What's new

Guide - Hish-Qu-Ten Plasma Caster Cancel block advantage

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
nice shit man.... can you do one on hunter... id love to see the trap cancel and snag cancel adv

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Well for starters i was practicing 32 PCC and b22 PCC both into d1 just to check. And i didnt even trade with the armor
Well B22 xx PCC won't guarantee you anything because the advantage isn't significant enough. But 32 xx PCC into D1 is a true blockstring. I suggest practicing with D3 because it has the fastest start-up. So yea, I guess you'll have to do it faster.
ill do my best to help add to your post, nice work..... i think you will find like me. that most of the data is true, but some is false... and they kinda keep up with it, but on almost every patch there is flaws.

like right now Predators B3D2 is not [ 0 ] on block, more close to -24 on block, it can be severely punished.

as we all know the state of 0 is standing ready to do any move. like startup is when you through the punch, active is when that punch makes contact, and recovery is the draw back of that punch untill you are back in your fighting stance. neutral state is where you are capable of doing anything, blocking, poking, specials ect. thats what 0 means, and when you look at that string you will find it is far from 0 on block. considering it takes 1 frame on mkx for an opponent to unblock so they can throw a poke and so on. thats why only a 6 frame move can punish -7 poke on block
I already tested B3D4 I don't remember where I posted it but it's -19. When you see a move and see that it's 0 across the board, damage and stuff. It's obviously fishy so you'll have to do your own testing to find it out. Same thing for moves that have a close, med, far version but have different data in them. For example, Predator's Low Shots have different data like -1 and -22 but those are FALSE. It's -7 across all distances. Reptile, Takeda etc all have the same problem. That's why @Temjiin and @smokey mkxframedata.com project are working to provide a correct drame data sheet.
so is this the new hellfire scorp?
Hell no

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Appreciate the help and your time @Fraud Blank, im assuming you do thisbpretty damn consistent now.
Do your recommend doing PCC comboes or nah?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I already tested B3D4 I don't remember where I posted it but it's -19.
-19 on block... ... you calculated that from last low hit but its should be calculated right after you see opponent block before you... and yes its 20 frames all together give or take 1 or 2... but your opnent has 9 frame advantage on you.. right after where you calculated your opponent is block stuned for 11 frames but you stay in negative frames untill 9 frames after they go back to Neutral stance.

its so wierd why does it count down after last hit... instead of when opponents back to 0.
maybe its preds -18 recover on that move... who knows it just tripped me out.

here is where you normally start:predator marker for block adv.jpeg then 2nd frame block adv.jpeg ...3rd frame.jpeg ...4th frame.jpeg ...5th frame.jpeg ...6th frame.jpeg ...7th frame.jpeg ...8th frame.jpeg ....able to stand block 9th frame.jpeg ... and thats all of them.

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
what should my next step will be after i do lets say 32 plasma cancel ? to keep pressure ?
Just do whatever 'til they respect it and start armoring through. Then you go for the guaranteed stuff like '32 xx PCC, F12 xx PCC...', '32 xx PCC, F12 xx Low Shot', '32 xx PCC, D4 xx[gap] Low Shot'.

You can also not go for PCC once in a while and do '32 xx Low Shot', 3 xx[gap] Low Shot', '32 xx EX Scimitar Stab[unsafe]' . If you're super confident that Low Shot will hit, do EX for bigger damage[unsafe].

Low Shot is -7 btw, so watch out in the KL/Reptile/whoever else with fast punishers Match-Ups

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Guys, one fast question:

I am playing on a hitbox. Yet I can barely make 32-PC combo into another 32. I know that it DOES work, but it feels like a justframe input. Especially releasing the 3 just to press it again right afterwards is difficult. I wonder if this can be done reliably with more practise. How about you guys? Anyone able to pull it off constantly?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Guys, one fast question:

I am playing on a hitbox. Yet I can barely make 32-PC combo into another 32. I know that it DOES work, but it feels like a justframe input. Especially releasing the 3 just to press it again right afterwards is difficult. I wonder if this can be done reliably with more practise. How about you guys? Anyone able to pull it off constantly?
IMO it's a lot easier than the optimal 32 xx PCC into B311. A super easy node would be 32 zx PCC into 21 xx Special or 32 xx PCC into 212 for meterless damage

jokey77

Character Loyalist
So you can do it consistantly?

32/b31~PC and 21 (hitconfirm) 2 ist, what I am trying to do all the time. I'd love to be able to pull off 31/b31~PC combo'd into 32/b31~ex bf4 though. In theory this would be great. I just can't pull it off. Then again it remains a guaranteed blockstring, so it ain't that bad after all.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
So you can do it consistantly?

32/b31~PC and 21 (hitconfirm) 2 ist, what I am trying to do all the time. I'd love to be able to pull off 31/b31~PC combo'd into 32/b31~ex bf4 though. In theory this would be great. I just can't pull it off. Then again it remains a guaranteed blockstring, so it ain't that bad after all.
B3 and 3 aren't guaranteed blockstrings after 32 xx PCC. There's a 2f armorable gap before 3 and 4f gap before B3.

And I can semi-consistently do 32 xx PCC into 32 about 7/10 times offline. For Online (when LSoD temporarily doesn't happen to me), I wouldn't go for it.

When I hit-confirm 32 xx PCC on hit I just normally go for 212 for the meterless and on block I go for either F12 as a guaranteed blockstring or another 32 mix-up (32 xx Low Shot, 3 xx [gap] LowShot, 32 xx PCC again) as well as other mix-up options like B31 stuff.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
That makes sense! Even 122 should be considered as an option after 32~PC! This string again can be canceled into lowplasma, but on hit you have to let b go so you shoot a midscreen lowplasma shot. Else it will miss.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
That makes sense! Even 122 should be considered as an option after 32~PC! This string again can be canceled into lowplasma, but on hit you have to let b go so you shoot a midscreen lowplasma shot. Else it will miss.
If you have the meter it's best to just use it when doing 122

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I can't check right now, does ex-plasma launch if 122 hits AND if the second 2 is getting blocked?
I thought it wouldn't, I may very well be wrong on this one though!

ASMA

Noob
  • This is a work in progress and will edit when needed.
  • The strings highlighted in yellow are ones are the practical ones.
  • The reason I use ~ is because I have no way to precisely test the frame advantage. If someone has access to a 60fps recorder and test the exact frame data for the practical ones, post them and I'll make the necessary corrections.
  • EDIT: Included string series from standing 3
  • EDIT 2: I was able to acquire the exact block advantage of 32 xx PCC
  • EDIT 3: I was able to acquire the exact block advantage of F12 xx PCC
  • EDIT 3.1: Corrected 12 xx PCC block advantage
  • EDIT 4: Added D4 xx PCC (THIS IS FUCK AWFUL AND IS HARD TO DO MY HAND HURTS)(Next day update, well it's not awful. It's a way to make D4 safer at the cost of a stamina bar and arthritis)
  • B3 series:
B3 xx PCC ~ ~-1
B31 xx PCC - 0
B311 xx PCC - 0

• 1 series:
1 xx PCC - ~-2
12 xx PCC - +7
122 xx PCC - 0

• B2 series
B2 xx PCC - ~+1
B22 xx PCC - ~+1

• F1 series
F1 xx PCC - ~-1
F12 xx PCC - +8

• 2 series
2 xx PCC - ~-1
21 xx PCC - ~+2

• F2 series
F2 xx PCC - ~+5
F21 xx PCC - 0
F212 xx PCC - ~-1

• 3 series
3 xx PCC - ~-1
32 xx PCC - +10

• D4 series
D4 xx PCC- -7
Are you sure standing 4 cancel advantage is -1? I can get a F12 in after the cancel to create a blockstring it has to be at least +8. And 32 doesn't seem like it's +10 I can't get a follow up with getting a reversal.

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Are you sure standing 3 cancel advantage is -1? I can get a F12 in after the cancel to create a blockstring it has to be at least +8. And 32 doesn't seem like it's +10 I can't get a follow up with getting a reversal.
Either I got really rusty and can't do PCCs anymore or the frame data got changed. I can't do F12 xx PCC loops anymore and I can't get F12 after 32 xx PCC.

But doing jump testing still confirms that they're still +

Or maybe it's just fatigue. I'll test more some other day

ASMA

Noob
Either I got really rusty and can't do PCCs anymore or the frame data got changed. I can't do F12 xx PCC loops anymore and I can't get F12 after 32 xx PCC.

But doing jump testing still confirms that they're still +

Or maybe it's just fatigue. I'll test more some other day
Cool .. Do you have any videos showcasing these finds?

The Magician

According to my sources...
B311 low shot is a true blockstring, as well as standing 4~pc d3.

I found that 4~PC is around +8 on block as you can do a f1 right after without any fear of a reversal jab or special

edit: apparently 4~pc is +10 and you can get a 122~low shot for a total of 6.5% chip

Last edited: