
From my experience, every character has strings that can beat Soul Crush on wake up. The invincibility frames on it are miserable and only help if the opponent is blindly attacking you. Raven is pretty damn free on wake up. You just have to find the right string and timing and then she can't mount any offense on wake up.

I don't find green lantern too tough. If you stay outside his lantern might range (the lift) I find that he had mobility issues trying to approach you. Some might try that air missile to approach but a shadow raven (projectile df1) will stop him on the jump and a db2 (lift) will catch him afterwards.

It's like a bigger game of footsies I personally think. He has a lot of punishable moves so capitalize on them if he tries to throw them out. Personally I don't try Jump ins on GL because I find he'll just catch me lol :p
That sounds good in theory but just going into shadow raven no matter where at is risky on g.l since he can punish it from any location. Also air oa rocket is a legit threat, even if you absorb and meter burn it, you will just get hit by the jump forward oa rocket. He plays well up close and outside your grab range. To top it off a trait ex gatlin pushes you to 7/8 screen, a range he is superior at. going dark raven not at the end of a combo is almost suicide, not that it isn't possible, it just means he got in on you to begin with and you defeated his normals with yours. Not a very likely scenario. Or you did a suicidal wake up attack and prayed for success. But yes it is a patient matchup full of possible time outs for both of them.

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN
For Batgirl :

The gameplan is to keep the pressure on her and run mixups. You can't beat her in a zoning war, do not try. Every mistake leads to huge damage and optimal position for her. Her wakeups are all full combo punishable so abuse her on wakeup but watch for uppercut.

Full combo punish teleports everytime. The combo I use is as follows:

F222 , MB singularity, j2, f2233, This leaves her close so you can abuse her wakeups.

If she gets close with advantage get the fuck out of there. Mb b/f3 , backdash , whatever you can haha.

If you find yourself full screen with life advantage hold down(block) she can't do shit, even chip you.

It's winnable.