What's new

PowerUp 2011 - Cincinnati, OH - April 29 - May 1 (very first MK9 tourney; UMK3 too!)

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
I was going to wait a bit longer, but I'd like to announce that we will still be accepting emergency registration at the venue. Mandatory pre-registration doesn't seem to be a very good motivator, and I'd rather not leave people out in the cold.

Prices are the same as they were: $30 for Venue Pass in person, $15 for Spectator Pass in person.

You will only have until 30 minutes before the start of a tournament to register for that tournament. Remember to take a look at the Final Schedule now posted at the bottom of the Event Details page. In person spectators may pay at any time during the event.

I would also like to mention a specific point to anyone who has ordered but not paid for their venue pass online. If you wait until you get to the venue to pay for your venue pass I will not honor the $20 rate; that rate is only for people who complete their order online before April 21st. You will know if you're payment has gone through because your handle/nickname will appear on the Pre-Registration Listing.

So I hope that spurs some people to pre-register and see their orders through to completion. I hope it also quells the fears of anyone who may have thought they would have to miss the event because at-the-door registration would be unavailable.

Remember that we want to put on a good show for all of you, and the biggest part of that is making sure your bracket's run smoothly and are seeded well. Pre-register now if you share that goal. Thanks : )

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Osirun ~ just incase there is any confusion i just purchased another mk9 entry, this is for THTB im just making sure i typed that in as his player name.

i just cancelled my hotel reservations, but this is because forum member michaelangelo made reservations for thursday-sunday night. so im chipping in with him and if anyone else wants to as well just contact myself or him. its a 2 bed room..

we'll have 2 PS3s and 2 tvs and 2 MK9's for sure

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
@Dan: Should be all good; thanks for the heads up. Tim is also bringing his PS3s for MK9. Any chance we'd be able to use yours for games other than MK9 if necessary, such as MvC3 and/or SSFIV? The discount on venue fee would be $5 per system.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
it shouldnt be a problem as long as you can guarantee none of my stuff thats being used gets lost or stolen..

cause at NEC some one stole my controller and my system crashed and i had to do a full system restore deleting everything saved on my ps3 drive :(

some one fucked with my shit when i wasnt looking so as long and i can get a 100% ok that my stuff will be watched then im kool with it..

Tim Static

Adminerator
@Dan: Should be all good; thanks for the heads up. Tim is also bringing his PS3s for MK9. Any chance we'd be able to use yours for games other than MK9 if necessary, such as MvC3 and/or SSFIV? The discount on venue fee would be $5 per system.
How many set ups will we have for MK9?

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
@Dan: We'll have over twenty staff members available over the weekend and all will be directed to keep an eye on all the setups, and I myself will keep track of where all the donated systems go. Those who are running brackets will have direct oversight of the setups they are using. I can give you a guarantee that if anyone tries to mess with your stuff, they will be stopped.

@Tim: We have 4 setups dedicated to MK9 in the current layout.

Anyone fucks with the Cock....answers to me.

-_-

LOL!!!

But yeah I personally will keep a keen eye on everything, I always do. So worry not friend. :)

Ohio team members will be qualifying next week, and I'll start announcing the All-Star team members next week as well.

so we still doing team TYM?? or are we choosing our own teams??

team tym is what again i forgot??
Yes the teams I posted in my post with the official rules ( about a page back) are the final teams. Team TYM is set.

I may make a new thread just for the event so everyone knows and to let everyone know.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
oh k kool. so it's really not a round robin. just 1 vs 1 but 5 players from each team.
we going to randomly pick from a hat who will be player 1,2,3,4,5 for each team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh k kool. so it's really not a round robin. just 1 vs 1 but 5 players from each team.
we going to randomly pick from a hat who will be player 1,2,3,4,5 for each team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's round robin in the team sense (every team will play every other team). But yeah more traditional in the individual matchups.

You can set your own team order before each match (so you can kind of suit it to who you are matching up with on the other team).

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
@Riu48: Did you fill in all the required field on the checkout page? Did you also agree to the store's terms and conditions at the bottom of all the fields? After doing those two things you should be able to click "Checkout" and be redirected to PayPal.

If all that doesn't work for you, you can also call Jesse Baker at Arcade Legacy and pre-register over the phone with your credit card. Or, you can send me a PayPal payment directly and note what you're paying for in the payment message.

@Riu48: Did you fill in all the required field on the checkout page? Did you also agree to the store's terms and conditions at the bottom of all the fields? After doing those two things you should be able to click "Checkout" and be redirected to PayPal.

If all that doesn't work for you, you can also call Jesse Baker at Arcade Legacy and pre-register over the phone with your credit card. Or, you can send me a PayPal payment directly and note what you're paying for in the payment message.
yea i did and after i click checkout it takes me to back to the same page and no to paypal it would be great if i can use paypal to sent you the payment man. . . just give me the account and i ll sent you the money thank you

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
@Riu: Okay, no problem. The address you need to send the payment to is: [email protected]

For those who're in the know; how will characters need to be unlocked in MK9? I can't seem to find that info anywhere.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
@Riu: Okay, no problem. The address you need to send the payment to is: [email protected]

For those who're in the know; how will characters need to be unlocked in MK9? I can't seem to find that info anywhere.
Most likely one of the guys can bring one of their systems with all accepted fighters unlocked.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Beat Story Mode to get the only 2 locked characters. Also, make sure Cyrax and Sektor have their alternate costumes, as they have differences in properties on some things and are essentially different characters, somewhat like how there's old and new characters in ST.

Everyone, I've created a special thread for our MK9 PowerUp event here

I want to get the exposure out to anyone who might not know about it, and answer any questions in there.

I will still be posting announcements and important info in this thread as well, but want more eyes to see it.

Speaking of announcements, the first All-Star member, Tom Brady, has been added to the team. More will be coming in the next few days.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
I know all the MK9 PowerUp Event players will also be pre-registering, right? : )

Tomorrow is the last day to pre-reg for PU2011!