What's new

Rate Your Character (Mortal Kombat X Edition)!

Cyber Kano:
50/50 pressure: 0/5
It is like salt shaker said non existent. Can't even use grab as a mixup option
just wanna point out this sections is 50/50s AND pressure, not solely 50/50s.

i still don't think Kano is great in that department, and defo not trying to argue otherwise, but between his frame traps with his excellent d4 and b1, and tools like ex knives he deserves a bit more recognition then "0".

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
just wanna point out this sections is 50/50s AND pressure, not solely 50/50s.

i still don't think Kano is great in that department, and defo not trying to argue otherwise, but between his frame traps with his excellent d4 and b1, and tools like ex knives he deserves a bit more recognition then "0".
Yea I know and I still think it's 0. I should have elaborated more on how I said he doesn't even have a throw mixup. Mb knives grants only +5 frames which doesn't allow for any guaranteed follow ups so it is not worth doing In this game

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
yeah his "Frame traps" are barely such. I rated that low as well because I don't consider Mixups and pressure the same as neutral games with footsies,pokes, punishes, etc... which Kano does well at. Sustained pressure is not what kano does in any stretch of the imagination if you're familiar with him in the MU.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Overall, Necromancer is the best option for defensive options and zoning and anti-zoning and is decent on 50/50s.
Bone Shaper has better defensive options because of EX low scoop. Bone Shaper also has better zoning because of dark beam and better anti-zoning because of EX low scoop. Necromancer is really not the best at anything.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Yea I know and I still think it's 0. I should have elaborated more on how I said he doesn't even have a throw mixup. Mb knives grants only +5 frames which doesn't allow for any guaranteed follow ups so it is not worth doing In this game
So you think kano/reptile is crap but you still play them :confused:?

Cybernetic Kano

50/50 mixups/pressure: 1/5

Is it possible to give him 0/5?
lets start with the obvious: hes probably the only character in the game without an overhead. his low has no range and the opponent has almost no reason to block high.
he used to be able to frame trap with b+1 and mix it up with throws, but they nerfed his back+1 and they buffed most characters d+1 and standing 1.

Neutral game and footsies: 3/5
despite the nerfs, b+1 is still a really good footsie tool. b+2 is slow but has good reach. f+4 is not too bad either. his other normals are average.

defensive options 4/5
he has a good backdash and when he has meter he can ex up ball, ex ball cancel and ex knife toss for defensive options. all of those options has a lot of drawbacks too. ex up ball and ex ball cancel has a tendency to whiff unless point blank. ex ball has few frames of armor. ex knives has no armor, but is safe on block and covers a good area.

zoning and anti-zoning 4/5
knives are still really good. too bad they do a paltry 5%. its depressing watching him lose a zoning war to bone shaper shinnok. compared to other zoners like flame fist liu kang and tanya, the knives comes out faster and/or have less recovery. however, liu kang and tanya does more damage, can be done in the air, does more damage and can be enhanced for even more damage.

damage output 3/5
he can get around low 30s with a mb and high 30s in the corner.

Overall: 15/25. A damn shame that his zoning game gets overshadowed by others.

Dragon Fire Liu Kang:

50/50 mixups/pressure: 4/5
he has fast walk speed, has a fast armor breaking string almost everything he does is safe. combine that with run cancels, he has one of the best pressure games. f+2,1,3 chain gives him frame advantage even when he dash cancels. his 50/50 game is not that strong. you'll either eat his fast overhead with good range into hard knockdown for like 7% or eat a low into 35%+ combo into a corner carry.

Neutral game and footsies: 4/5
He has fast walk speed, fast normals, good range on his normals and can control space really well with low fireballs and iafbs.

Defensive options: 3/5
His normals sucks for defensive purposes. d+2 has lousy priority/shitty hitbox. d+1 is on the slow side. with meter, his ex moves are safe but completely whiffs in a lot of situations. (instant) air fb keeps jumping opponents in check.

Zoning and Anti Zoning: 4/5
standing fb is too slow to be used for anything except for run/dash cancels. instant air fb and low fireballs though, are great projectiles. ex flying kick is fast enough to punish projectiles on reaction from 3/4 screen. safe on block too.

Damage output: 4/5
midscreen combos does around 35%+ and leads to a corner carry. corner combos does 40%+

Overall: 19/25. Hes a really solid character in everything he does except for the defense department. The biggest problem he has is that he is too fair. No vortex, scary 50/50s or hard to blockables. He has great footsies, but nothing like cassies b+1.

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Here is my opinion of Cybernetic Kano. I think I have just beaten @AK L0rdoftheFLY Dualist Liu Kang's score.

Cybernetic Kano

50/50 mix ups and pressure (1/5)
Cybernetic Kano is unquestionably the most offensively challenged character in the entire game. He has no overhead attacks, no advantageous EX moves, and no run cancels to abuse like every character in the game. The only move that provides any significant, and I use this adjective very loosely in Kano's case, block advantage is the EX knife, which is a pathetic +5 on block. In comparison, other zoning characters have access to almost twice as much block advantage as Kano. For example, Quan Chi is +15 after an EX rune while Shinnok is +12 after an EX hell spark. These two characters have overhead attacks and resets too, and superior zoning abilities, which I discuss below. I really have nothing else to add other than breaking down opponents with Kano is incredibly difficult and frustrating.

Neutral game and footsies (4/5)
Kano has excellent control of the mid range game with b+2, which kind of reminds me of Sinestro's b+1. In addition, d+4 is a superb low poke that "low profiles" under some mid as well as jumping attacks. Kano also has b+1, which is one of the very few normal attacks that can consistently be used as an anti-aerial attack. While these pokes occupy a fair amount of space, they are defensive by nature because of the lack of block advantage. A top tier character such as D'Vorah has the ability to control even more space and be at an advantage. She has long-ranged normal attacks that create offense while Kano's lead to nothing. If you are adequately fortunate, you may land b+2, which leads to combos in the mid 30s. When D'Vorah lands f+2,2, she gets 40% combos. The initial hit is an overhead attack too.

Defensive options (3/5)
Cybernetic Kano has the EX up ball, which has armor, is safe on block, and creates massive push back on block. However, sometimes a glitch may occur in the corner where the second hit of the up ball whiffs, as you are left wide open for all sorts of punishment. The other armored EX special move is EX straight ball. You can combo from this move but only at point blank range. The damage output is mediocre unless you use another bar, which, trust me, you really do not want to do provided that the combo kills your opponent. In terms of defensive low pokes, he has d+4, which I have already discussed above. Perhaps Kano's defensive options will be worth 4 out of 5 points if the EX up ball glitch is fixed in the near future.

Zoning and anti-zoning (3/5)
When I purchased and played the game the first week of release, I thought Kano had the best zoning in the game. I owe the zoning community an apology for my foolishness. Kano's zoning is massively overrated. Having a fast and mid-hitting projectile sounds great on paper but not when such a projectile only does 5% of damage in a game with a run button and abundant teleports. Because of the low damage, the best zoning characters in the game easily out-zone Kano from a distance. Bone Shaper Shinnok's dark beam, for example, does 8% of damage and has a quick recovery and traveling speed. The dark beam does hit high, but Kano cannot get a knife on the screen without trading 5% for 8%. The same scenario applies to Quan Chi, Predator, and Tanya, and possibly others. The up laser is a worthless special move, and the faster you forget that this move exists, the more success you will have with Kano.

Damage output (3/5)
Combos range from low 30s to mid 30s with a bar. He can do combos in the high 30s in the corner and re-stand the opponent. For what purpose, I do not know. Nonetheless, the option is available. Meter-less damage is pitiful and resembles Noob's in Mortal Kombat 9.

Total Score: 14 / 25

Bone Shaper has better defensive options because of EX low scoop. Bone Shaper also has better zoning because of dark beam and better anti-zoning because of EX low scoop. Necromancer is really not the best at anything.
Yeah but those moves are horribly slow and even if you waste the bar, the opponent can easily reserve it into something else. Necromancer is so slept on that it isn't even funny.

gibster13

A fan of fans
At work right now but I'll elaborate later.

Cybernetic Kano-

50/50 mixups and pressure (0/5). Non existent. One of the worst in the game easily.

Nuetral game and footsies. (4/5). Pretty strong, not elite, but very strong.

Defensive options (3/5). No priority on specials or EX specials, or half his normals. Few "get off me" options. Useless uplaser. Etc. Compensated by B1 and D2 AA's and an amazing backdash.

Zoning (3/5). Overrated. Knives can only be thrown so much. B2 is slow and has no priority, weak specials get poked, useless uplaser. Compared to actual good zoning, this is average at best.

Damage Output (1/5). What damage? Laughable damage output in comparison to 90% of the variations.

Total score. 11/25. Top of the Low Tier Class.

This is why I'm switching to Shinnok.
He has knife pressure and b1 pressure. He is about 1.5/5 for mixups and pressure

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
What about in the corner when you have a clone up, is b2 still as unsafe against the majority of the cast?. You have ways to make your mixups safe ish. And you do not just have a 50/50. You can combo a grab into a clone.
8/8 grab for like 23? so good and yes even with clone b2 is free

Johnny Cage - Stunt Double
50/50 Mixups and Pressure (4/5) JC's pressure is amazing when loaded with clones, when you take them out you can go right into shadow kick to make it safe and become + frames on block (the frame data is a lie it says -13). Using 114 into mimic cancel into shadow kick pushes the opponent far back enough and has enough block stun for them not to escape, but it whiffs on people expecting 113 (low). B34 mimic cancel into shadow kick can be interrupted but they WILL take a knockdown from the clone unless the attack is <7 frames or an armored special. Many people I face get nervous and won't come out of block unless I'm out of clones, it's fairly easy to block Johnny but because of his pressure you build so much meter and get so much chip on the opponent. 214 gets 2% extra damage leaves you and your opponent on neutral, B343 has 3.75% chip ends in an overhead and is -2 on block. JC doesn't have a viable 50/50 but his 11 is +2 on block so you can just go straight into F24 for the overhead.

Neutral game and Footsies (5/5) Johnny's F3 is one of the fastest advancing normals in the game, a great tool for people trying to rush you down and can catch the enemy off guard. Using the string F34 is -8 on block, but you can catch the enemy in a frame trap by using ex np, same goes for F24. JC can make the opponent whiff a lot of NJPs and JiP with D4 which also low profiles a lot of mid attacks

Defensive Options (3/5) F3 is 11 frames on startup so it can punish many moves and strings. Ex np is a great wakeup/reversal tool but it can be easily read and punished

Zoning (3/5) JC's fireball does a lot of damage when below 5% health but its a high attack so it can just be low profiled. JC's shadow kicks when loaded with clones are mids but don't travel full screen unless you ex it but it will whiff if you get hit before your clone reaches the enemy. He can just be low profiled at a distant when he has no clones :(

Damage output (5/5) Clones are as valuable as meter and you can easily hit the late 30s (no meter) when loaded with clones in the corner and you can get a restand when you end your combos with NP. He can get 34% with no bar and no clones in the corner so that's pretty good. Johnny can also get over 70% when using his x-ray because you can combo into it and end it with a NP if you run and use F3. Imagine the damage you get when your health is below 5% ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Final Score 20/25
He's just a really fun character to play with and I enjoy him a lot.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
He has knife pressure and b1 pressure. He is about 1.5/5 for mixups and pressure
I dont look at his options and say "oh hey, here's what he can do for mixups or pressure", I look at his options and say "hmm, how does this category stack up to the rest of the cast options of mixups and pressure on a case by case basis".

In this case, being bottom 3 variation out of like 80 variations lends a 0/5 to me. 0.5/5 at best.

gibster13

A fan of fans
I dont look at his options and say "oh hey, here's what he can do for mixups or pressure", I look at his options and say "hmm, how does this category stack up to the rest of the cast options of mixups and pressure on a case by case basis".

In this case, being bottom 3 variation out of like 80 variations lends a 0/5 to me. 0.5/5 at best.
So you are saying it is 0 in comparison to the cast. I see. I still think you downplay Kano too much :)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So you are saying it is 0 in comparison to the cast. I see. I still think you downplay Kano too much :)
0 because anyone who would be bottom 3 in a category I would rate a 0. Rest assured, his pressure, compared to MKX roster pressure, is non existent.

I think some people Up play Kano way too much. I've never seen a character so bad, be considered good or "fine", with absolutely no proof or showings to back it up. Well maybe I have, but Kano is the current one who fits the bill. Most high level players either dropped him or refuse to pick him up altogether, meanwhile Fox just played Kitana, people are picking up Shinnok, people are expanding Sonya, etc. The only variation worth mentioning is Cutthroat, which I've been saying is actually decent and needs no buffs other than the OH Hitbox issues.

Cyber and Commando are utter ass in comparison to the toolsets of 80 variations in the game, yet people still thinks he needs nothing. As a general sense, look at this list.

-D'Vorah, Tanya, Lao
-Jax, Cassie, Quan Chi
-Kung Jin, Shinnok, Scorpion
-Ermac, Sub-Zero, Sonya, Kenshi

-Reptile, Jacqui, Goro, Takeda

Which group is Kano most comparable? Character is decent in Cutthroat, utter trash in Cyber and Commando.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
0 because anyone who would be bottom 3 in a category I would rate a 0. Rest assured, his pressure, compared to MKX roster pressure, is non existent.

I think some people Up play Kano way too much. I've never seen a character so bad, be considered good or "fine", with absolutely no proof or showings to back it up. Well maybe I have, but Kano is the current one who fits the bill. Most high level players either dropped him or refuse to pick him up altogether, meanwhile Fox just played Kitana, people are picking up Shinnok, people are expanding Sonya, etc. The only variation worth mentioning is Cutthroat, which I've been saying is actually decent and needs no buffs other than the OH Hitbox issues.

Cyber and Commando are utter ass in comparison to the toolsets of 80 variations in the game, yet people still thinks he needs nothing. As a general sense, look at this list.

-D'Vorah, Tanya, Lao
-Jax, Cassie, Quan Chi
-Kung Jin, Shinnok, Scorpion
-Ermac, Sub-Zero, Sonya, Kenshi

-Reptile, Jacqui, Goro, Takeda

Which group is Kano most comparable? Character is decent in Cutthroat, utter trash in Cyber and Commando.
KH Royale made 17th at CEO, one of the most stacked tournaments to date, only using cybernetic Kano. He took out Tom Brady and held his own against Tyrant.

Cyber Kano is mid tier at best but acting like he is impossible to win with is BS. Other than Goro, Reptile, and Jacqui, almost every character has had a good tournament showing at one point in this game's life. The game is balanced enough so that the bottom 10 can compete with the rest of the cast. I understand you want Kano buffs but you downplaying isn't helping.

I'm not saying Cyber Kano is good. A lot of characters do what he does but much better. If you really want a zoning character just pick up Kitana or Kenshi. Sonic and Pig both showed that zoning is very viable in this game. But if you want to be a character loyalist with him, he is still able to win.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
KH Royale made 17th at CEO, one of the most stacked tournaments to date, only using cybernetic Kano. He took out Tom Brady and held his own against Tyrant.
Still early and they possibly don't know the MU as much as they should. I'd put money on the line that 6 months from now in Cyber's current state he won't win, or even place at anything that stacked unless the opponent is clearly messing up or has no idea on the MU. That's how confident I am that the character sucks. There just isn't anything there. If there will ever be an "I told you so" moment it will be when Dec/Jan/Feb comes around and all of a sudden everyone starts saying why is the character so bad and even less people use him if that's even possible.

Cyber Kano is mid tier at best but acting like he is impossible to win with is BS. Other than Goro, Reptile, and Jacqui, almost every character has had a good tournament showing at one point in this game's life. The game is balanced enough so that the bottom 10 can compete with the rest of the cast. I understand you want Kano buffs but you downplaying isn't helping.
Well technically any character "can" win, Jeremiah had good showings with Sheeva, but it doesn't mean the character wasn't ass. Raptor placed Top 3 but I still think Takeda sucks too. Cyber Kano is everything but mid tier. Maybe in April or May I thought that, but in July? No way in hell. If it wasn't for Cutthroat, Kano would be bottom 3 easily. To be honest, if he doesn't get any buffs I don't even care anymore at this point. I've moved on to the actual "fine" and "viable" characters and haven't used him at my local in weeks. I'm only upset that I had to do it because it was either win or get props for looking strong while losing. Don't plan to play him anything more than "for fun" unless he gets some sort of improvement. Maybe he SHOULDN'T get buffs so when I'm using Tanya, Jacqui and Shinnok like I've been doing I can look back and laugh at all this lol.

Also I'd like to point out that I don't believe that side of the argument, that the roster is balanced to where low tiers can win. I believe that it is still early so players cannot crush the low tiers as effectively as they will be able to do 6-9-12 months from now. Chris G made people think Green Arrow was mid tier around this time in Injustice. Green Lantern was being called top tier. In Kano's case, crap like Cyber Kano vs MoS Ermac will just get uglier and uglier as the game progresses, not better. Same way I feel about the low tiers, like Cyber Kano in general.

I'm not saying Cyber Kano is good. A lot of characters do what he does but much better. If you really want a zoning character just pick up Kitana or Kenshi. Sonic and Pig both showed that zoning is very viable in this game. But if you want to be a character loyalist with him, he is still able to win.
When I see ANYone win with him I'll believe he can win. Hell when I see JUST ONE top player who says "he's fine", "he's got potential", or "I'm labbing him" ACTUALLY USE him and do well instead of say it but then play Bone Shaper Shinnok on stream I'll reconsider. Cutthroat can win I believe. Cyber and Commando however aren't winning anything other than a local at best. What I tell everyone is look at it this way. What about him seems good? Is there anything that actually gives him an advantage in most of his MU's?? I mean is the most easily interrupted pressure in the game once you know the MU, weak pressure in general, weak zoning in comparison to the zoners, incredibly low damage, priority so low that you get poked/grabbed/combo'd out of specials/EX specials, no 50/50 or safe mixups not even a grab one, no set ups, no OH or low inside or ending a single string, and no oki game whatsoever really viable in comparison to the toolsets of the roster in MKX? I'd have to say an astounding "noooooooooo".

Titans1373

Pew pew pew quitality
This looks fun. Jason slasher.

50/50 , Pressure 2.5/5
Jason's doesn't have any true 50/50 setups. You only have to guess if the first hit is low (F4) or high F2. F2 only leads to a shoulder charge while F4 is his BnB. The only reason he gets a 2.5 is because if you make one mistake, your going to eat 30%+ meter less with a F4, 2, or B1,22.

Neutral. 3/5
Jason has an ok poke with b1. Nothing special. However his njp, ji2, and ji3 are all very good. His 12, and 122 can cover ground very quickly and are pretty safe.

Defense. 3/5
Jason has some pretty good wake ups with his ex bf3 and bf2. Ex bf2 can beat most other ex wake up due to the multi hit. Also has dd4 which is unbreakable armor lol but gives you opponent a free combo when you fall asleep. Really good for closing out a round.

Zoning/counter. 3/5
His machete toss is a great projectile and can be armored. It hits mid and for 9% meterless. Will struggle against faster projectiles though. If your willing to burn the bars to enhance this you can come out on top. Also his dd4 can allow you to eats some projectiles while dishing out you own and leave you at full screen

Damage output 5/5
This is Jason's bnb. He can easily hit 38% meterless . Easily is an understatement. With simple combos anyone can pick up Jason and do work day one. Has an easy 50% xray setup as well. You can use meter to tack on some additional damage but we're talking 2-4% so I'd save it for armoring wakeup or moves . Like I said earlier his projectile is one of the more damaging ones in the game.

Overall-16.5 out of 25. He is the noob killer in this game. Vets can figure out his patterns quickly though and punish him. Aside from 122, and 111, most of his combos aren't safe at all. However if you get an opening you can make people pay dearly and chew up armored wake ups with your own ex.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Reptile (Noxious/Deceptive/Nimble)

Great mix up with different starters meterless (f412, b1d4, b2) and metered (b3,f3) (-0.5p for low starter being high/low)

Great normals, with good dmg. No safe special moves. Anti air isn´t great but it´s okay (-1p).

Good d3 poke, ex Claw (armor + good dmg output on hit). I´d like to have 1 more tool (-1.5p) correct me if i´m wrong :>.

Forceballs coming out too slow for effective zoning. If you have 1 FB on the battlefield, it´s easy (depends on the character) to follow up with another FB or/and acid spit. Anti zoning of Reptile is pretty good. Slide (ex Slide Full Screen with Armor) + Reptilian Dash.

Meterless Combos 20-35%. I like that youre able to advance (almost) every combo of reptile, when you actually need 10% more dmg.

Also if you have noxious activated combos get a pretty good dmg boost
i´m going to rerate my character after the patch

Reptile (Deceptive)

God Of Mixups with OH,Low, Second hit low, second hit overhead starter, all starters can be canceled into slide or pounce (low or overhead), pounce is almost safe now. Invis also helps a lot to get the mixups going

Great normals, with good dmg, Swipe and Pounce are safe/almost safe specials now, Anti air should be better now due to the patch (stll have to test it)

Good d3 poke, ex Claw (armor +good dmg output on hit, -11 on block now), (ex) Klaw Pounce and (ex) Slide are both punishable, but have armor aswell (50/50 Wakeup), also we got (ex) DD3 with armor aswell

Forceball recovery got buffed, so it´s more safe to use them. Also you can get out 2 Forceballs faster now, Acid spit does better dmg, Anti Zoning pretty good aswell, Slide, Reptilian Dash and Klaw Pounce are all solid tool to get around projectiles / get to an opponent quick

Meterless dmg is still around 20-35%, More damaging overall now, due to [starter] (ex) invis [combo].We can even do [starter] (ex) invis [starter] (ex) invis [starter] (ex) invis [combo]. (ex) Slide can be comboed off in the corner,

Overall this character is perfect now. Ty for buffing him

Sounds fun, I'll give it a try!

WAR GOD KOTAL KAHN:

50/50 mix ups and pressure (4/5)
War God gives the overhead sword and the low sword. Both are pretty fast and decent damage. However both are unsafe. B1,4 into overhead sword is an advancing mid then low then overhead (launcher if MB). So he has good mixups. Maybe should be a 3 because it is unsafe?

Neutral game and footsies (4/5)
B1, F1, and F2 are all advancing normals with good range. F1,B2 into mid sword is safe (mostly, there is a tight interrupt). I suppose the B2 overhead does advance but is pretty bad. Mostly, his jump forward 1 is an amazing air normal; huge range, lots of jump in combos can be had.

Defensive options (5/5)
Well, using your description Kotal's overhead sword is one of the best armored launchers in the game and leads to an easy 32% and certainly creates offense. Kotal's D1 is 6 frames, and, his D4 is one of the best in the game at 6 frames with range and +17(?) on hit. D3 is also 7 frames and a low.

Zoning and anti-zoning (1/5)
Yeah, this is where all Kotals lose lots of points. I gave one point because MB sword throw is a big fast projectile that does 17% on hit and is super + on block and allows a run in. So, for a bar, he has this one option.

Damage output (5/5)
Using your scale, Kotal gets over 40% in several, viable ways with one bar. Kotal hits real hard, everyone knows this.

Total Score: 19 / 25

Agree, disagree? Would love feedback!
Agreed aside from the defense. That overhead macuahuitl can be stuffed by a any good 3 hit strings.... So sad!

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Summoner Quan Chi

50/50 mix ups and pressure (5/5)
Spoiler Toggle Spoiler Quan Chi has one of the best vortex games in Mortal Kombat X. Using the trance, you can re-stand your opponent and disable wake ups. The most basic mix ups is between b+2, a 15F overhead, and b+3, a 10F low attack. Both options are safe with demon activation and lead to 30% of meter-less damage. Because the low is faster than the overhead, players often fuzzy-guard low and high, which can be “punished” with 1,2 xx trance or by slightly delaying b+2 or b+3 Neutral game and footsies (4/5)
Spoiler Toggle Spoiler Quan Chi’s primary footsies tool is the aforementioned b+2, a long-ranged overhead attack that can be canceled into EX rune for lots of positive frames on block or a combo that leads into the vortex on hit. After an EX rune, b+3 cannot be interrupted or backdashed. He also has a 5F neutral jumping punch that can clip the opponent’s limbs and lead to a vortex. He gets 1 points off because he is heavily depended on the EX rune, which requires meter, and the lack of safety on the b+3 string, which some characters can option-select punish with an armored EX special move. b+2 xx trance can be option-selected, but b+2 is not safe on block. Defensive options (1/5)
Spoiler Toggle Spoiler Quan Chi is like the old lady from the “Life Alert” commercial. When he falls down, he cannot get up. He only has armor on the EX teleport, which is abysmally slow at 38 frames. Every character can “meaty” his or her attack and block the EX teleport in time or beat the armor of the EX teleport with a quick, multi-hitting string. Quan Chi’s saving grace is d+3, a 9F “low-profile” poke that is -1 on block and +15 on hit. When d+2 connects, Quan Chi is able to re-establish momentum. Zoning and anti-zoning (5/5)
Spoiler Toggle Spoiler Quan Chi has the best zoning in Mortal Kombat X. He is the only character in the game who can lock you down with projectiles from a distance. He has a high fireball, an aerial fireball, a fireball that starts up from the ground similarly to Freddy’s spike, and the demon, which includes various fireballs. The far rune checks, and sometimes even punishes, the vast majority of projectiles when blocked, so attempting to zone Quan Chi is futile. The zoning also builds meter very efficiently. Most importantly, however, the zoning forces predictable mistakes and careless approaches that provide opportunities to set up the vortex. Damage output (5/5)
Spoiler Toggle Spoiler Re-stand combos do about 30%. Regular one bar combos do about 40%, position the opponent full screen away, and end in demon activation. Quan Chi can also do 25% to 30% unbreakable combos from across the screen using one bar of meter. The damage output is very high. As a result, the comeback potential is awesome. Total Score: 20 / 25
look at red:

i dont agree with this atm... instant OH, D1 6frames(beats most the cast and he recovers quickly from most setups), has great guss game on reversal... so imo i feel he is more of a 3-4/5 depending on MU there is a select few that beats his and he can zone them out to avoid this, if played correctly, he shouldnt be in that situation.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
look at red:

i dont agree with this atm... instant OH, D1 6frames(beats most the cast and he recovers quickly from most setups), has great guss game on reversal... so imo i feel he is more of a 3-4/5 depending on MU there is a select few that beats his and he can zone them out to avoid this, if played correctly, he shouldnt be in that situation.
Are you being purposely thick or did you just fail to notice that the OP is 2 months old?