What's new

General/Other - Kenshi **Possessed & Kenjutsu Guides in OP** Pig's Home for all Kenshi

You can get up to 65-70% w 3 bars compared to 43% w 2 bar combo. If you're down to a pixel in Grand finals of a tournament against a top player/ character and u hit a combo end in reset then immediately do 31 ex df1 b1 bf3 crowd goes ape shit and u just won on a pixel w a guarenteed reset 50/50 w a 70% combo
This is probably my main justification for using it. To either mindfuck the opponent or to deal damage when they're low on health to guarantee a kill. But I don't see it as his main game plan to win. Just another excellent tool to utilize.

I see his main game plan as controlling the space with good zoning options and footsies.

Zachbram

PSN(EU): zachbramerz
Hey guys, this zoning people keep mentioning, yeah I know - beginner, when talking about Kenshi - does that mean his reflectability with the sword?

Has anyone else been using f+2xxHCF+1+2+3?

On block you'll get f+2xxbf2 which is safe at most distances, and on hit you'll get f+2xxEX df1 which grants you a nice combo. Works extremely well after ending a combo with db4 as you're in perfect distance for the f2 to connect on the opponent.

8cto

Blake Griffin's Chariot
I've now experimented with all of them and I really like Kenjutsu the best.

Balanced seems like a one trick pony to me, everytime I switch over I miss the insane 50/50s from Kenjutsu.

Hey guys, this zoning people keep mentioning, yeah I know - beginner, when talking about Kenshi - does that mean his reflectability with the sword?
That is a strong part of his zone toolset, the others being his ranged specials in all variations (Kenjutsu has to be my favorite with the grab and push, but they all are really strong).

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Why does the second hit of EXBF2 wiff on a jumping opponent in possessed?

If I wake up with BF2 and ex it, the first hit they jump over but then the second hit goes right through them.

Same thing if they are jumping in and I hit them with the first hit and it knocks them in the air and the second hit wiffs.

Doesn't make any sense. Is this supossed to happen or what?

Darko82

Noob
Why does the second hit of EXBF2 wiff on a jumping opponent in possessed?

If I wake up with BF2 and ex it, the first hit they jump over but then the second hit goes right through them.

Same thing if they are jumping in and I hit them with the first hit and it knocks them in the air and the second hit wiffs.

Doesn't make any sense. Is this supossed to happen or what?
In your first statement do you mean that the first hit whiffs and the second hit still comes out?

I went into training and I could replicate the second hit whiff if they were hit at the highest neutral jump height. So, it looks like the first hit knocks them up enough that the hitbox of the 2nd hit can miss.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
In your first statement do you mean that the first hit whiffs and the second till comes out?

I went into training and I could replicate the second hit whiff if they were hit at the highest neutral jump height. So, it looks like the first hit knocks them up enough that the hitbox of the 2nd hit can miss.

Its hard for me to explain lol.

1. If I do an exBF2 and the other player jumps over the first hit or neutral jumps the second hit will wiff.

2. If I do exBf2 and the first hit connects while the opponent is jumping tthe second hit will wiff.

I'll try to make a video tonight and post it.

Darko82

Noob
Its hard for me to explain lol.

1. If I do an exBF2 and the other player jumps over the first hit or neutral jumps the second hit will wiff.

2. If I do exBf2 and the first hit connects while the opponent is jumping tthe second hit will wiff.

I'll try to make a video tonight and post it.
The only thing not clear to me is the first statement.

In both examples you just presented are they being hit by the 1st hit of the move both times?

On block you'll get f+2xxbf2 which is safe at most distances, and on hit you'll get f+2xxEX df1 which grants you a nice combo. Works extremely well after ending a combo with db4 as you're in perfect distance for the f2 to connect on the opponent.

Ah, so it looks like it works off of f2. I never tested that move.

Exactly what I'm looking for. This is sick, thanks Baraa01. I've been trying with Balanced and came up with nothing, but this is more important for Kenjutsu since it's more mixup oriented than Balanced.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

This is very very clever

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Ah, so it looks like it works off of f2. I never tested that move.

I'm at work and not at home but can anyone test possessed w b1 df4/db4 if df4 comes out on block and db on hit then life could be good

Also b3 df4/db4 w the 123

Are you asking what the term zoning means? Using your moves to control space and deny movement options to your opponent is known as zoning.

RedCat

Noob
Is there any way to get more than 40% midscreen for 1 bar combo (Balanced)? I've spent a lot of time in training but I cannot get more that 40 with one bar on midscreen.
The easy way to get 40%:
JIP, f+3,2~RK, run, f+3,2~exRK,TF.
It is pretty hard to land TF in the end of this combo, but everything else is easy.

I found a midscreen Kenjutsu bnb: 421~db1, d1, 43~db1(or special of choice) 30% no meter.
I also found that you can connect run 4 after ex df1 but so far I haven't found a reason to use it as it's much harder to land than a simple b1 and you still get the same amount of damage or 1% more.

Last edited:

Zachbram

PSN(EU): zachbramerz
That is a strong part of his zone toolset, the others being his ranged specials in all variations (Kenjutsu has to be my favorite with the grab and push, but they all are really strong).
Yeah, ok! Just looked if so I didnt miss anything really. But damn Why is it so hard linking the b3+EX db1. Im on the second bigcombo - after clearing first of pigs B1+DB1+D1+EX DB4 and so on. But that b3+ex DB1 never works really - where should I connect them?