What's new

Tech - Quan Chi Quan Chi combos and tech

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I would never recommend using skydrop as your overhead. Go for B2 instead. Far less punishable and puts you in a better situation when the bat lands.

Skydrop is easily one of the worst moves in the whole game.
Well if you have your Bat out you can use it as a safe get in for free option :D If you're at a life deficit and need to get in

Last edited:

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks

Thought I'd share some of my Summoner Quan findings with you guys!

Nothing fancy, just me sitting with the training mode and going over a few things.

Areas mentioned:

Zoning
Corner Game/Vortex
Anti Air

Hope you see some stuff you didn't know about! Sorry fi some of this is similar to Dink's tech, I'm not sure what he's found. Haha!

Loved the zoning!! My vortex was the same one except midscreen. Substitute the 3 for a d3, which is +15. The 3 will hit them back and your b3 will not hit, thus why i use the d3. plus its quick :D

gibster13

A fan of fans
Quan cheese full screen game in summoner is insane. His fireball fall frame traps into ex rune, which is plus and frame traps into another rune, in conjunction with the assist mechanics and insane recovery on them it'll stronger than Freddy was. They can try and jump but a regular stance switch with the bat will anti air and can be confirmed into ex trance or runes. He has like three different frame traps at full screen which opens him up to re spamming summon. He can also make his tp stomp safe and extend his pressure with it by filling in gaps very similar to sinestro.

He also can easily get 25%ish damage from full screen. Summoner us extremely versatile in my opinion.

A simple ex fireball can open up the use, if only his instant air wasn't nerfed he'd be ungodly
Ikr his zoning is amazing. Try an in air fireball and at the same time(or as close as you can) make puggles do his projectile. This then jails the opponent and you get a free ex rune.

Ikr his zoning is amazing. Try an in air fireball and at the same time(or as close as you can) make puggles do his projectile. This then jails the opponent and you get a free ex rune.
WI'll do, I tend to prefer the regular lt because it's frame advantage regardless

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
Here's some of what I found. Haven't really seen anyone else's combos so I don't know if these are useful or not.

MKX Quan Chi (Warlock) combos:

MKX Quan Chi (Warlock) corner combos w/ uppercut …:

MKX Quan Chi corner combo ( Warlock variation):

gibster13

A fan of fans

Thought I'd share some of my Summoner Quan findings with you guys!

Nothing fancy, just me sitting with the training mode and going over a few things.

Areas mentioned:

Zoning
Corner Game/Vortex
Anti Air

Hope you see some stuff you didn't know about! Sorry fi some of this is similar to Dink's tech, I'm not sure what he's found. Haha!
Great combos ! Personally i wouldn't use an EX fireball. Try using a EX rune instead ? I would really recommend using summoner if you like to get your opponent in the corner. Watch the video by @PND_Ketchup posted. I have quoted the video here

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
Here's some of what I found. Haven't really seen anyone else's combos so I don't know if these are useful or not.

MKX Quan Chi (Warlock) combos:

MKX Quan Chi (Warlock) corner combos w/ uppercut …:

MKX Quan Chi corner combo ( Warlock variation):
Would you mind posting the inputs?
Definitely want to check these out

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Loved the zoning!! My vortex was the same one except midscreen. Substitute the 3 for a d3, which is +15. The 3 will hit them back and your b3 will not hit, thus why i use the d3. plus its quick :D
When you land the standing 3 midscreen, you can get a tiny piece of our run and then land the B3 to get it to connect. im not sure if they're jailed when you run, but i catch a lot of people with it because they wait for the mixup to come rather than jumping out.

I was using D3 last night, it's GDLK!

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
Great combos ! Personally i wouldn't use an EX fireball. Try using a EX rune instead ? I would really recommend using summoner if you like to get your opponent in the corner. Watch the video by @PND_Ketchup posted. I have quoted the video here
I was just trying to see if you could keep it going after the skull. Summoner is my next project, I'm really feeling Warlock right now! I could probably extend it by doing d3~ex rune into a string then do the trance. I'll check it out later when I get off work.

Last edited:
What are you sorcerers doing with the spell circles? I've been using the armor one as the other ones don't do anything for me in my hands.

haketh

Noob
MB Throw is more than slight advantage. It grants you a 50/50. At least, that is how the mechanic has been described to work. I don't see the difference in doing portal stab over the throw. You're spending the bar either way.
EX Throw can be teched meanwhile the Stab can't. I'll take the reliable over possibly getting teched & resetting momentum

Just found this with summoner, it requires a run cancel but when you start the vortex and go low, looking at 40% no bar midscreen with this. 43% with MB ground pound if you want.

I suggest everyone look at some run cancel stuff! I think it's really good and there's probably even better you can get. Btw this combo is tight as shit, the hardest part is the dash b1 xx trance cancel. I think with practice it is doable but definitely gonna require some heavy practice

Last edited:

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
Just found this with summoner, it requires a run cancel but when you start the vortex and go low, looking at 40% no bar midscreen with this. 43% with MB ground pound if you want.

I suggest everyone look at some run cancel stuff! I think it's really good and there's probably even better you can get. Btw this combo is tight as shit, the hardest part is the dash b2 xx trance cancel. I think with practice it is doable but definitely gonna require some heavy practice

Good find. Just a slight correction. That appears to be B1xTrance. Not B2. Good job otherwise. :)

CMass

Noob

I suggest everyone look at some run cancel stuff! I think it's really good and there's probably even better you can get. Btw this combo is tight as shit, the hardest part is the dash b2 xx trance cancel. I think with practice it is doable but definitely gonna require some heavy practice

Godlike. Looks a bit situational but thats a nice combo.

wezz02

Noob

some summoner tech i came up with day one. another of my videos shows how you could use it to go for high lows and such too.

gibster13

A fan of fans
In summoner there is great pressure with the bat. Basically what i like to do is to do a bnb ending in trance, then do 141 db3. This gives enough time, because the opponent is in knockdown, to do what you want. People expect Quan Chi to zone but who says he can't go in sometimes ?
example- j2 b324 b12 trance dash 141, then summon bat, fireball whilst doing puggles projectile, run up to opponent for FREE.

The fireball into puggles projectile jails them so they can't move. If you don't want to go in you can zone by doing EX rune. Don't forget EX rune grants a free rune :D Also doing EX rune rune grants a free bat summon

Man. This is a very sloppy combo thread. Why is the OP not listing them on the front page in notation?

Why are some of you just uploading videos but not listing the combo string?

Lol. I'm trying to learn Quan Chi as my second main but man, compared to Sonya Blade's combo thread, this one is a nightmare of navigation and finding what you want.

Tighten it up OP. Thank you.