What's new

Predict the overnerfs/buffs

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
I know REO used him, I just found out Chris G used him but it wasn't streamed, and Slayer used him, but that's it as far as I know. And REO will probably use Sonya and Cassie as well.
That's it? There are 20 other characters that aren't in the top 8. Who cares who Reo "will" use.

btw for all the people worrying about sub:

don't you think there's a chance NRS *wants* scorpion & sub to be strong? they are the marquee characters of the series, after all.

i could see them looking at marvel 3 and how weak many of the A-list marvel characters turned out in that game. spider-man, iron man, captain america, thor...all had big-budget movies and they were mostly irrelevant in tournaments. marvel was probably annoyed at how rarely those characters show up on streams, and i could imagine NRS looking at that and trying not to repeat it.

just an idle thought...

That's it? There are 20 other characters that aren't in the top 8. Who cares who Reo "will" use.
Of course there are 20 other characters that aren't in top 8. That's why it's called top 8.

I'm not sure what are you trying to argue, honestly. You said that half of top 8 is Kung Jin when we only have 3(as far as I know, Footwurk could possibly be using him) and REO barely counts because as you said "who cares," it's fucking REO, he knows pretty much the whole cast already.

My point is that Kung Jin is not as broken as people are crying about, or at all really. He, nor is anybody else right now, a pick up and win character. Hell, the only Kung Jin winning anything right now currently is @FOREVER KING.

There is no character in this game that should be nerfed unless they have some truly legit broken shit. If anything, some characters need to be buffed.

footwurk plays hellfire scorpion. so it's 3 kung jins

also REO is so damn smart about this, playing kung jin on stream while hiding sonya. i'm betting he busts her out only if he's a game away from elimination

while I agree that KJ is rly strong he has trouble vs fast projectile characters who just back away and full screen vs you
most ppl who wants a nerf here dk how to block his strings yet
takeda could need some speed buff on his pokes though

F4tal

Noob
The fact that Kung Lao would even be a candidate for a buff or a nerf baffles me He literally doesn't need any buffs and doesn't have any sort of 50/50. He is probably one the most honest characters in the game. The only thing he lacks is low damage but he really doesn't need a damage buff.

F4tal

Noob
And why would Kung Lao's Low Hat get nerfed? It is punishable by most characters and is only plus on block when its EX. He his high risk/mediocre reward and anyone who thinks his hat needs to be nerfed obviously haven't gone to the lab to actually try and punish it. The game just came out, if anything needs fixed it's the frame data information and maybe have some of Shinnok's moves track.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
The fact that Kung Lao would even be a candidate for a buff or a nerf baffles me He literally doesn't need any buffs and doesn't have any sort of 50/50. He is probably one the most honest characters in the game. The only thing he lacks is low damage but he really doesn't need a damage buff.
37-38 meter less. 39-41 in corner meter less. Off just a spin we get 25 no meter. Although I agree. Hat trick needs a buff. It's low hat isn't a low. It's high hat isn't a over head. By throwing your hat. You lose your over head and you don't have low starter anyways.

F4tal

Noob
37-38 meter less. 39-41 in corner meter less. Off just a spin we get 25 no meter. Although I agree. Hat trick needs a buff. It's low hat isn't a low. It's high hat isn't a over head. By throwing your hat. You lose your over head and you don't have low starter anyways.
Thank you. I am tired of people in the Kung Lao forums begging for damage buffs when this character doesn't rely on big damage to win at a high level. I agree with you on the whole Hat Trick suggestions even though I will never touch that variation.