What's new

Predict the overnerfs/buffs

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I actually really hope they do. The way summoner is right now really turns me off to the variation.
I hope they don't for obvious reasons.

Quan Chi is very solid, but he has gaping weaknesses. If they nerf the thing he does really well into something average, he may end up just being an average character in a years time. We've seen it happen so often now.

Considering how NWM is looking so far (more matches with Kung Jin than matches without), I bet NRS is gonna nerf Bojutsu to the ground.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I hope they don't for obvious reasons.

Quan Chi is very solid, but he has gaping weaknesses. If they nerf the thing he does really well into something average, he may end up just being an average character in a years time. We've seen it happen so often now.
I gotta disagree. The instant recall of bats and the near unblockable setups don't feel necessary to the character to me. His down3 is great, ex rune is plus into mixups. His throw is amazing. D3 throw is freaking incredible. Plus armor in his sorcerer variation is insane. I don't really like the idea of quan being a character that just throws shit across the screen constantly. Summoner looks really cool, I just don't like Quan playing like that.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I gotta disagree. The instant recall of bats and the near unblockable setups don't feel necessary to the character to me. His down3 is great, ex rune is plus into mixups. His throw is amazing. D3 throw is freaking incredible. Plus armor in his sorcerer variation is insane. I don't really like the idea of quan being a character that just throws shit across the screen constantly. Summoner looks really cool, I just don't like Quan playing like that.
Quan Chi is overrated.

Lucky_623

MKX XB1 & Cage Family Supporter
Nerfed:
Cassie Cage will be sent to mid-tier
Sub-Zero will be knocked down a peg or two

Buffed:
Johnny Cage
Kitana

Ignored:
Sonya

Edit for clearification:
If any strong variation gets touched it will render said character unusable and players will jump characters before making another variation viable. The nature of the fighting game beast tends to trump this 3 variation mechanic.

Last edited:

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
I would love if Johnny's 1,1 jailed on block and Double Stunt's clones carried across rounds.

And nothing for Cassie, most likely slight nerfs as she's pretty strong at the moment. I can see her F3,4's damage being nerfed as she has ridiculous high meterless corner damage. 46% off overhead meterless hmmmm mmm.

How about some fixes?

Kotal Kahn:

Blood Totem: Is bugged, it doesn't drain the opponents meter with buttons 2 and 4. Only 1,d1, 3, d3 seem to drain meter.
Crystal Totem: Not sure if its intentional or not but it doesn't affect sun ray damage.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Really ?
I would've bet on Cassie or Jacqui.
Honestly I watched good players drop Cassie to jump ship to Kung Jin. It was pretty sad.

I dunno that it says much though, it's week two and his execution is so so braindead that if I had even slight tournament jitters I'd probably do it too just for how reliable his damage is.

I'm thinking of learning his one braindead mixup into combo just to get the ten win streak in Survivor for Hotshot Johnny. It looks undroppable even in vicious input lag. I wish Cassie were that stable. Her Hollywood stuff whiffs at the wrong height, same with Sonya.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
a 19f overhead is unreactable. Doesnt matter if someone has a 13 or 19 frame overhead, you aren't going to be able to react to either of them. Just saying.
I'm just saying there are FASTER overheads. And it's weird that me mentioning faster overheads is all you got out of that.

Kung Jin was almost in every single match in NWM and besides REO's, EVERY single one got bodied!

I think his damage output is retarded but literally every Kung Jin we've seen up until this point besides REO and Forever King are free.

I'd be much more worried about playing a Cassie, Sonya, or Erron Black. Kung Jin would be next after them.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I'm just saying there are FASTER overheads. And it's weird that me mentioning faster overheads is all you got out of that.
It wasnt all I got out of it, just was the only thing I wanted to point out. There are faster overheads but it doesnt really matter as it is unreactable anyway, and there arent any Overheads faster than like 15 frames in this game(dont quote me on that though).

Im not advocating buffs/nerfs for anyone btw. I hate that people are even joking about it, there is still so much shit to figure out in this game.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
It wasnt all I got out of it, just was the only thing I wanted to point out. There are faster overheads but it doesnt really matter as it is unreactable anyway, and there arent any Overheads faster than like 15 frames in this game(dont quote me on that though).

Im not advocating buffs/nerfs for anyone btw. I hate that people are even joking about it, there is still so much shit to figure out in this game.
I just said Sonya's was lol

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Kung Jin was almost in every single match in NWM and besides REO's, EVERY single one got bodied!

I think his damage output is retarded but literally every Kung Jin we've seen up until this point besides REO and Forever King are free.

I'd be much more worried about playing a Cassie, Sonya, or Erron Black. Kung Jin would be next after them.
You realize HALF of the top 8 is Kung-Jin right?

i'd say summoner quan is the stone cold lead pipe lock of the week for nerfs now

we have two of them in top 8 winners at NWM (beating tom brady & chris g to get there), and michaelangelo just dominated today's ATL tourney after giving king & pig a good fight yesterday.

i could see him being overrated in terms of long-term potential, but he's a type of character very well-suited for month 1 play. you can learn most of what you need through training mode since he's hopeless on defense anyway.

You realize HALF of the top 8 is Kung-Jin right?
I know REO used him, I just found out Chris G used him but it wasn't streamed, and Slayer used him, but that's it as far as I know. And REO will probably use Sonya and Cassie as well.