What's new

Patch Notes Stream 8-31-2015 (Updated w/ Stream Youtube Link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trufenix

bye felicia
Yep, I said it. And also Pig thinks it's his worst variation and that will become very weak when the game progresses, check his balanced guide.
I love pig as much as the next guy, but I put ZERO faith in "as the game progresses" predictions. Need I remind you Pig is also the one who said Kenshi would become a top 5 character as the game progresses? Or that pig is the one who said Kitana was still bottom 2?

TYMs "pillars" have been consistently wrong about this game and its meta since fucking release.

Bad Genez

Green
It's so crazy how everone wanted Shinnok to be buff. Now all you hearing is nerf.
Because he NEEDED buffs. When your character's literal only overhead is a fucking neutral jump, something's up.

NRS just has no idea how to balance anything. Someone was probably sitting in their office one day and went,

"Hey, 8 sounds like a good number, right guys? Let's just make the laser +8, that's cool right?!"

That, or they broke him for lulz and just wanted to lose all credibility for their tournament fanbase.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like when NRS comes out with balance changes they don't nerf/buff tools specific to matchups?

I feel more often than not the changes they make affect matchups as a whole but don't address character weakness. They'll tone something down because it's universally too strong or give a character a new tool that doesn't address matchup specific issues.
Now don't get me wrong, characters should have weaknesses based on their archetype but in the Yomi MU chart I counted 24 7-3' matchups. IMO that seems a little high.

I'm open to hear what everyone else thinks.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like when NRS comes out with balance changes they don't nerf/buff tools specific to matchups?

I feel more often than not the changes they make affect matchups as a whole but don't address character weakness. They'll tone something down because it's universally too strong or give a character a new tool that doesn't address matchup specific issues.
Now don't get me wrong, characters should have weaknesses based on their archetype but in the Yomi MU chart I counted 24 7-3' matchups. IMO that seems a little high.

I'm open to hear what everyone else thinks.
If there was only 24 '7-3' MUs then that's absolutely fanastic. For MK9 the bottom 5 characters probably had a combined total of 50 '7-3' MUs.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Granted that's a nice improvement but this is NRS's third recent installment into a tourney fighter. Is that really acceptable?

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
^^^^I play Shinnok also and was happy with the buffs. Especially the overhead kick. The +8 laser Im not sure about. +3 sound better so they want a reset game with bone shaper.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I love pig as much as the next guy, but I put ZERO faith in "as the game progresses" predictions. Need I remind you Pig is also the one who said Kenshi would become a top 5 character as the game progresses? Or that pig is the one who said Kitana was still bottom 2?

TYMs "pillars" have been consistently wrong about this game and its meta since fucking release.
Well, we don't need to talk about the future. Right now Balanced is without doubt the weakest of the three variations, and I think a little bit of help for it would be very good.

And a help to defensive characters in general. I tend to pick rushdown characters (Cage is my main) but now that I'm exploring some defensive ones I see how bad zoning is in this game. Mkx is full of 50/50s and pressure oriented characters. Wouldn't be bad to give a zoner the ability to actually zone without assuming huge risks xD

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
well actually i have just watched 1 stream and turned it off after 3 minutes. Of course i won´t watch this.

It´s just like Capcom´s character trailers for each f*ing character. There is also no reason to do this. i started hating the company for this...

Also no hate to NRS for patching, this game still needs patches to become a good game. Most important -> Hitbox fixxes
Character trailers get people excited for the game.

Do you really think it's JUST going to be a stream about patch notes and NOTHING else?

It's not stupid, it's hella brilliant marketing.

You are familiar with the concept of marketing, right?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
it´s not that im crying, i just said it´s useless and i don´t like it. All this teases are just stupid aswell.

Maybe you´re right. Patch Notes would be enough anyways. I rather read 10 minutes instead of watching a stream for 5 hours
The stream is typically an hour long, not five.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Sweet! Can't wait for the stream, they're so much fun to watch. Can't wait to see what the new news is! Fujin please!! :D

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Character trailers get people excited for the game.

Do you really think it's JUST going to be a stream about patch notes and NOTHING else?

It's not stupid, it's hella brilliant marketing.

You are familiar with the concept of marketing, right?
yea of course it is. That´s the reason i hate it lol

I sincerely hope that the over powered offense in this game is toned down. If things like Lui Kang's Dragon Fire block infinite fly under the radar you will have a Bane/MMH/Aquaman/almost Kabal situation all over again. Give players the tools to get their turns back. Take every move in the game more than +6 or 7 and bring it back to a sane advantage...

The pressure in MKX is like nothing I have ever seen before. It takes depth away from the game and only rewards two styles of play which is rush down and vortex.

I am eagerly awaiting the Monday patch notes. Are we to assume the patch will be live on Tuesday?

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
I hope they buff command grabs in some way to actually make relentless Jason good. Cause man. I wanna play him sooo bad but those command grabs just fucking miss everything in every situation. And I want to really tick throw off something... I hope... I hope...

They better buff Jacqui for real this time...
I have already moved on from MKX, and if they don't buff her to at least be viable than I'm trading the game in because I can't enjoy this game without playing my girl...I just can't
That's BS on the HIGHEST level there, buddy. You can't enjoy her because of her limitations, then don't try to join the crowd when you're enjoying her advantages. Just find a way to play her and make it work. For Christ's sakes.

So is every bad variation confirmed getting buffs but Displacer/Master of storms ?
No.

Necromancer
Displace (shouldn't be on this list as it's pretty viable just no one is using it)
Nimble/Deceptive
Hi-Tech
Assassin
All Goro
Blood God

From what I've seen, aren't getting any buffs either. Unless, someone proves me wrong that is but I didn't see any talk about them on this list.

What ya getting excited for? You MIGHT get disheartened when ya realize your favorites aren't getting that 5-star treatment on Monday. But, with much better news, the MKX Kombat Kast is going to reintroduce to the world.... Hulk Hogan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.