What's new

Predict the overnerfs/buffs

SaJa

FH_FenriR
looking lame is not a reason to nerf
Dunno, wait and see, but when everyone will master the cancel combo, Raiden BnB will be about 50%. When a char has 50/50 he needs to do as much damage as Erron Black imo.

D. R.

Noob
Something needs to be done about Kotal Kahn's Mace Parry. The concept of how it should work is there but the practicality for it is not. I suggest the following changes:

- Change start up from 8 frames to 5 frames on the normal parry, keeping the same active frames it has currently
- Allow the normal parry to parry jump in and aerial attacks as well
- Allow the Enhance version to parry everything within the limitation of its one hit maximum (Jump in, standing or projectile)
- On parry, allow some form of frame advantage and block stun instead of just registering the opponent's attack attempt as a whiff (Ex: Raiden's superman just goes right through him)

Too much? Too little? I feel KK's Blood God and Sun God variations are lacking far behind War God in terms of practicality and will in the game's later life span if they stay how they are currently. I know something's going to change but I want to ride out the game a little bit longer before I concretely cite what needs nerfs and buffs with this character.

TL;DR War God is awesome, BG and SG suck, buff.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
This was meant to be a fun excursion and not a serious thread about balance. We have half a major so far and the only character who seems slightly explored in that setting is Kung Jin. Even then not well enough that I can comment.

Seeing Justin's Raiden does make me nervous for the character though. That corner damage is saving his butt when he gets outplayed and based on stream chat that combined with the crazy corner carry of ending combos in superman is somewhat unpopular. I don't know the matchup well enough to comment but unfortunately a certain amount of balancing is always going to be based on perceived and spectator input.

Also this is just my opinion because I've been playing him in casuals a bit, but I think Johnny is being slept on. I think he has some holes in his game that easier rush down characters don't, but his run cancels off of f3 and mimic glow kick put him in massively good frame traps which give him throw mixups since pushing a button is death. Also his damage off of clone stuff is nuts. Admittedly he's got an extra resource to juggle and his game isn't nearly as straightforward as it was in MK9 or the CURRENT MKX meta. (50-50 rinse repeat)

Wallach

Noob
My guess is the first overnerfs will be on (Grandmaster) Sub-Zero, (Bojutsu) Kung Jin and (Thunder God) Raiden. Maybe (Summoner) Quan Chi or (Outlaw) Erron Black.

Overbuffs... harder to say, as I feel like they'll be paying more attention to online metrics in the early targeted buffs. Some variation of Shinnok & Ferra/Torr would be my guesses.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
This was meant to be a fun excursion and not a serious thread about balance. We have half a major so far and the only character who seems slightly explored in that setting is Kung Jin. Even then not well enough that I can comment.

Seeing Justin's Raiden does make me nervous for the character though. That corner damage is saving his butt when he gets outplayed and based on stream chat that combined with the crazy corner carry of ending combos in superman is somewhat unpopular. I don't know the matchup well enough to comment but unfortunately a certain amount of balancing is always going to be based on perceived and spectator input.

Also this is just my opinion because I've been playing him in casuals a bit, but I think Johnny is being slept on. I think he has some holes in his game that easier rush down characters don't, but his run cancels off of f3 and mimic glow kick put him in massively good frame traps which give him throw mixups since pushing a button is death. Also his damage off of clone stuff is nuts. Admittedly he's got an extra resource to juggle and his game isn't nearly as straightforward as it was in MK9 or the CURRENT MKX meta. (50-50 rinse repeat)
I want you to go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Why would he get nerfed? He cannot get up from the ground in a game with a run button and 50/50 mix ups. Besides, outside of b+2 xx EX rune, his footsies are nonexistent.
Yeah but b2 ex rune is a great footsie tool, of course he'd be shit at footsies without his best footsie tool, most characters would.

Not arguing against the character, just making a point.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
The biggest problem with KJ, aside from his safe 50/50 options is his huge midscreen meterless damage. He gets just slightly less than most characters who need a bar to combo.

They have a tendency to patch things that arent an issue and leave broken shit broken.

See kabal and cyrax. All they had to do to fix cyrax was make the damage reset timer take like one frame more than it took for a bomb to explode.

Mileenas ex tk and d1 will wiff on hit for the entire life of the game.

Kung jin will continue to have a safe 50/50 while everyone elses is punishable, his ji2 will continue to stuff everything intended to be an anti air and ignore armor.

Cassies ex nut punch will continue to be plus 52. As if the games positiin in its life cycle somehow has anything to do with frame advantage.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
I predict kung jin scorp and jacqui to be nerfed hard.
What id like to see is damage reduction for scorp and jin. Perhaps Bow Swat can only combo in the corner. For Jacqui change the missiles from a Meter Burn Move to an Enhanced move (this isnt injustice lol)

learis1

Guardian Cadet
I'd like for scorp's low minion to be nerfed to just be a single hit for non-meter burn, and the same grab combo situation only on meter burn.

Aramonde

Noob
I predict Kung Jin bow and Quan summ will get nerfed for sure.

I'm just a casual player so im not going to suggest any nerfs or buffs.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I highlighted the key word here.
And it doesn't say "variation"
Here we go again. Was about to say it anyway, so thanks for giving me another reason...

So hey NRS, Thundergod is a problem now apparently, he needs nerfs, okay? So let's nerf his f1, f2, b2 and b3, introduce more scaling on b14 and shit like that. Congratulations, you have better balanced character, right?

Nope, because now MoS and DP are even worse for no reason and their unique tools are still not applicable to anything and don't do anything more straightforward characters can do without hassle of setups.

Another variation doesn't do anything for you when you're playing particular matchup, just like having backup secondary doesn't make your main's bad matchups better. Nerfing some broken variation won't make the rest good. Changing some moveset because you change another one that was having/causing problems makes no sense whatsoever. How the hell can you even justify the opposite?

Oh, and to stick to the topic, that was my prediction in the second paragraph.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I predict kung jin scorp and jacqui to be nerfed hard.
What id like to see is damage reduction for scorp and jin. Perhaps Bow Swat can only combo in the corner. For Jacqui change the missiles from a Meter Burn Move to an Enhanced move (this isnt injustice lol)
Lol. Anyone suggesting nerfing Jacqui's machine gun clearly knows very little about the game.

And nah, bow swat is fine. If you wanna nerf Jin, make his njp much more unsafe on block so he can't just throw it out and plow through anyone's attempts at poking. Or, give bow swat and bow swing higher damage scaling.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I, for one, don't think that Quan's bat is best whacked with cooldown. If you really want to nerf it, delay between summoning it and launching looks more reasonable. Although it hurt his immediate setups in the game where setting anything up in advance is impractical, so I dunno...

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I could see Ferra/Torr being overbuffed since hardly anyone plays the character NRS might not realize that they are actually pretty good.

Overnerfs to grandmaster sub and inferno scorpion, and I won't shed any tears for them.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I could see Ferra/Torr being overbuffed since hardly anyone plays the character NRS might not realize that they are actually pretty good.
They were actually played on tourneys and winning fights that were considered hard at the time. WonderChief used them. That's already more than most of the cast can boast.

And if you take into account particular variations, it gets worse.
Shaolin? Ronins? Stormlords? Ethereals?* Hello anyone?

You can say the same about F/T variations, but at least Lackey has serious backing up here on TYM, although they don't show anything yet...

* - non-Bojutsu, non-SR, non-TG... and maybe non-Piercing would be more accurate, but whatever. Some variations are really obscure at the time. Not sure if anyone even remembers that those exist.

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
BUFFS:
----------

Takeda ( Shirai Ryu )

+ Kunai Faster by 10 frames so the opponent can't Armor out
+ His B21 is faster by 4 frames
+ His B3 Faster by 2 frames
+ His D1 is 7 frames instead of 11 frames
+ His Fake Teleport Cancel consumes 1/4 of the stamina gauge instead of 1/2
+ His Fake Teleport Cancel has less recovery

Kotal Khan ( Blood God )

Ferra/Torr

NERFS
----------

Sub-Zero ( Grandmaster )

Scorpion ( Inferno )

Raiden

IGNORED
--------------

Jax ( 90% of his moves are safe )

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
can anyone telle me why anyone would demand to buff johnny stund double? He is my main and i know that he does not lack pressure game. I A-List is ok too not that bad. what did i miss ? :confused: