What's new

Match-up Discussion Raven Matchup Discussion

what is her match up against bane?
pretty meh due to her bad wakeup game. once youre knocked down its hard to get out, and you do absolutely not wanna be in the corner. also, dont spam zoning moves because he might get you with the run. try to keep him out and mb b3 his run attack.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
pretty meh due to her bad wakeup game. once youre knocked down its hard to get out, and you do absolutely not wanna be in the corner. also, dont spam zoning moves because he might get you with the run. try to keep him out and mb b3 his run attack.
Yea I agree Bane is tougher than he should be against Raven, but I usually beat them handily enough if I can keep the distance and counter. Her demon stance is a must against Bane. Turns the MU in her favor.

I have a harder time with Doomsday sometimes with her. I usually can beat DD pretty easily with my other two chars, but with Raven even scrubber DD's give me a harder time than they should.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Raven needs a wake up with invincibility and her projectile should be able to be done in the air, or at least move faster if she can't have an air dash with no AA game ._.

But she's a solid character so I can't really complain like the other guys

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Raven needs a wake up with invincibility and her projectile should be able to be done in the air, or at least move faster if she can't have an air dash with no AA game ._.

But she's a solid character so I can't really complain like the other guys
She doesn't need buffs. Lift = aa

Yea I agree Bane is tougher than he should be against Raven, but I usually beat them handily enough if I can keep the distance and counter. Her demon stance is a must against Bane. Turns the MU in her favor.

I have a harder time with Doomsday sometimes with her. I usually can beat DD pretty easily with my other two chars, but with Raven even scrubber DD's give me a harder time than they should.
Against Bane, I usually keep the distance and watch if he uses his venom, if he does his charge, I just jump over it. If i'm in Demon Stance, I just db2 after the jump to teach him a lesson. I don't have problems with him anymore.

Againts Doomsday, I have trouble with him but I find that staying on top of him is your best bet and making good reads. If you don't give him room to breath he won't be able to use his trait safely. I also don't try zoning him since he can punish you on block from mid screen very decisively. Also if possible MB f3 when he does that unblockable on you and get as much damage as you can muster.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Ye
Against Bane, I usually keep the distance and watch if he uses his venom, if he does his charge, I just jump over it. If i'm in Demon Stance, I just db2 after the jump to teach him a lesson. I don't have problems with him anymore.

Againts Doomsday, I have trouble with him but I find that staying on top of him is your best bet and making good reads. If you don't give him room to breath he won't be able to use his trait safely. I also don't try zoning him since he can punish you on block from mid screen very decisively. Also if possible MB f3 when he does that unblockable on you and get as much damage as you can muster.
Yea Bane is an easy match for me too at this point.

Doomsday, they don't even think about doing the SuperNova on me anymore, easy 40%+. I can punish most his specials and confuse him at times. Where I do struggle against DD is once he gets in. One of the hardest chars for me to get him the hell off of me. I can block the overhead jumping flop easy enough, but it feels like block city until I eventually get hit when he's up close.

AugustAPC

Not For Sale
She doesn't need buffs. Lift = aa
Lift isn't a reliable anti-air at all. The hitbox is considerably smaller than Lantern's and will only catch preemptive close jumps.

I think she needs one of three things:
-Slightly higher jump and air dash.
-Increased invulnerability on Soul Crush and Lift for some sort of wake-up game.
-A burst effect when activating Demon Form that knocks away enemies and quicker activation.

Any of these would make her feel more complete. As of now, she just has nothing to say against characters that can pressure well up close.

Blind_Ducky

Lift isn't a reliable anti-air at all. The hitbox is considerably smaller than Lantern's and will only catch preemptive close jumps.

-Increased invulnerability on Soul Crush and Lift for some sort of wake-up game.
-A burst effect when activating Demon Form that knocks away enemies and quicker activation.

Any of these would make her feel more complete. As of now, she just has nothing to say against characters that can pressure well up close.

Oh sweet Jesus kill me now. She doesn't need buffs. She needs the trade glitch on her lift taken but that's it. She's fine as she is. She can already air tele rape so air dash would be broken as fuck. Her jump is fine. The pay off for her being good at keeping people out is once someone's in they get good shit on knockdown so NO buffs to her wake ups. We already got her tele wake up buffed. Lets not be greedy. Her demon stance is fucking ridiculously good. Why the hell would they add that? You should be punished for throwing it out like a retarded at close range. If she gets that I supposed deathstroke should have a thing of grenades explode around him when he uses his trait.

its too early, but if at some point it turns out she needs a buff i like these ideas.

AugustAPC

Not For Sale
Oh sweet Jesus kill me now. She doesn't need buffs. She needs the trade glitch on her lift taken but that's it. She's fine as she is. She can already air tele rape so air dash would be broken as fuck. Her jump is fine. The pay off for her being good at keeping people out is once someone's in they get good shit on knockdown so NO buffs to her wake ups. We already got her tele wake up buffed. Lets not be greedy. Her demon stance is fucking ridiculously good. Why the hell would they add that? You should be punished for throwing it out like a retarded at close range. If she gets that I supposed deathstroke should have a thing of grenades explode around him when he uses his trait.
How often do you find yourself on your back in Demon Form? That teleport buff was negligible at best. And I see you're not quite great at grasping ideas. The point of the burst is not to justify activating Demon Form in close range. It's to give her an option to escape pressure. It's synergistic with Demon Form, as you want distance when you activate it, and it could just as easily be blocked and baited.

You talk about all these trade offs for Raven, when there are characters that are better zoners with better wake-up options. You do seem to live up to your user name, blind as hell. At least I know not to take you seriously anymore. "OMG IF WE ADD ONE THING TO A CHARACTER, DEATHSTROKE HAS TO GET THE SAME THING."

Please.

WoundCowboy Scarlett Trepound380 how would you guys feel if Raven got these buffs? Or ANY buffs for that matter?
I thnk she needs one of three things
Reading is your friend.

Villest1

Noob
her overhead (b2) is 7f iirc, and she has a low thats 14-15f (similar to KF's) which is her b1), both can go into full combo or she can go into her bf3 move which is is +1. Batgirl is really good and a pain in the ass for raven for sure.. Havent tested it with Raven yet but i think you can backdash out of both the low and the overhead. I'll test that out when i get the chance.
I'm pretty sure that her overhead IS NOT 7f. lol It's more on par with her low. Clocks in at about 14 to 15f.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
She doesn't have to earn it and takes very minor risks with the activation. Once activated, you basically can't move against her, and it recharges in a few seconds. How is it fine?

You're only basing that on the fact that you play with sinestro and his ridiculous trait.

Vogue

Noob
When did this become a buff Raven thread? That is completely unnecessary as any experienced Raven player will tell you.

There are some great Raven Grundy matches at the beginning here: http://www.twitch.tv/crosscountertv/b/409709685

The player uses a lot of good tech against grapplers, using b23 to go over throws. F2233 to blow up wakeup armor. Nice trait use, ect.

Against doomsday I'm probably going to counter pick. I can't deal with his offense so I think I'll have to pick up a rushdown character.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
You're only basing that on the fact that you play with sinestro and his ridiculous trait.
Except that Sinestro has to work for his trait, and even when he gets it, you only have three shots. Raven doesn't have to care at all about getting and using her trait.

Blind_Ducky

She doesn't have to earn it and takes very minor risks with the activation. Once activated, you basically can't move against her, and it recharges in a few seconds. How is it fine?

Meh I agree and disagree with you. I'll help you out when I'm in San Jose. It's not as full proof and safe and shit as you think but it's still retarded good and for the most part yeah you can't move when she's in demon stance.