What's new

Tech - Raiden Raiden mid screen vortex

I love this game to death. But there's too many vortexs
Scorpion, Subz, Kenshi, Ermac, Raiden that I know of have a vortex. Does Quan or Shinnok have one with there trance specials? I think NRS balanced this game knowing there would be vortexes. That's why so many things are unsafe for all characters.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
Scorpion, Subz, Kenshi, Ermac, Raiden that I know of have a vortex. Does Quan or Shinnok have one with there trance specials? I think NRS balanced this game knowing there would be vortexes. That's why so many things are unsafe for all characters.

I know Quan Chi can with Summoner and Puggles

If you restand them in the corner with B1,4 and xx into a Fireball I believe you are at +67 frames advantage unless I'm mistaken?

Just trying to cheapen it a bit more :)

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
If you restand them in the corner with B1,4 and xx into a Fireball I believe you are at +67 frames advantage unless I'm mistaken?

Just trying to cheapen it a bit more :)
I feel I really need to check that frame data. I thought you're at +9 after that.
On the other hand, I imagine that TG can do b14~lightning run cancel (should we maybe agree to call it LRC? or if you want to sound more pro, FRC / FDC :D ) for more frames.

Yeah I need to recheck the frame data too lol but last I checked fireball on hit was +67 (lol) which kind of makes sense since it puts you in that staggered jailed state animation.

Also I like the sound of LRC :)

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Yeah I need to recheck the frame data too lol but last I checked fireball on hit was +67 (lol) which kind of makes sense since it puts you in that staggered jailed state animation.
Sounds like EX-lightning or fully charged TG's lightning on hit tbh. Or regular from fullscreen. Will check at the evening.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Ahhh that would make a LOT more sense, I wish they had more specific frame data ;(
I remember they had 3 separate entries for lightning in TG, for example. For regular, charged and EX versions. They don't have anything that accounts for range though.

This feels really tricky.

I'm assuming the meterless way to do this is

b2 > run > b14 xx db[1] > run > 21 for overhead
and
b32 > b14 xx db[1] > run > 21 for low

right?

Feels really tricky, especially seeing as you have to get the 21 point blanc for the combos after the mixup to connect fully.

The metered version seems way easier to execute though.

SirRaven

Teleport tickle fail
This is all fine and a nice find but chances of landing this online (at least for me) are near impossible. Simple stuff like b3,3-superman works 10% of the time.

It also doesn't help that raiden's pokes seem to be some of the slowest in the game making opening up opponents for pressure combo near impossible. His quickest attacks all get beat by everyone else. Hell, b3,3 (one of his fastest strings) was getting decimated by subzero's same damn low kick combo when initiated at the same time.

Take into account that both his main strings start high, you're open to uppercut or low pokes. Raiden has a lot of the same issues that made him vulnerable in MK9. Good tech and crafty gameplay can make up for it but in a battle of equally skilled players, Raiden will be on the short end of the stick.....and don't even get me started on teleport...

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
This is all fine and a nice find but chances of landing this online (at least for me) are near impossible. Simple stuff like b3,3-superman works 10% of the time.

It also doesn't help that raiden's pokes seem to be some of the slowest in the game making opening up opponents for pressure combo near impossible. His quickest attacks all get beat by everyone else. Hell, b3,3 (one of his fastest strings) was getting decimated by subzero's same damn low kick combo when initiated at the same time.

Take into account that both his main strings start high, you're open to uppercut or low pokes. Raiden has a lot of the same issues that made him vulnerable in MK9. Good tech and crafty gameplay can make up for it but in a battle of equally skilled players, Raiden will be on the short end of the stick.....and don't even get me started on teleport...
D4 my man. You get +19 off of a d4 on hit. You have to buffer a run during the d4 to connect a b1 or f1 (both mids) to blow them up for trying to hit a button after the d4 hits. People are getting away with a lot of button mashing right now. But eventually, people will know to block after d4 hits, which gives you the option to start going for things like throw, your b2/3 mixup, or f2, f23, etc to play it safer

Raiden isn't going to be the aggressor against any characters that have long reaching mid attacks. Going to have to space the opponent out and whiff punish with d4. Your other options are to use superman or rising god as a whiff punisher. Superman/ex-rising god are high reward whiff punishers, but super high risk. d4 will be your safest option. But it does have good range. F4 is also good as a whiff punisher too. Can't remember what it is on block though.

Last edited:

SirRaven

Teleport tickle fail
Thanks for the tips, I'll try that out. I get frustrated just losing out on the poke game on d4 but it seems I've been doing it too close and definitely without running. My run game is piss poor with raiden, I gotta step it up. Who thought they'd need run when they could teleport? pfft....

This feels really tricky.

I'm assuming the meterless way to do this is

b2 > run > b14 xx db[1] > run > 21 for overhead
and
b32 > b14 xx db[1] > run > 21 for low

right?

Feels really tricky, especially seeing as you have to get the 21 point blanc for the combos after the mixup to connect fully.

The metered version seems way easier to execute though.
This cannot be done meterless. Those combos use up all stamina and would not recharge in time to do another one without meter.

Last edited: