Votes: 16 6.3%
  • 1 IGAU 2 MK9, too soon to judge MKX

Votes: 8 3.1%

• Total voters

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
MK9 had Noob, so it gets number 1.

Injustice had Shazam, so it gets #2.

MKX has neither, so unfortunately, gets #3 for me.

I love Sub but I would drop him in a heartbeat for Noob

All things considered MKX probably has the best mechanics, and MK9 the worst balance

RYX

BIG PUSHER
mk9 > igau > mkx

MK9 was the most fun and most memorable, I have a stronger connection to it than the new characters, and it felt a lot better to play

kinda sick of bad players using buzzwords like "no footsies" to describe IGAU when it required a good amount of space control and thought for the majority of the cast

MKX isn't fun at all most of the time. everyone has a 50/50 and retarded corner carry, both of which I'd like to see addressed immediately. when playing against less derpfuck characters, though, the game is a blast. too bad that only like 2 characters not completely engineered to rush you down at all times are viable, and one of them has a vortex that they can spend meter on to frame trap you on block and combo you on hit ("balance")

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
To watch MK9 looked fast. When I sat down and played it every character felt like they were underwater compared to IGU. Maybe to watch IGU looked slow but the response times felt better for IGU therefore being faster.
MK9 walks and dashes faster, the frames are almost the same with IGAU, plus almost everyone in MK has either a dash move or teleport, while IGAU has 6-7 chars do things like these.

Nothing feels faster in IGAU

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
MK9 walks and dashes faster, the frames are almost the same with IGAU, plus almost everyone in MK has either a dash move or teleport, while IGAU had 6-7 chars do things like these.

Nothing feels faster in IGAU
For you that may have been the case, for me I felt a difference. Personal preference I guess. IGU felt better to play and once I went back to MK9 it felt like a slower game in comparison. It still does. Again, personal preference

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Mk9>Mkx>Injustice

despite MK9s being broken, at the highest level it seens to me it was more skill intensive. Mkx is fun but its effectively competitive roulette.
Injustice was just garbage, no footsies, clunky broken design with clunky broken characters and clunky broken interactables.
Nope

Sorry, Infra Dead. Had to.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
People are remembering MK9 so fondly. It was a great game. In fact, some people think MK9 was so great that they say MKX is just a cointoss scrubfest for casuals in comparison. Wanna know what I remember about MK9?

P1 advantage, input bug, meter drain glitch, parry glitch, invincibility glitch, netcode brought to you by Satan, Sonya D4~ms and EX wheel WOW SUCH FOOTSIES, Cyrax resets, IAGBs and Kabal in general, full screen Freddy frame traps, Kenshi in general, Lao in general, Quan rune trap, Scorpion D3 being -7 on hit, the ridiculous character balance in general.

I'm legitimately confused. I love MK9 with all my heart but that game is fucking bullshit. Some MKX complaints have validity like some JIPs nullifying AA attempts (different discussion entirely), but this whole 50/50 flowchart setplay moaning doesn't make any sense to me. So wait, you're complaining that too many characters have tools that can put their opponent in the same guessing situation over and over again? And you have to avoid that crazy offense by utilizing your mobility options, playing footsies in the neutral, okizeme, whiff punishing, meter management, and a bunch of other good old fashioned mindfuckery? Sounds like a great game! And yeah, corner carrying is annoying. Man, if only there were a way to get out of the corner somehow through use of the environment or something.

I don't get it. I'm not saying MKX doesn't have issues. I just don't get how people compare MKX to MK9 and somehow conclude that MK9 has the superior meta.

Rude

Interactables were not that bad in IGAU. People overstate this.

It sucked that they were unblockable, sure. It sucked that they could otg, sure.

But you could use your invincibility frames of your backdash to avoid them, you could MB B3 to take half damage...or...or...

You could make the read that the opponent was going for one and stop them, throw a projectile, preferably something multihitting to break mb armor, etc.

The point is that you had options. The way you hear it described here, all you could do was stand there while things were chucked at you. Which isn't true.

The walk speeds could have used work, sure. But the game definitely wasn't slow or clunky. In fact, for all the ignorant sheeple that teared about "no footsies" you had to be very mindful of your spacing in IGAU.

You couldn't dash cancel and because dashes had recovery frames, you could punish characters for mashing forward dashes. So spacing your dashing was crucial.

Of course, I'm glad that now we can all appreciate MK X's advancing strings, advancing armor, ridiculous corner carry from midscreen, and block cancellable running which allows you to mindlessly charge in without consequence into a 50/50 that leaves the opponent cornered and helpless to another guess.

IGAU had it's fare share of 50/50s, but only a handful of characters, I'd say about three, had vortexes that were safe, looping, and meterless and one of them(Zatanna) simply wasn't very good.

Rude

People are remembering MK9 so fondly. It was a great game. In fact, some people think MK9 was so great that they say MKX is just a cointoss scrubfest for casuals in comparison. Wanna know what I remember about MK9?

P1 advantage, input bug, meter drain glitch, parry glitch, invincibility glitch, netcode brought to you by Satan, Sonya D4~ms and EX wheel WOW SUCH FOOTSIES, Cyrax resets, IAGBs and Kabal in general, full screen Freddy frame traps, Kenshi in general, Lao in general, Quan rune trap, Scorpion D3 being -7 on hit, the ridiculous character balance in general.

I'm legitimately confused. I love MK9 with all my heart but that game is fucking bullshit. Some MKX complaints have validity like some JIPs nullifying AA attempts (different discussion entirely), but this whole 50/50 flowchart setplay moaning doesn't make any sense to me. So wait, you're complaining that too many characters have tools that can put their opponent in the same guessing situation over and over again? And you have to avoid that crazy offense by utilizing your mobility options, playing footsies in the neutral, okizeme, whiff punishing, meter management, and a bunch of other good old fashioned mindfuckery? Sounds like a great game! And yeah, corner carrying is annoying. Man, if only there were a way to get out of the corner somehow through use of the environment or something.

I don't get it. I'm not saying MKX doesn't have issues. I just don't get how people compare MKX to MK9 and somehow conclude that MK9 has the superior meta.
If you ask the MK9 zealots, all it needed was, "one more patch" to be the bestest, most perfect fighting game to ever grace God's green earth.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
I have injustice at #1 because i feel like it's better at handling both defensive and offensive styles of play, which suits me more as a defensive player (plus i click with sinestro more than any mkx character). MKX at #2 because while it improved on things like interactables and walkspeeds, it still imo only suits a rushdown style of play, making it kind of 1 dimensional in gameplay. Mk9 is 3rd because while it had things like good walkspeeds and anti-airs, there were a host of bugs/glitches and balance problems.

I lost it at "netcode brought to you by satan." Hahahaha

Wigy

There it is...
Interactables were not that bad in IGAU. People overstate this.

It sucked that they were unblockable, sure. It sucked that they could otg, sure.

But you could use your invincibility frames of your backdash to avoid them, you could MB B3 to take half damage...or...or...

You could make the read that the opponent was going for one and stop them, throw a projectile, preferably something multihitting to break mb armor, etc.

The point is that you had options. The way you hear it described here, all you could do was stand there while things were chucked at you. Which isn't true.

The walk speeds could have used work, sure. But the game definitely wasn't slow or clunky. In fact, for all the ignorant sheeple that teared about "no footsies" you had to be very mindful of your spacing in IGAU.

You couldn't dash cancel and because dashes had recovery frames, you could punish characters for mashing forward dashes. So spacing your dashing was crucial.

Of course, I'm glad that now we can all appreciate MK X's advancing strings, advancing armor, ridiculous corner carry from midscreen, and block cancellable running which allows you to mindlessly charge in without consequence into a 50/50 that leaves the opponent cornered and helpless to another guess.

IGAU had it's fare share of 50/50s, but only a handful of characters, I'd say about three, had vortexes that were safe, looping, and meterless and one of them(Zatanna) simply wasn't very good.
I completely disagree with this, there was a lot of characters that could play in a way in that game where they just did what they wanted and didn't have to make a single read.

Interactables on certain characters were really stupid end of story. Even at the highest level Zod players were taking like 20% of your life at least for free per game.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I had a blast with all the games. IGAU mainly because of Doomsday, but it was a blast. MKX looks to be the best of three though. The meters, the mechanics, the graphics. Some character designs are debatable, but I'm glad I can choose 1 of three variations with potential, than having to stick with a char that you like but is unviable.

Rude

I completely disagree with this, there was a lot of characters that could play in a way in that game where they just did what they wanted and didn't have to make a single read.

Interactables on certain characters were really stupid end of story. Even at the highest level Zod players were taking like 20% of your life at least for free per game.
Hmm. Play the game they wanted and didn't have to make reads, huh?

You mean like Sonya, who could ignore most of the cast's game and just do her thing? The character who had a divekick that went THROUGH even Sektor's standing jab?

Or Kabal, who could ignore not all, but a lot of character's gameplans just because of how dominating his toolset was?

Or Johnny Cage, who didn't really need to know the subtleties of Rain or Quan Chi's game to get in and apply his gameplan, which was roughly the same in most match ups? Did Cage give a shit about Scorpion's nuetral game? Nope.

Wigy

There it is...
Hmm. Play the game they wanted and didn't have to make reads, huh?

You mean like Sonya, who could ignore most of the cast's game and just do her thing? The character who had a divekick that went THROUGH even Sektor's standing jab?

Or Kabal, who could ignore not all, but a lot of character's gameplans just because of how dominating his toolset was?

Or Johnny Cage, who didn't really need to know the subtleties of Rain or Quan Chi's game to get in and apply his gameplan, which was roughly the same in most match ups? Did Cage give a shit about Scorpion's nuetral game? Nope.
These things could have been fixed in a patch whereas the stuff in injustice which allowed the characters to do whatever they wanted was their integral design and the game mechanics.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
How do all these people love MK9? The wonkiest animated, most awkward feeling/appearing fighter. MKX is leagues better.

1. IGAU (bc roster, and back-to-block)
2. MKX (great game)
3. MK9 (ehhhh)

Rude

These things could have been fixed in a patch whereas the stuff in injustice which allowed the characters to do whatever they wanted was their integral design and the game mechanics.
Like what?

The narrative was that Martian Manhunter was Kabal level broken.

But he wasn't. It was one guy.

For example, after oh teleport Martian was -. So there was a metagame, similar to the post Doomsday shoulder metagame. Your options vs. MMH's and they were character specific. There was nothing broken about him. He had no infinites, no game breaking glitches. People simply used MMH as a straw man to hate on a game they never liked to begin with.

To say that characters could do whatever is misleading and ill informed. Due to traits, every character was unique which made match up knowledge essential.

If you didn't know that ducking The Flash's lightning charge lead to a full combo punish instead of leaving him + if you stood blocked, of course he would seem overpowering.

Same if you didn't know you could backdash Green Lantern's b1. Or that you could backdash some of Catwoman's follow ups after a blocked max range j2. Injustice was full of nuance like that.

The reality is that the community never gave Injustice a chance because it wasn't an MK Game.

Now we have an MK game that is several times more setplay and momentum based than Injustice ever was. But people have, "just accepted it" because it has Scorpion and Sub Zero in it.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Can you explain why. Watching streams at the highest level, MK9 was more reads and reaction, injustice was who can get their bullshit going the fastest.
lol what

mk9 was about making good reads so you can get your bullshit started

injustice was the exact same thing in a different package. that's how fighting games work

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
So far MKX is the better game but I think I'll reserve my final judgement when all the patches and balance are done in 6 months. Kinda not fair to compare a 2 month old game to the years of playing with IGAU and MK9...

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
1. MK9 - By far the best of the three imo. It was the game that brought me in to the fgc and I'll never forget that. It was the first game I actually traveled to tournaments in. It was the game that I would watch any stream that I could. And even though it had things like Kabal Iagbs and dash cancels and cyrax resets... it felt like there were still perks to playing defensively.

2. MKX - I put it at number two b/c as much as I love MK... I'm already taking breaks from this game, whereas I didn't even play anything else for like the first year that MK9 was out. I don't care to watch streams as much as I did for MK9. "Is there anything else I want to do? Nah? Alright, I'll watch some MKX." The game is so much faster paced (I don't approve) and feels like anything and everything is there to reward the offensive players, but feels like "oh... you like to play defensive? haha, fuck you"

It's a game of taking turns in the corner and matches ending in 20 seconds... it's all very "meh" to me.

Plus, I would much rather play a cyrax than deal with shenanigans like 1 frame mixups that Quan Chi has.

All that said, this may change in time once the defensive play develops (it will) and it starts feeling like a slower game.

3. Injustice

This game was on par with a steaming pile of horse manure.

I blame it on back to block and interactables.

IROC

WP IROC
Mk9 all the way. Even when getting crapped on by the broken shit, i still enjoyed beating and over comming it. I wish mkx was a "reskinned mk9". Would have been amazing. IGAU...whats that? Lol looked so goofy i never played it. Mkx is slowly growing on me when i start playing good connection people

Wigy

There it is...
Like what?

The narrative was that Martian Manhunter was Kabal level broken.

But he wasn't. It was one guy.

For example, after oh teleport Martian was -. So there was a metagame, similar to the post Doomsday shoulder metagame. Your options vs. MMH's and they were character specific. There was nothing broken about him. He had no infinites, no game breaking glitches. People simply used MMH as a straw man to hate on a game they never liked to begin with.

To say that characters could do whatever is misleading and ill informed. Due to traits, every character was unique which made match up knowledge essential.

If you didn't know that ducking The Flash's lightning charge lead to a full combo punish instead of leaving him + if you stood blocked, of course he would seem overpowering.

Same if you didn't know you could backdash Green Lantern's b1. Or that you could backdash some of Catwoman's follow ups after a blocked max range j2. Injustice was full of nuance like that.

The reality is that the community never gave Injustice a chance because it wasn't an MK Game.

Now we have an MK game that is several times more setplay and momentum based than Injustice ever was. But people have, "just accepted it" because it has Scorpion and Sub Zero in it.
Aquamans trait completely negated some characters, banes trait completely rapetrained some characters, the ambiguous 50/50s eveeeerrywhere from clunky badly designed JIP's and the stupid corner blocking crossups half the cast had. Just to name a few things

Kabal could have been fixed with a few minor frame changes and gas ball changes.

The only think injustice had over mk9 was less bugs