What's new

Rate Your Character (Mortal Kombat X Edition)!

look at red:

i dont agree with this atm... instant OH, D1 6frames(beats most the cast and he recovers quickly from most setups), has great guss game on reversal... so imo i feel he is more of a 3-4/5 depending on MU there is a select few that beats his and he can zone them out to avoid this, if played correctly, he shouldnt be in that situation.
This thread is 2 months old , do you like going back to old threads and say that quan is op or something? :DOGE

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
PYROMANCER
1. 50/50 mix ups and pressure (5/5) – this category revolves around offense. Consider the safety and the risk versus reward ratio of the character’s offensive tools.
3/5 - Good
Has little to no mixups off the getgo. Her overhead is not useable against experienced opponents.
Her pressure is considerable with block advantage and safety, though she does need to land a Shroud for her actual mixup game to begin.
Essentially what you do is after a shroud the opponent has to guess whether you'll release or cancel your F[3]. Both leads to decent damage, but neither leads to a true vortex, as well as the followup pressure is not quannok level to be sure.

2. Neutral game and footsies (5/5) – this category revolves around all the normal attacks and special moves that control the space in your vicinity. Also consider anti-aerial attacks and their effectiveness.
4/5 - Excellent.
Tanya controls space and pace excellently even in her weakest variation, though to a lesser degree than Kobu.
She needs to heavily rely on her fireballs at range and her main tool, Shroud, is negative (but safe) on block so her offense suffers.

3. Defensive options (5/5) – this category revolves around defense, primarily an armored EX special move that launches and leads to good damage or creates offense. Miscellaneous options such as fast low pokes to stop offense are also to be considered.
3/5 - Good
While she does have armoured options, she lost her most prominent one, the armour on her teleport. Shroud is good though, even if not as great as those who don't play Pyro regularly may be inclined to believe.

4. Zoning and anti-zoning (5/5) – this category revolves around options outside of footsies range such as a projectile or a long-ranged physical attack. Also consider the character’s ability to close the gap when full screen away. Include options such as a teleport and a dive. Most importantly, consider how zoning and anti-zoning options complement offensive options.
2/5 - Acceptable
Pyro was thought to be a zoning variation but that's absolutely not true. Once you learn the arc of the fireballs, you can get in almost for free. Pyromancer loses to almost any zoner, every teleporter and struggles against rushdowners since the patch.

5. Damage output (5/5) – this category revolves around the damage that a character is able to acquire, primarily from combos.Almost all characters in Mortal Kombat X use one bar of super meter as a means for serious damage. As a rule of thumb, anything 40% or above is worth 5 points, anything in between 35% to 39% is worth 4 points, anything in between 30% to 34% is worth 3 points, anything in between 25% to 29% is worth 2 points, and anything less 24% is worth 1 point.
3/5 - Subpar
Her damage is nothing to write home about, she's capped at 35%-ish even if you meterburn a fireball at the end of your offense.

Overall I believe Pyro is alright and loafing around mid-tier, but it might need some adjustments whenever more important issues have been addressed. If her fireballs were better and shroud did a restand, she'd be easily high-top tier.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Ancestral Kung Jin

1. 50/50 mixups, pressure- 3/5
Has a solid 50/50, doesn't have much pressure besides mb arrow.

2. Neutral game and footsies- 5/5
Very good range with the bo with f2, b1, d+b 4. 11 is very good for AAs. Low arrow is good for checking opponents. Very good NJP.

3. Defensive options- 3/5
Doesn't have anything in this variation besides his universal armored bf 3 to get out of pressure. Decently fast poke with d1 and standing 2 I believe is still 7f, but its a high.

4. Zoning/anti zoning- 5/5
Above average zoning. Good air control with all the air arrows (db2, df2, dd2 in the air). Low arrow low profiles high projectiles.

5. Damage output- 4/5
Needs stun arrow out to do his damage, but when he lands it he makes it count and does more damage than his other 2 variations. 36% midscreen meterless off low OH strings. Up to 40+% midscreen off his most damaging strings (b214, 111, 221, 343). 40+ in the corner. Haven't found more damaging combos though with meter.

Overall 20/25.

I feel like the only thing holding this character back is stun arrow going away. This is the most vital thing for kung jin to get going on ancestral. If his stun arrow didn't go away, he would be fine. Fire and vampire arrows going away is NBD because they're situational. His stun arrow is what his game revolves around. I get so frustrated when I finally hit someone with a string and do low arrow but the stun arrow goes away the second I'm about to use it