What's new

General/Other - Kenshi **Possessed & Kenjutsu Guides in OP** Pig's Home for all Kenshi

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I feel like I'm the only kenshi player that is focusing on balanced XD oh well I will keep posting my findings here, like my day one 55% xray combo that is easy as fuck XD f32, run (or if you are in the corner you don't have to run) f32, Xray. It is stupidly easy and I have come back from many matches with that

MrProfDrPepper

Anyone got any good mixups for Balanced? He's got a decent low starter with b3, but his only standalone overhead is db4 which is pretty slow. He's got some strings where the last hit is an overhead, but without a low hitting special there's no way to make it a real mixup. So like..... how do you hit people with this variation. I've just been throwing everyone lmao
Balanced has no mix ups :( but he has excellent zoning and decent pressure, and will destroy your day in the corner if you know how to use him to corner trap people

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I feel like I'm the only kenshi player that is focusing on balanced XD oh well I will keep posting my findings here, like my day one 55% xray combo that is easy as fuck XD f32, run (or if you are in the corner you don't have to run) f32, Xray. It is stupidly easy and I have come back from many matches with that
I'm finding balanced could be best overall

Possessed is Variation based it seems

Kenjutsu is overall really good

But balanced seems most efficient

Pig Of The Hut

one of my previous posts here i posted some tech for balanced corner, where you can punish people for trying to get out
@MK Peanuts
I'm finding balanced to be about
-combos require no meter for dmg
-hella defensive stance
-only needs meter for interrupts and ex frame traps
-d4 rk cannot be punished by anyone but ex spin from Lao and is a great counter poke after blocking others d1/d3/d4 that sets up frame trap launcher
-f2 ex sc pushes back almost mid screen
-b3 OH slash is good
-nice to have reflect
- punishes Cassie cartwheel Lao spin and reptile dash 39% 1 meter 32 no meter

MrProfDrPepper

I'm finding balanced could be best overall

Possessed is Variation based it seems

Kenjutsu is overall really good

But balanced seems most efficient
I am okay with this, considering how out of the 3 variations i am liking balanced the most, and i am loving the stuff kenshi can do in the corner with balanced, on top of kenshis zoning in balanced being as amazing as always

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
@Pig Of The Hut
In Possessed, would you deviate from using D4-BF2 and use other specials in the footsie range? Or stick with BF2 in that variation, since RK is not the same as the Balanced version.
I'm probably asking a dumb question, but wanted to get your thoughts.
My ideas were:
D4-close falling Demon
D4- overhead teleport, into a follow up

@Pig Of The Hut
In Possessed, would you deviate from using D4-BF2 and use other specials in the footsie range? Or stick with BF2 in that variation, since RK is not the same as the Balanced version.
My ideas were:
D4-close falling Demon
Definitely d4~df4. Safe on block, best chip damage, knockdown on hit giving free oki just for poking somebody, as soon as they respect the overhead you have options

d4 tele is reeeeeeally questionable. Great online where people can't react, great because it's week 1 and people aren't reacting yet but.... I dunno that that's viable unless you're doing it off super high cancel adv strings like 22, or 22, or perhaps 22. :p

Darko82

Noob
Definitely d4~df4. Safe on block, best chip damage, knockdown on hit giving free oki just for poking somebody, as soon as they respect the overhead you have options

d4 tele is reeeeeeally questionable. Great online where people can't react, great because it's week 1 and people aren't reacting yet but.... I dunno that that's viable unless you're doing it off super high cancel adv strings like 22, or 22, or perhaps 22. :p
On Hit, D4 tele is more advantaged than 22. I tested it with Cassie and I could do ex flip kick but the timing is really tight. You pretty much have to back dash or block.

On Hit, D4 tele is more advantaged than 22. I tested it with Cassie and I could do ex flip kick but the timing is really tight. You pretty much have to back dash or block.
Tight is still possible, and teleport's got a big telegraph. You're probably not going to get punished for it, true, and it's fine to do that as long as you recognize the risks and are willing to accept the blowup vs. good players. Only problem is that ppl are always blocking low vs kenshi in possessed, it's really hard to just straight up throw out an OH with how slow it is at 18f. Hard to make the d4 actually hit somebody in neutral instead of being blocked, whereas 22 on block gives something like 40+ frames of cancel advantage on block iirc which means it's consistent and not reliant on a hit vs. miss which you can't react to anwyays

Pig Of The Hut

@Pig Of The Hut
My ideas were:
D4-close falling Demon
@FrothyOmen
d4 on hit cancelled to tele is free nj2/nj4 they have to block

i like d4 df4 and d4 bf2

d4 rk is a bunch of whateva

Zachbram

PSN(EU): zachbramerz
How long does it take for you veterans to be able to pull of a string? It took me almost 5 hours to get the big 37% string that pig sent out haha... this is my first fightinggame so I guess it takes time and alot of practice - and hopefully it does get easier!

Darko82

Noob
Tight is still possible, and teleport's got a big telegraph. You're probably not going to get punished for it, true, and it's fine to do that as long as you recognize the risks and are willing to accept the blowup vs. good players. Only problem is that ppl are always blocking low vs kenshi in possessed, it's really hard to just straight up throw out an OH with how slow it is at 18f. Hard to make the d4 actually hit somebody in neutral instead of being blocked, whereas 22 on block gives something like 40+ frames of cancel advantage on block iirc which means it's consistent and not reliant on a hit vs. miss which you can't react to anwyays
I agree, it is just a part of the mixup that possessed variation has. Also, you cannot cancel 22 on block.

Pig Of The Hut

How long does it take for you veterans to be able to pull of a string? It took me almost 5 hours to get the big 37% string that pig sent out haha... this is my first fightinggame so I guess it takes time and alot of practice - and hopefully it does get easier!
itll always get easier w practice and time

to keep it real if i went to a First Person Shooter competitive site id get my back blown out for months

Not saying thatll happen to you but just ask questions as you go along and we'll help as much as we can

Yoaks

A spaceman
I'm liking Balanced a lot more then I thought I would. His TF is faster and I'm catching ppl running. We're in Possessed players can run past AND jump "Johnny Plague" whenever I do TF or Slam in this variation. With Balance using meter for SC pressure/armoring out is awesome and the meter less damage is good too.

Now all we need is Kenshi mood choosers!:D

So regarding Kenshi's vortex in Kenjutsu, what is the actual point of using it? A standard midscreen BnB with 1 meter nets you 35-37% depending on which ender you use. The vortex caps off at around 24% then a 50/50 into either 12-30% depending on whether or not you use meter...but I'm not seeing the real point of it. Why risk guaranteed damage for a 50/50 with minimal damage output? It's not like he builds a ton of meter too which will make the vortex only used sparingly throughout matches without guaranteed damage. I'm just not feeling it, might try out Balanced.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
So regarding Kenshi's vortex in Kenjutsu, what is the actual point of using it? A standard midscreen BnB with 1 meter nets you 35-37% depending on which ender you use. The vortex caps off at around 24% then a 50/50 into either 12-30% depending on whether or not you use meter...but I'm not seeing the real point of it. Why risk guaranteed damage for a 50/50 with minimal damage output? It's not like he builds a ton of meter too which will make the vortex only used sparingly throughout matches without guaranteed damage. I'm just not feeling it, might try out Balanced.
its an option if you want to use once you get a read on the opponent. so less risk :)

Pig Of The Hut

You can get up to 65-70% w 3 bars compared to 43% w 2 bar combo. If you're down to a pixel in Grand finals of a tournament against a top player/ character and u hit a combo end in reset then immediately do 31 ex df1 b1 bf3 crowd goes ape shit and u just won on a pixel w a guarenteed reset 50/50 w a 70% combo