What's new

Guide - Hish-Qu-Ten Plasma Caster Cancel block advantage

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
  • This is a work in progress and will edit when needed.
  • The strings highlighted in yellow are ones are the practical ones.
  • The reason I use ~ is because I have no way to precisely test the frame advantage. If someone has access to a 60fps recorder and test the exact frame data for the practical ones, post them and I'll make the necessary corrections.
  • EDIT: Included string series from standing 3
  • EDIT 2: I was able to acquire the exact block advantage of 32 xx PCC
  • EDIT 3: I was able to acquire the exact block advantage of F12 xx PCC
  • EDIT 3.1: Corrected 12 xx PCC block advantage
  • EDIT 4: Added D4 xx PCC (THIS IS FUCK AWFUL AND IS HARD TO DO MY HAND HURTS)(Next day update, well it's not awful. It's a way to make D4 safer at the cost of a stamina bar and arthritis)
  • EDIT 5: More corrections made and added 4 xx PCC
  • B3 series:
B3 xx PCC ~ ~-1
B31 xx PCC - 0
B311 xx PCC - 0

• 1 series:
1 xx PCC - ~-2
12 xx PCC - +9
122 xx PCC - 0

• B2 series
B2 xx PCC - ~+1
B22 xx PCC - ~+1

• F1 series
F1 xx PCC - ~-1
F12 xx PCC - ~+6

• 2 series
2 xx PCC - ~-1
21 xx PCC - ~+2

• F2 series
F2 xx PCC - ~+5
F21 xx PCC - 0
F212 xx PCC - ~-1

• 3 series
3 xx PCC - ~-1
32 xx PCC - +8

• D4 series
D4 xx PCC - ~-5

• 4 series
4 xx PCC - +12

Last edited:

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
32 xx PCC being +8 is really good since you can also use that string for a 50/50 mix-up.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Thank you very much for providing information for lazy people like me who would still not of got around to testing this weeks from now.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Considering NRS don't seem to like block advantage all that much judging by recent nerfs (scorpion, tanya, kung lao, d'vorah, etc), I assume there's a downside to this? Does it require a ton of stamina to cancel?

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Half bar per cancel and you cannot dash cancel (well you can but he doesn't move just cancels out the gun animation with recovery)

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Considering NRS don't seem to like block advantage all that much judging by recent nerfs (scorpion, tanya, kung lao, d'vorah, etc), I assume there's a downside to this? Does it require a ton of stamina to cancel?
It's pretty much like Takeda's and Tanya's cancels. Meaning it takes half a stamina bar. If let's say, you do 2 cancels in a single blockstring and manage to open the opponent up for a combo, well you don't get full combo because Predator needs stamina for his combos

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
This shit aint working out for me at all :/
Reptile slide always hits me and im doing it as fast as i can. :/

Also. Whats with that low laser? I have Reptile set to ALWAYS BLOCK and REVERSAL SLIPPERLY SLIDE, but he never does his move. I wonder if thats why people have been just sitting there and getting hit by the next move.
That a bug?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
This shit aint working out for me at all :/
Reptile slide always hits me and im doing it as fast as i can. :/

Also. Whats with that low laser? I have Reptile set to ALWAYS BLOCK and REVERSAL SLIPPERLY SLIDE, but he never does his move. I wonder if thats why people have been just sitting there and getting hit by the next move.
That a bug?
Same as Kung Lao's Low Hat Callback, it has too little blockstun for an opponent to have time to inlut the reversal if they block it just-frame. So basically they already have to be ducking in order to be able to do it.

Just set Reptile to duck

Reauxbot

Same as Kung Lao's Low Hat Callback, it has too little blockstun for an opponent to have time to inlut the reversal if they block it just-frame. So basically they already have to be ducking in order to be able to do it.

Just set Reptile to duck
Do i have to do the cancel extemely fast or something? I get hit every time man.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Do i have to do the cancel extemely fast or something? I get hit every time man.
What string/normal are you doing into the PCC. The frame data is there as I listed. If you do it well, it should act as expected. ie. if you so D4 xx PCC you'll get punished 'cause it's -7. If you do 32 xx PCC you can press a button 10f before your opponent

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
So I tested it and if done on the frame, f12 pcc into another f12 pcc into another f1 is totally inescapable. An "infinite" if you will. But of course you have no stamina after two cancels.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
So I tested it and if done on the frame, f12 pcc into another f12 pcc into another f1 is totally inescapable. An "infinite" if you will. But of course you have no stamina after two cancels.
You know what's weird? F8 was the normal that I used to determine that F12 xx PCC is +8 and this thought never crossed my mind lol. But stamina-less Predator loses a lot of damage and the chip is not too significant

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
You know what's weird? F8 was the normal that I used to determine that F12 xx PCC is +8 and this thought never crossed my mind lol. But stamina-less Predator loses a lot of damage and the chip is not too significant
Yay. I'm mayo. The guy who discovered the shittiest block infinite ever. Woot

But hey, you still get 37% no run with 122ss, njp, 4 ss

Reauxbot

What string/normal are you doing into the PCC. The frame data is there as I listed. If you do it well, it should act as expected. ie. if you so D4 xx PCC you'll get punished 'cause it's -7. If you do 32 xx PCC you can press a button 10f before your opponent
Well for starters i was practicing 32 PCC and b22 PCC both into d1 just to check. And i didnt even trade with the armor

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
  • This is a work in progress and will edit when needed.
  • The strings highlighted in yellow are ones are the practical ones.
  • The reason I use ~ is because I have no way to precisely test the frame advantage. If someone has access to a 60fps recorder and test the exact frame data for the practical ones, post them and I'll make the necessary corrections.
  • EDIT: Included string series from standing 3
  • EDIT 2: I was able to acquire the exact block advantage of 32 xx PCC
  • EDIT 3: I was able to acquire the exact block advantage of F12 xx PCC
  • EDIT 3.1: Corrected 12 xx PCC block advantage
  • EDIT 4: Added D4 xx PCC (THIS IS FUCK AWFUL AND IS HARD TO DO MY HAND HURTS)(Next day update, well it's not awful. It's a way to make D4 safer at the cost of a stamina bar and arthritis)
  • B3 series:
B3 xx PCC ~ ~-1
B31 xx PCC - 0
B311 xx PCC - 0

• 1 series:
1 xx PCC - ~-2
12 xx PCC - +7
122 xx PCC - 0

• B2 series
B2 xx PCC - ~+1
B22 xx PCC - ~+1

• F1 series
F1 xx PCC - ~-1
F12 xx PCC - +8

• 2 series
2 xx PCC - ~-1
21 xx PCC - ~+2

• F2 series
F2 xx PCC - ~+5
F21 xx PCC - 0
F212 xx PCC - ~-1

• 3 series
3 xx PCC - ~-1
32 xx PCC - +10

• D4 series
D4 xx PCC- -7
ill do my best to help add to your post, nice work..... i think you will find like me. that most of the data is true, but some is false... and they kinda keep up with it, but on almost every patch there is flaws.

like right now Predators B3D2 is not [ 0 ] on block, more close to -19on block, it can be severely punished.

as we all know the state of 0 is standing ready to do any move. like startup is when you through the punch, active is when that punch makes contact, and recovery is the draw back of that punch untill you are back in your fighting stance. neutral state is where you are capable of doing anything, blocking, poking, specials ect. thats what 0 means, and when you look at that string you will find it is far from 0 on block. considering it takes 1 frame on mkx for an opponent to unblock so they can throw a poke and so on. thats why only a 6 frame move can punish -7 poke on block

Last edited: