What's new

Proof That Some Attacks have more Advantage on Crouch Block

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I think this same thing is in SFIV if im right. i remember Xian saying something about hitboxes becoming smaller or something as you are going into a croutch

haketh

Noob
This 'was' actually present when blocking some moves. The next full update addresses them.
Hate t bug you but are some characters getting pushed back farther after attacks like Kung Jin EX Bo Swing being looked at in this patch to?

infamy23

FireBeard
yea so crouch blocking adds an extra frame of blockstun lol. btw how r u testing this?

I'm not sure if going from crouching to standing adds a frame. I'm doing Raiden b1 on Sub-Zero. His b1 is -9 and if what u said about crouch to stand is true, i should only be able to punish with a 6 frame standing jab (normal + crouch block + crouch to stand = 3 extra frames). But I can punish his b1 with Sub-Zero's 7 frame standing 1 which would mean that going from crouching to standing doesn't actually add a frame.
It doesn't add a frame in all cases that's why I said it's random.

Raiden's b1 is 1 frame slower when you do it from a crouch block, but his standing 2 is the same speed as always.

There may have been something else that caused it to be 1 frame slower when I tested it, I dunno. The only way to know for sure is to test every normal in the game and that's like... a month's worth of work lol

I use a 60fps elgato and adobe premiere to test. Premiere has a feature that puts a big number on the screen and lets me watch frame by frame so it's easy to see how many frames have passed etc...