Votes: 10 3.9%
  • 1 MK9 2 IGAU, too soon to judge MKX

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • 1 IGAU 2 MK9, too soon to judge MKX

Votes: 8 3.1%

• Total voters

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Easy to say when you're taking everyones money in all three games right? :joker:
Yeah haha. Honestly it's not even that I'm good at them, I just generally have the most fun with them. And Smash.

But yeah of all the fighting games I've played (which ranges from all the tournament games now and many old fighting games), NRS just makes the most godlike games

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
I love MK9 because, design-wise, it's just straight-up unapologetic fun. The movesets are diverse, the characters are purely throwbacks, the gameplay is goofy (babalities, toasty boost, kombat kodes), the colors are vibrant, and the character designs are over-the-top. It was the game that Ed Boon never wanted to make, but was forced to because of Midway going bankrupt. The result was a game that people actually wanted.

MKX, by contrast, is muted and self-aware. It wants a seat at the table of most popular fighters by asking politely, not by showing up uninvited and throwing someone out of their chair. It doesn't want to be too sexy, it doesn't want to be too vibrant, it doesn't want to develop organically, it doesn't want to come across as silly, and it doesn't want to be perceived as scrubby. In short, MKX just tries way too hard and leaves us with a one-dimensional shell of a game that functions better as a sales platform than a competitive fighter.
Nice, you only forgot to type ''kappa'' at the end but its okay.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Mk9 had anti airs and a real neutral game.
Mk9 didn't revolve around guessing.
MK9 Had counter poking (unlike injustice)

Moral of the story is that mk9 was more competitively satisfying.
You had to guess to get out of Cage pressure

People grossly overstate anti airing in MK9. Even at highest level, characters like Lao and Sonya could still jump arounf like they were on crack.

Watch CD Jr vs. PL at EVO 2012 and pay attention to how much PL jumped.

MK9 had a nuetral game that not every character had to play vs. every other character.

MK9 was competitively satisfying until you were caught in Smoke or Cyrax resets for your lifebar(Cyrax having unbreakable set ups), and until you had to fight: Jade vs. Kenshi, Sub vs. Kenshi, Sub vs. Kitana, Scorpion vs. Cage, or unless you mained Noob, Baraka, Jade, Kano, Sindel, Stryker, Sheeva, Scorpion, Sub Zero, Rain(10 characters) who would never win a major solo at the highest level.

MK9 had poking and counter poking dictated by Player one advantage and input bugs that would cause an opponent to stand jab or kick instead of correctly executing their downpoke.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Actually, for me: Commando Kano>Dash blocking>MB shoulder charge. But if Commando Kano was in MK9 and had a +6 shoulder charge I'd piss my pants.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Mk9 had anti airs and a real neutral game.
Mk9 didn't revolve around guessing.
MK9 Had counter poking (unlike injustice)

Moral of the story is that mk9 was more competitively satisfying.
MK9 had great counter poking with P1 advantage? Not a chance, man. Also, MK9 had plenty of guessing. Kabal pressure, Sonya, Johnny pressure? Lol good luck risking everything to poke out

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
MK9:
+ Character diversity
+ Anti airs
+ Fast pace

- Meter Drain Glitch
- Player 1 Advantage
- Random frame advantage
- Horrible balance issues (Kabal, Sonya, Cyrax, Kenshi...all were insanely stupid to deal with)
- Unblockable resets
- Wonky corners

Injustice
+ Character diversity

- Martian, Aquaman, Batgirl and Zod were too strong
- Slow movement = Slow pace
- Anti Airing was all over the place
- Skill gap
- Interactables (Some were too strong)
- Wonky corners

MKX
+ Anti Airs are very good.
+ Nearly everyone has a 50-50 of some sort.
+ Pretty well balanced (Might be too soon though lol)
+ Interactables aren't as big of a deal here than in Injustice.

- Character diversity is more one dimensional this time around.
- Game heavily favors 50-50's more so than Injustice...if that game didn't have enough 50-50's
- Community has been more than a pain in the ass unlike the other games...and it's growing on me in a bad way.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
This site would be better without the MK extremists. Am I allowed to enjoy Injustice the most? Because apparently it's the worst game that has ever existed in the history of ever...

I mean don't get me wrong, I love MK...but apparently loving both isn't allowed for a lot of people
Begone heathen!!!

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
MK9:
+ Character diversity
+ Anti airs
+ Fast pace

- Meter Drain Glitch
- Player 1 Advantage
- Random frame advantage
- Horrible balance issues (Kabal, Sonya, Cyrax, Kenshi...all were insanely stupid to deal with)
- Unblockable resets
- Wonky corners

Injustice
+ Character diversity

- Martian, Aquaman, Batgirl and Zod were too strong
- Slow movement = Slow pace
- Anti Airing was all over the place
- Skill gap
- Interactables (Some were too strong)
- Wonky corners

MKX
+ Anti Airs are very good.
+ Nearly everyone has a 50-50 of some sort.
+ Pretty well balanced (Might be too soon though lol)
+ Interactables aren't as big of a deal here than in Injustice.

- Character diversity is more one dimensional this time around.
- Game heavily favors 50-50's more so than Injustice...if that game didn't have enough 50-50's
- Community has been more than a pain in the ass unlike the other games...and it's growing on me in a bad way.
who are you playing with strong anti airs?

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
"- Community has been more than a pain in the ass unlike the other games...and it's growing on me in a bad way."

Just, no. IGAU was a fucking salt and hate fest compared to MKX.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
"- Community has been more than a pain in the ass unlike the other games...and it's growing on me in a bad way."

Just, no. IGAU was a fucking salt and hate fest compared to MKX.
MKX has been out for a little less than 2 months, wait till people find out even more dirt in this game. Salt is gonna be realllllllllll

aj1701

Noob
I think this is the reason people are choosing MK9 over MKX.

It is an objective reality that MKX is a better game than MK9, but people have their emotions wrapped up in to MK9's roster, and/or it being their first "serious" game, so they are more tied to it.

Nobody can really argue against that. Just as nobody really can legitimately argue that MK9 is a better FG than MKX, and thus they have to tear down MKX, and pump up (forget the issues and flaws) MK9, to make an argument.

FYI: Anyone who thinks all of MK9 problems could have been fixed with "one more patch" is crazy. It would have been awesome if MK9 had one more patch, but the most it would have done is inject maybe one more year of competition into the community for the game we all loved at the time.
Uh, no its not. MK9 for me finally did away with all the bullshit that make MK suck, which started in MK3 with the addition of the run button and goofy characters (robots, Kabal, Stryker). MK4 was complete trash, and I didn't play another MK game again until my wife got me Armageddon on the Wii. I played that a bit, but it was still trash, and I gave up on MK, until I tried MK9. Back to the basics and things that made MK great to begin with, without the stupid gimmicks that made the game less fun (running, weapons, 3D in general).

MKX goes right back to adding more shit for the sake of adding it. Run comes back, and tying everything to the stamina meter reminds me of they hyper offensive mash shit out game that was MK3. Oh well, maybe when they reset things again in another 20 years...

JDM

Noob
MK9 was the best, but it had so many problems.

The fighting engine was the best though easily. If it had better balance, less glitches, and a better netcode I don't think I would have stopped playing it.

MKX is great, but right now the meta is looking scary in the corner. Like, it's not fun to watch at all or obviously to be on the receiving end of an ass whooping in the corner. They need to buff pushblocking (Seriously NRS, it's way too much) and maybe MKX will be the best in the future. I think MKX has the potential to be the best.

Injustice was pretty garbage. It was a lot of fun early on, but man was it repetitive. Interactables were broken, and the top tier were too good

aj1701

Noob
This site would be better without the MK extremists. Am I allowed to enjoy Injustice the most? Because apparently it's the worst game that has ever existed in the history of ever...

I mean don't get me wrong, I love MK...but apparently loving both isn't allowed for a lot of people
Um, what? This site is built around the MK games; there are plenty of other sites for other fighters, and literally the only reason IGAU is here is because NRS made it.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Uh, no its not. MK9 for me finally did away with all the bullshit that make MK suck, which started in MK3 with the addition of the run button and goofy characters (robots, Kabal, Stryker). MK4 was complete trash, and I didn't play another MK game again until my wife got me Armageddon on the Wii. I played that a bit, but it was still trash, and I gave up on MK, until I tried MK9. Back to the basics and things that made MK great to begin with, without the stupid gimmicks that made the game less fun (running, weapons, 3D in general).

MKX goes right back to adding more shit for the sake of adding it. Run comes back, and tying everything to the stamina meter reminds me of they hyper offensive mash shit out game that was MK3. Oh well, maybe when they reset things again in another 20 years...
You actually just agreed with me, but you didn't realize it.

MK9 is a fun game, no doubt; but MK9 was a deeply flawed game too on a high competitive level. MKX sought to fix those issues (as far as I can tell), and objectively it does a great job of doing that. BUT, if you don't like the run mechanic, or the stamina bar, that is fine, for the record though they weren't added for "the sake of adding [them]", they serve a purpose, and they regulate in real time some of the more janky systems and mechanics of MK9.

And just to go back to MK3 for a moment...that game was the last semi serious competitive MK game before MK9. MKX went back to that model to some degree for a purpose...because it worked. So, if you don't like it...that is fine, but objectively that is MK, one of the best competitive MK's, so your assertion that "MKX goes right back to adding more shit for the sake of adding it" is a flawed statement on its face.

Another thing too is that you bring up the "robots, Kabal, [and] Stryker" like they were bad things...but many others here love those things (maybe not stryker so much, but I digress). This is the point though, that nostalgia drives a lot of these issues. You don't identify those characters as parts of MK that you like, which is fine, but they are some people's favorite parts, and objectively they are important parts (good or bad) of the MK legacy. You are mixing your personal dislikes with MKX up with your nostalgic emotions of MK in general. Bottom line is that objectively, on paper, MKX is a better game, but it doesn't click for everyone based on emotional responses/connections that some people have regarding their/your stand point on MK in general.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It seems I'm in the minority of not really liking MK9. It just wasn't as fun to me as MKX is or even as Injustice. I really wasn't a big fan of Injustice either tbh, and MKX has it's problems. I just think it's the most fun out of the 3.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Bottom line is that objectively, on paper, MKX is a better game.
This is entirely opinion though. Just like this "which game is better" between the 3. There is no right answer, technically. People like what they like. People like certain games over other ones for a variety of reasons. Maybe they like the mechanics of SF over that of Marvel.That doesn't make SF the better game... only the better game in those people's opinions.

Just like how I prefer the slower gameplay and neutral game of MK9 to MKX's fast paced corner fest. Technically... doesn't make MK9 better. Just better, to me.