What's new

Patch Notes Stream 8-31-2015 (Updated w/ Stream Youtube Link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krabman

Noob
I have a gut feeling they are going to make Takeda really strong. The character is new and well thought out, the whip ninja deserves his buffs cmon nrs.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
making a stream about patch notes is just stupid >.< . Why not just update and release the patchnotes,. They still want to hype their game >.<

making a stream about patch notes is just stupid >.< . Why not just update and release the patchnotes,. They still want to hype their game >.<
I agree, plus this shit should have been ready from Day 1. Adding additional move properties and not just bug fixes and normalization, etc, proves 4 months after retail release, it was beta like everything else is and we (end users) are the real testers.

As an ex QA tester in the games industry for 7 years from 2000-2007, I shake my head at it, as it's fucking lazy on the devs part in the day and age we live in now. Gone are the days of real functionality bug testing before each title hit the shops, yet now, it's "oh just release it and patch it thereafter"

Friends who I still have contact with, always say that now, Major A class failure bugs are sometimes waived just to put the title out and then patch it afterwards.

I love MK and have done since 1992 in the arcades until present day. However, posting this announcement on social media with teasers of what's coming and wanting to do a whole stream over it is stupid.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Just don't watch it and wait for the patch notes then.
well actually i have just watched 1 stream and turned it off after 3 minutes. Of course i won´t watch this.

It´s just like Capcom´s character trailers for each f*ing character. There is also no reason to do this. i started hating the company for this...

Also no hate to NRS for patching, this game still needs patches to become a good game. Most important -> Hitbox fixxes

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
So usually a free classic ninja skin comes with the territory. Classic ninja skin for Tremor perhaps?????

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
"Why don't they just patch everything in right now?"

Because SUMMER JAM IS THIS WEEKEND thats the hell why. Remember when we got a patch the week of CEO? Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Also, I believe they are doing the stream on Monday a few hours before the patch comes out, which will likely be late Monday night/early Tuesday morning, which has traditionally been the time games receive updates for years now.

It is more convinient/cost effective for companies to release their updates within this window. That's why.

Kokoko

Somehow
1. They want announce something.
2. Community complains that NRS tells nothing about patches.

I see no reason to whine. If you don't see this stream, you will receive a patch and patch notes anyway. So why do you care about that?

E

Eldriken

@Wam-Zlay Having a stream for patch notes is not stupid at all, especially if this is going to be a really big patch that's changing a lot of things. Explanations may be in order for some of the changes that are made. Also, from what we've seen, some characters are getting new moves, so I'm sure we'll get to see them in action before the patch hits, that way people can start coming up with ideas on how to use it.

You have the option to not watch it and just wait for the patch and its notes, as others have said. Myself and plenty of others are looking forward to it.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
1. They want announce something.
2. Community complains that NRS tells nothing about patches.

I see no reason to whine. If you don't see this stream, you will receive a patch and patch notes anyway. So why do you care about that?
it´s not that im crying, i just said it´s useless and i don´t like it. All this teases are just stupid aswell.

@Wam-Zlay Having a stream for patch notes is not stupid at all, especially if this is going to be a really big patch that's changing a lot of things. Explanations may be in order for some of the changes that are made. Also, from what we've seen, some characters are getting new moves, so I'm sure we'll get to see them in action before the patch hits, that way people can start coming up with ideas on how to use it.

You have the option to not watch it and just wait for the patch and its notes, as others have said. Myself and plenty of others are looking forward to it.
Maybe you´re right. Patch Notes would be enough anyways. I rather read 10 minutes instead of watching a stream for 5 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.