What's new

PowerUp 2011 - Cincinnati, OH - April 29 - May 1 (very first MK9 tourney; UMK3 too!)

I know, I know sorry... sorry..

I'm definitely down for the team, One person I KNOW will be good to as an option on the team Is TRKT. I dunno if you've ever met him but he's around AL a lot as well and plays UMK on the same level as me. Me and him started in the fighting game scene around the same time. *Edit* TRKT said he's down for the team if you guys need people.

So what's the team looking like?

Me ? Derrick? TRKT?(If it's cool) and who else? Have you asked Nick?Moses?Ghaleon?

I dunno who all will be playing mortal kombat but let's see what happens.
If Nick (McLovin for those who don't know him IRL) is playing MK9 he is definitely a top choice. He's one of the best UMK players in the Midwest, he will be good if he decides to devote time to it.

I believe Chris is going, he will be a choice as well. Derrick is high on the list along with you. If we have too many from Cincy we will let you guys play for it when the game comes out, or like I said, we may do multiple teams.

Team NY is sounding like the closest to a done deal so far if they are all down for it. Since now it sounds like Dan, Riu, AC, and Reo are all confirmed.

I have one more player to add to your team if you guys don't have another. Can't announce it until I confirm but I'll talk to you guys in SB.

@Tim, I'll be online tonight, talk to me about the other team idea you had.

@Shogun, where are you from so we can see where you would fit?

^_^ well it's the least I could do. I'm very happy you guys are in acceptance of my gift. Hopefully there's more in store soon...

...lol suckers!!! little do those guys know, I am gonna rape the crap outa this tournament AND WIN!!! So the stick goes to 2nd place anyways. And 1st place gets the shaft. Who's the sucker now?

=/

Wait...WHAT!!!

:(

DanCock

Cock Master!!
ok all signed up for mk9 and umk3.. also registered..

whats the whole avatar pack thing about? and how do we set up the avatar we want to be used??

DanCock

Cock Master!!
The avatar pack has tons of avatars from every character in probably every game that will be at PU2011. Someone put a lot of work into that.
right but is it something we wear? do I let some one know I want this certain avatar to rep me or do I print it out myself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
@Dan: The avatar pack is full of PNG files that you can upload to most forums that allow for custom avatars. For example, I change my avatar over on SRK on a weekly basis to some other image file from the avatar pack. I swore I was done making them, but after all the leaked images of MK9 versus portraits, I'm going back in to round out the MK9 section of this year's avatar pack.

They're not all winners, design-wise, and I made an adjustment to the text halfway through, but next year's design will be even better.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
@Dan: The avatar pack is full of PNG files that you can upload to most forums that allow for custom avatars. For example, I change my avatar over on SRK on a weekly basis to some other image file from the avatar pack. I swore I was done making them, but after all the leaked images of MK9 versus portraits, I'm going back in to round out the MK9 section of this year's avatar pack.

They're not all winners, design-wise, and I made an adjustment to the text halfway through, but next year's design will be even better.
oh I see. kinda like advertising power up in our avatars. kk kool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EnterTheGecko

RS 3+4, +4 bitches!
Hey Dan. I got your pm. I guess my lazy ass needs to get over here more often. Looking forward to some mad hype at this month's end.

i was thinking about driving to the tourney but we are talking about a 12 hours drive which is a very long time
and it can be kind of dengerous as specially when coming back home because i know i wont sleepy much that
weekend :) so i think the best would be to fly there and i wanted to know if there is anyone who can pick me
up from the airport i will really appreciate

DanCock

Cock Master!!
looks like i just missed the discounted rates by one day, i didnt see that it had to be done by the first...

anyway i just reserved the Executive King w/Microwave & Fridge room. i got it for friday the 29 and the 30th.. $158 not including tax..

it rooms 4 so it could probably fit 8..

who ever wants to crash in the room is free to stay.. if you can chip in that would be great cause im poor but its not needed if you cant..

Osirun extended the special rates to April 6th you may wanna call back and ask about that.

I am reserving my room tonight, I know Tim, Bone, me, my friend Dan (going to be filming sat/sun) and possibly reo (don't remember who he is rooming with) are all in this room.

If I forgot anyone let me know.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Anyone up for tweeting via TYM's account at PU? Twitpics, etc? Please. :)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I was already planning on giving updates. You can either RT mine or if you want I'll login to the TYM one.

Just pm me details.
Yeah, I'll just give you the info because I'm not sure how much time I'll have to check my phone/RT you. I'll be at a horror convention.

Thanks, Lucky. :)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
You could both tweet via TYM's account then - double coverage. :)

Actually, if Lucky uses TYM's and Tim, you RT him and he RT's you... even better. :)

JagoMIH

Noob
hey...i have a lil money that i could use for a bus or plane ticket...ive got like a hundred couple bucks...

who here is going that lives in north carolina...or lives the closest to north carolina? i would like to work out some travel plans please talk to me as soon as possible please

DanCock

Cock Master!!
hey...i have a lil money that i could use for a bus or plane ticket...ive got like a hundred couple bucks...

who here is going that lives in north carolina...or lives the closest to north carolina? i would like to work out some travel plans please talk to me as soon as possible please
not sure if any one from north carolina is going.. but check for grey hound prices to Cincinnati

Ok everyone, here are the official rules and format for the

PowerUp 2011 MK9 Team Battle (5v5)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teams:

Team Ohio

- Derrick Legend
- McLovin
- Columbus Rep
- Cincinnati Rep
- Cleveland Rep

Team All-Stars

*Roster Announcement coming soon on this team*

Team TestYourMight.com

- REO
- KrayzieBone
- THTB
- DanCock
- Tim Static

Team PowerUp

*Made up of players chosen at PowerUp, based on their performance in the singles MK9 event

Team Wildcard

-DigimonEmperor
-TBA
-TBA
-TBA
-TBA

--------------------------------------------------------

Rules:

Teams will play each other team round robin style, scoring a point for each win against an opposing team. Team order must be set before each round robin match.

Matches in round robin will use the Powerup 2011 MK9 rules and be 2/3

- Both teams set orders (submit to TO or verbally tell other team)
- Team A's player 1 vs. Team B player 1
- Team A's player 2 vs. Team B player 2
- Team A's player 3 vs. Team B player 3
- Team A's player 4 vs. Team B player 4
- Team A's player 5 vs. Team B player 5
- Team with the most wins scores the point

After the round robin has finished, the two teams with the most wins will advance to the final.

In the event of a tie, the tied team's head to head result will determine who advances.

The final will be the same format as the round robin stage, but will use 3/5 in each match.

*Any comments or suggestions on rules, give them now. We will lock rules and teams a week before the event.*

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
So all the teams will play against each other with results on a round robin scorecard, but each individual match between teams is not a pure round robin. Correct? Sounds good to me. Will be similar to the SSFIV exhibition, but Super will only have IL vs MI.

What is that format of Player A vs Player A, BvB and so on, called?

So all the teams will play against each other with results on a round robin scorecard, but each individual match between teams is not a pure round robin. Correct? Sounds good to me. Will be similar to the SSFIV exhibition, but Super will only have IL vs MI.

What is that format of Player A vs Player A, BvB and so on, called?
I don't remember what the format is called, it's on the tip of my tongue but couldn't remember when I was typing.

And yes, I considered the idea of doing round robin between everyone, but that's a TON to get done in one night. It would be like having another singles tourney. Each person would be playing 24 matches, so it would be like 600 to keep track of, lol.

This way, we have an element of strategy in setting up team order before each match, as well as being able to let everyone contribute (no OCV like SBO style would be).

Noob
I don't remember what the format is called, it's on the tip of my tongue but couldn't remember when I was typing.

And yes, I considered the idea of doing round robin between everyone, but that's a TON to get done in one night. It would be like having another singles tourney. Each person would be playing 24 matches, so it would be like 600 to keep track of, lol.

This way, we have an element of strategy in setting up team order before each match, as well as being able to let everyone contribute (no OCV like SBO style would be).

In a way, its almost set up like a billiards team match.

Noob
Yeah, a bunch of different events and sports use the format, but I just can't remember what it's called officially.
The biggest difference is that in a billiards match, they don't set the team's order beforehand. They can choose to send their worst player against the other team's best player in hopes of scoring at least one point. That's completely based on handicap though, and that would be impossible to do considering how new the game will be by PU.