What's new

Predict the overnerfs/buffs

I see nothing wrong with full auto jacqui :(
fans are something else entirely
Which is ironic because full auto Jacqui is an awful matchup for Kitana. Like, horrible.

I don't want jacqui nerfed, but I would like a slight Kitana buff. Maybe make the second hit of f22 an overhead? Please? NRS?

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Even though I feel Kitana could use a couple buffs (startup speed on reflect and parry please) I don't want to see any characters get nerfed. Learning to deal with all the bullshit just makes me that much stronger of a player, at least, IMO.

In all seriousness, our input will probably have very little to do with the first big patch.

It will probably all be the "oh, we didn't think you'd be able to do that!" stuff. You know, the stuff that they never intended to be in, as opposed to things they intentionally put in and only decided it was too weak/too strong after the fact. So there's really no use complaining about that, let NRS get the game to what they envisioned, and then we can properly critique what they have.

After playing through Story Mode, I'm convinced someone at NRS really HATES Quan Chi with a passion.

There's no less than three scenes and subsequent quick time events of him getting punched repeatedly in the face.

So inb4 Quan Chi nerfed to the nether-netherealm.
I seen this coming a mile away. Lol

Before release I was set on using Sub and Quan with a lil bit of Kang here and there, but after catching a story mode stream and seeing him basically get shitted all over on, his lack of wake-ups shown in the elite 8, and just how fast his bats can come out and be mixed up with his rune and trance I could literally see the nerf hammer hanging over his head.

I'm really hoping NRS doesn't give into complaints about certain characters and just fix shit that they didn't intend to happen in the game. I feel it's inevitable though that nerfs are coming to Sub, Scorp, Kung Jin, Jaqui, and Erron Black while characters like Cassie and Sonya remain untouched or with barely any changes.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I don't really care who gets nerfed or buffed... It doesn't matter in these games. Whatever happens will happen and there's no sense fighting it. Scrubs will get their nerf demands in when the first balance patch comes in, and then the next two or three after it, they'll have already stopped playing so the adjustments will be slightly more informed.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Quan and Sub Zero have a whole lot of bullshit...Grandmaster is waaaaayyyyy too strong in this game and Quan is all together frustrating, but I can figure it out. I feel good where this game is at the moment. I agree with leveling most things untouched for now and only fixing the bugs/infinites/glitches.

I do not play Erron Black, but he does not need nerfs at all, in my opinion. I have seen some scary players using Erron, his rush down is a hand full but not broken at all after the "day 1" patch. Nerfing him in any way would define a knee jerk reaction.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
God why can't we just leave this fucking game alone for at least a month!? Its the same story over and over with "OMG PLZ NRS BUFF/NERF THIS CHARACTER!"
Its happened in MK9, Injustice, and now sadly the bitching has already started in MKX. Fucking really? Is this how people deal with real life problems too? (Rhetorical, most of those bitching probably do try to go whine to some higher up figure).
This is exactly how things that actually aren't that hard to deal with but easy to execute get nerfed to hell while other things that are far less explored and hard to execute fly under the radar until OOPS, we ran out of patches.
GGS bitching about the wrong characters again because everyone thinks they have the game 100% figured out less than two weeks from its release.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Which is ironic because full auto Jacqui is an awful matchup for Kitana. Like, horrible.

I don't want jacqui nerfed, but I would like a slight Kitana buff. Maybe make the second hit of f22 an overhead? Please? NRS?
if all they are doing is spamming the gun, duck the shots and use your projectile reflect.

Making the second hit of F22 an overhead would do nothing.

E

Eldriken

if all they are doing is spamming the gun, duck the shots and use your projectile reflect.

Making the second hit of F22 an overhead would do nothing.
I wouldn't mind them using the projectile reflect at all. I could run in and get a full combo if they extend it too long.

But I know that wouldn't work every single time once they were conditioned to expect it, however.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
The unreasonable normalizations have already begun. Liu Kang's EX bicycle kick was +16 on block. It is 0 now.
So that was their solution to the block semi-infinite? They could have left it positive at least.

Sorry in advance aboout what's going to happen to Sub-zero and Jacqui.

I feel for ya.