What's new

Overwatch Discussion Thread

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
They've been running cash tournaments that professional teams from other games compete in since the closed beta. Teams like Reunited, Cloud 9, EnvyThis, Flatearth, Melty etc.

Winston has the best mobility in the game. He can get anywhere with his leap. He is used in higher play because he is basically a healer/sniper killer, even though he doesn't do that much damage he can dispose of them really quickly. His shield is good for isolating him with the healers/snipers as well so their team can't protect them. Lastly his Ult is the best area denial ult in the game, you can knock entire teams off of a point/payload with it.

He's not really a Tank except for his health, which is why it can be difficult to figure him out. It helps if your teamed up to have a mercy tailing him, you can decimate a back line that way.

(He's also my main so I might be a teeny bit biased. But he is used in about every tournament match too).
Also he has the highest HP out of all tanks in the game. 500+1000 when he activates his ult (ult fully heals him to 1k).

Noob
DAmnnn FGC is gonna take over Watch get it AHHH! that was lame im sorry, but seriously we in there... BTW im also EU atleast for the time being so anyone intersted hit me up

I cant wait for this game..... I'll be mainly playing mccree when it comes out as he's a personal favorite atm. But other characters I'll be playing are soldier , widowmaker , genji , bastion and a few more.... I'm mainly a dps guy so yeah..

Also please don't nerf mccree

Last edited:

Breakin Wordzz

I cant wait for this game..... I'll be mainly playing mccree when it comes out as he's a personal favorite atm. But other characters I'll be playing are soldier , widowmaker , genji , bastion and a few more.... I'm mainly a dps guy so yeah..

Also please don't nerf mccree
I hope (for the game's sake) McCree gets nerfed. McCree is not good for the game. The competitve scene right now is AT LEAST 1 McCree every team and usually 2. Not because he's super OP, its just the fact the other DPS options get shutdown really hard by McCree. For example, tracer is good, but McCree counters her extremely hard same with genji.

Creepy00

Noob
So, who in here is getting the game on launch? I should be getting mine tomorrow sometime during the evening before the overwatch servers are up.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Ill be playing the minute the servers are up.

Im hoping even if servers are down you can play training/AI once it releases. Because I have a very strong feeling their servers are not prepared for tomorrow and Tuesday lol.

I hope (for the game's sake) McCree gets nerfed. McCree is not good for the game. The competitve scene right now is AT LEAST 1 McCree every team and usually 2. Not because he's super OP, its just the fact the other DPS options get shutdown really hard by McCree. For example, tracer is good, but McCree counters her extremely hard same with genji.
The competitve scene also almost always has a mercy or a lucio so should they get nerfed because they shut down the other supports? and most of the time both lol. mccree is fine... He got his share of nerfs already nerfing him again would hurt him bad. Also it's not always a Mccree sometimes some teams run 2 tracers 2 Winston and 2 lucio in certain maps hell some times genji gets picked too...

Also he doesn't shutdown soldier. Soldier is insanely good and sometimes they run him instead of mccree in certain maps

Like lucio and mercy are literally a must. It's either that or sometimes people go 2 lucio instead.

Breakin Wordzz

The competitve scene also almost always has a mercy or a lucio so should they get nerfed because they shut down the other supports? and most of the time both lol. mccree is fine... He got his share of nerfs already nerfing him again would hurt him bad. Also it's not always a Mccree sometimes some teams run 2 tracers 2 Winston and 2 lucio in certain maps hell some times genji gets picked too...

Also he doesn't shutdown soldier. Soldier is insanely good and sometimes they run him instead of mccree in certain maps
You are right. 76 does replace mercy slot. BUT Dbl Lucio is ONLY on KOTH maps. Mercy and Lucio being picked every game is more to do with zen being mediocre. and Symmetra literally being inferior to mercy. like what is symmetra good at? her ult Brings people back into the fight. Mercy does that INSTANTLY and doesnt have to worry about stupid teleorter getting destroyed. IMO the differnce is less about mercy hard countering symmetra, its that symmetra is inferior to mercy. Unlike tracer and genji being good DPS but getting shut down by McCree. see the difference?

You are right. 76 does replace mercy slot. BUT Dbl Lucio is ONLY on KOTH maps. Mercy and Lucio being picked every game is more to do with zen being mediocre. and Symmetra literally being inferior to mercy. like what is symmetra good at? her ult Brings people back into the fight. Mercy does that INSTANTLY and doesnt have to worry about stupid teleorter getting destroyed. IMO the differnce is less about mercy hard countering symmetra, its that symmetra is inferior to mercy. Unlike tracer and genji being good DPS but getting shut down by McCree. see the difference?
They're both good characters even if they get countered by Mccree, there are times where it''s better to pick them over mccree. Also mercys alt literally gets them back up but where they died ( which is usually right infront of the other team) this gives the other team a big advantage. But for symmetra you can get back safely without worrying that an entire team is aiming at you and you can give shields and put up turrets to slow people down. My whole point is why should a character get nerfed because they're used in most competitive teams? There's no need to nerf him.

Breakin Wordzz

They're both good characters even if they get countered by Mccree, there are times where it''s better to pick them over mccree. Also mercys alt literally gets them back up but where they died ( which is usually right infront of the other team) this gives the other team a big advantage. But for symmetra you can get back safely without worrying that an entire team is aiming at you and you can give shields and put up turrets to slow people down. My whole point is why should a character get nerfed because they're used in most competitive teams? There's no need to nerf him.
Well there are two mentalities, there is the moba mentality where they want each character to be good in different scenarios. Then there is the cs go mentality where the only guns worth purchasing are ak, m4 awp, with a few pistols. all other guns are extremely specific scenarios and many are NOT USED AT ALL. you seem to think that way. As for mercy, i think u r underestimating the importance of team fighting in the game. Overwatch and overwatch type games are NOT what they are like in normal games (competitively speaking). There are "team fights" and NOT people running around shooting each other in chaos. Mercy is straight up MUCH better for team fights and thats why mercy is ALMOST always picked over symmetra. As for picking tracer and genji over McCree in some comps, ive watched MANY overwatch tournaments already, People do experiment with reaper against dbl Winston but tracer is pretty much only picked in KOTH. where she excels.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
So guys question, is matchmaking based off of the hosts skill? I am fairly bad with mouse and keyboard but I've been playing with my friends who are both very good and I've noticed when I play with them I'm getting destroyed and we lose a lot, probably my fault. However when I played by myself I was winning way more than losing I don't get it.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
So guys question, is matchmaking based off of the hosts skill? I am fairly bad with mouse and keyboard but I've been playing with my friends who are both very good and I've noticed when I play with them I'm getting destroyed and we lose a lot, probably my fault. However when I played by myself I was winning way more than losing I don't get it.
I don't think the MMR has had enough games of everyone playing to properly pair you and your friends. The thing about playing in teams is it usually puts you against other premades similar to yours(so if you were in a group of 3 they will put you with another group of 3).

In solo queue you just get put with people that are more similar in skill to you and probably don't coordinate. When you play with your friends you're probably just playing with teams that coordinate better.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Best luck ever I swear. At level 3 I got a loot box that had two legendaries: Nevermore Reaper and Infrit Zenyatta.

I am always looking for more peeps to play with so hmu on psn guys!

Psn ID: Darksydedash

I usually play widowmaker, McCree, Zenyatra, Lucio, Genji, Torbijorn, Tracer, Reaper, Reinhardt, and sometimes Mercy.