What's new

General/Other - Kenshi **Possessed & Kenjutsu Guides in OP** Pig's Home for all Kenshi

8cto

Blake Griffin's Chariot
NRS can we have lightsaber-esque skin? :)

Just started Kenshi today and I already feel like a Jedi master playing Kenjutsu.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot

This Will be the place where I post all videos, tech, combos and discussions about everything related to Kenshi. I will reserve the next 3-4 posts to have a home for all Kenshi related stuff. Ill make sure to keep this thread updated daily when the game comes out and here we will grow our Kenshi community and regain dominance once again. We welcome all.

Also Im calling for all Kenshi players to grow the beard or pray he has an alt.

#FearTheBeard

Who's Next?

Inb4 He was never allowed to live :) + Shout out to megapixels

Kenjutsu Guide 1.0
Processing on youtube now
You look like that dude from American Pie 1-3. I can't remember his name, but it was the dude who was trying to bang out the choir chick with the big forehead.

Last edited:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
You look like that dude from American Pie 1-3. I can't remember his name, but it was the dude who was trying to bang out the choir chick with the big forehead.
That would be Chris Klein, good sir.

Oh, the nostalgia...

#SuckMeBeautiful
#IfOnlyWeHadHashtagsBackThen
#HowsThePaleAle

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
can't believe d2 is fastest move kenshi has.. with that range. I thought I finally picked a kinda cheap character.

btw. 421 confirm to demon slam EX (not close) doesn't hit on female characters (I've tested with kitana and cassie). have to make it close demon slam.
probably doesn't matter to those doing this close version from the start but just throwing it out there to those who aren't.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I m thinking of learning Kenshi as well. Will go for kenjutsu and then possessed (sooo flashy). He seems solid, especially kenjutsu var.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
@Pig Of The Hut if you haven't already found it here is a balanced corner combo: f3 2 RK, NJpunch f3 2 EXRK, 22, telefury (ex telefury if you want 46%) that is 44%, jump in punch doesn't add any damage to the combo

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
Out of the three variations, i think i've had the most success with balanced. i've just gotten into kenjutsu, and possessed isnt all that great to me. big combos, but he's too much risk-reward for me. if anyone has any good tricks with kenjutsu that i should know in addition to the video Pig uploaded that would be greatly appreciated!

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Not sure if anyone has posted a more "worthwhile" possessed corner kombo, but the best i've found are:

f32 xx EX db4 (close) nj2 j3 1 f32 xx bf3 = 40% 1 bar
f32 xx EX db4 (close) f32 xx EX db4 (close) nj2 f32 xx bf3 = 48% 2 bars (kind of meh, use if needed for kill)

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Is Possessed just as good as the other two variations?

I'm most interested in it, but if it's not as good.. maybe Balanced. Kenjutsu isn't his best, right? :(

Can anyone suggest his best normals/strings on possessed?

Right now I like to start pressure:

F32
B32

Any others?

Immortal

Blind justice....
Is Possessed just as good as the other two variations?

I'm most interested in it, but if it's not as good.. maybe Balanced. Kenjutsu isn't his best, right? :(
There is no best.

Kenjutsu is great for mix-ups and pressure

Possessed is something in the middle, mind games with tele hitting overhead and demonic slash hitting low are pretty nice and overall combos dmg is godlike

Balanced is just easy combos / version. It's solid but really nothing to write home about.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
There is no best.

Kenjutsu is great for mix-ups and pressure

Possessed is something in the middle, mind games with tele hitting overhead and demonic slash hitting low are pretty nice and overall combos dmg is godlike

Balanced is just easy combos / version. It's solid but really nothing to write home about.
So Balanced is considered the worst so far?

Immortal

Blind justice....
So Balanced is considered the worst so far?
Like there is no best variation, there is no worst obviously.

Balanced is just easiest to pick up. It lacks some mix up game but have some dirty things on advanced level.

I personally like Possessed and Kenjutsu the most but Balanced by all means is still good / viable.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Like there is no best variation, there is no worst obviously.

Balanced is just easiest to pick up. It lacks some mix up game but have some dirty things on advanced level.

I personally like Possessed and Kenjutsu the most but Balanced by all means is still good / viable.
Alright, thanks.

Anyone got any good mixups for Balanced? He's got a decent low starter with b3, but his only standalone overhead is db4 which is pretty slow. He's got some strings where the last hit is an overhead, but without a low hitting special there's no way to make it a real mixup. So like..... how do you hit people with this variation. I've just been throwing everyone lmao

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Can anyone tell me how to deal with Possessed teleport spammers? Online d2 on reaction is pretty shitty
if fullscreen neutral jb/jf 1 to Kung jin dive kick. possesed only has option against you full screen if your touching the ground. assuming the connection is shitty and the kenshi won't be able to catch you with tracking special move when landing down.

if its within a block string; backdash.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
if fullscreen neutral jb/jf 1 to Kung jin dive kick. possesed only has option against you full screen if your touching the ground. assuming the connection is shitty and the kenshi won't be able to catch you with tracking special move when landing down.

if its within a block string; backdash.
No it's just random and I mean in general. I was playing Reptile that time and sometimes I'd dash so the tracking would mess up but I can't seem to punish it. Time to hit the lab again

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
@Pig Of The Hut I also found that with balanced in the corner you can hit confirm combo off of an EX Shoulder charge with B32, RK, F32, Shoulder charge. It totals to 32% not that much but it is useful if you can hit the tight link since it will punish the opponent for trying to attack you out of the corner or jump out of the corner

Last edited: