What's new

Overwatch Discussion Thread

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
He's supposed to be annoying though. He does area control and suppression really well but nothing he does is OP. The RIPtire was before it could be shot but now its not nearly as bad.

Only way Pharah could be OP is on Control type maps(that knockback shot too good). Otherwise she is unique in her ability to control the air but she's also really easy to snipe/shoot out of the air.

Poor Torby might be the worst character in the game. The only time he's ever used at higher levels is by cloud 9 and they usually are forced to switch from him in like a minute. It sucks cause his design is so cool but yeah, nerfing him would be like killing something that's already dead.
Torbjorn isn't op, but on some maps with the right turret placement. It can be nearly impossible to destroy it.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
You know, it's kind of funny how well good players can make characters shine. Good mcree's are so god damn annoying, bad ones are just easy kills.

The Highlander

There can be only one
She's actually almost never used in competitive play, she's incredibly niche. I don't think she's bad per say but shes not as OP as people think she is. She has high survivability but she gets wrecked at mid and far ranges. Her wall can be blown through by explosives so once you know that it can be dealt with pretty easily.

If anyone is actually going to get nerfed it would be the characters that have dominated competitive play. Winston, Tracer, McCree etc. I doubt they nerf anyone before launch though unless its very minor tweaks.

Edit: I forgot Widowmaker. A good widowmaker can pretty much decimate the entire team in the current state. I have no idea how they'd actually nerf any of these though lol.
Yea a good widowmaker can almost singlehanded shut down even decent teams. Tried playing her though, so hard to use. At least on PS4.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I honestly never came across a good one.. I barely know what he does besides shoot quickly.
Good ones know how to flank. Basically, if a good one shoots first (like Han) You will always die.

McCree can do absolutely absurd damage if he can keep his cross hairs steady. Enough to one burst DVA's mech essentially eliminating her entirely from battle.

He has to be played as somewhat of a ganker. Kind of lurking in the background and in flank lanes and popping in to destroy shit.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
She's actually almost never used in competitive play, she's incredibly niche. I don't think she's bad per say but shes not as OP as people think she is. She has high survivability but she gets wrecked at mid and far ranges. Her wall can be blown through by explosives so once you know that it can be dealt with pretty easily.

If anyone is actually going to get nerfed it would be the characters that have dominated competitive play. Winston, Tracer, McCree etc. I doubt they nerf anyone before launch though unless its very minor tweaks.

Edit: I forgot Widowmaker. A good widowmaker can pretty much decimate the entire team in the current state. I have no idea how they'd actually nerf any of these though lol.
whats so good about winston that hes been dominating?
i only used him for two games and didnt like him/click at all, well used him the least outin the beta. liked reinhardt/zarya better out of the big tanky guys.
didnt like his shield vs rienheart shield and wasnt too fond off his pulse cannon weapon.
his ultimate and L1 leap are pretty good at disruption/distractions, is that what hes all about?
put a mercy beam or harmony orb on him and let him go ham?

also forgive my ignorance but how is there competitive play for this if a few day beta just came and left?
dont know much about the game before i played the recent beta so just might be very out of the loop here lol

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
whats so good about winston that hes been dominating?
i only used him for two games and didnt like him/click at all, well used him the least outin the beta. liked reinhardt/zarya better out of the big tanky guys.
didnt like his shield vs rienheart shield and wasnt too fond off his pulse cannon weapon.
his ultimate and L1 leap are pretty good at disruption/distractions, is that what hes all about?
put a mercy beam or harmony orb on him and let him go ham?

also forgive my ignorance but how is there competitive play for this if a few day beta just came and left?
dont know much about the game before i played the recent beta so just might be very out of the loop here lol
They've been running cash tournaments that professional teams from other games compete in since the closed beta. Teams like Reunited, Cloud 9, EnvyThis, Flatearth, Melty etc.

Winston has the best mobility in the game. He can get anywhere with his leap. He is used in higher play because he is basically a healer/sniper killer, even though he doesn't do that much damage he can dispose of them really quickly. His shield is good for isolating him with the healers/snipers as well so their team can't protect them. Lastly his Ult is the best area denial ult in the game, you can knock entire teams off of a point/payload with it.

He's not really a Tank except for his health, which is why it can be difficult to figure him out. It helps if your teamed up to have a mercy tailing him, you can decimate a back line that way.

(He's also my main so I might be a teeny bit biased. But he is used in about every tournament match too).

1man3letters

They've been running cash tournaments that professional teams from other games compete in since the closed beta. Teams like Reunited, Cloud 9, EnvyThis, Flatearth, Melty etc.

Winston has the best mobility in the game. He can get anywhere with his leap. He is used in higher play because he is basically a healer/sniper killer, even though he doesn't do that much damage he can dispose of them really quickly. His shield is good for isolating him with the healers/snipers as well so their team can't protect them. Lastly his Ult is the best area denial ult in the game, you can knock entire teams off of a point/payload with it.

He's not really a Tank except for his health, which is why it can be difficult to figure him out. It helps if your teamed up to have a mercy tailing him, you can decimate a back line that way.

(He's also my main so I might be a teeny bit biased. But he is used in about every tournament match too).
ah right i see. man you might as well be naming smash players, i dont follow that scene at all lol

thanks for info, you might know this then if your a winston man, am i wrong in thinking that on his shield that if you directly shoot the thing on the ground that the beam of the shield comes from (sorry know explaining that shitty) the shield will be destroyed quicker than if just shooting the shield itself?

zenyatta, widowmaker and d.va where my fav 3 from the beta that ill prop switch between. reaper/reinhardt/genji very fun aswell though.
its not region locked in any form correct? you getting it on pc or ps4?

Zoidberg747

ah right i see. man you might as well be naming smash players, i dont follow that scene at all lol

thanks for info, you might know this then if your a winston man, am i wrong in thinking that on his shield that if you directly shoot the thing on the ground that the beam of the shield comes from (sorry know explaining that shitty) the shield will be destroyed quicker than if just shooting the shield itself?

zenyatta, widowmaker and d.va where my fav 3 from the beta that ill prop switch between. reaper/reinhardt/genji very fun aswell though.
its not region locked in any form correct? you getting it on pc or ps4?
I don't think so but I haven't tested about the shield. Interesting theory though.

There's no region lock. I don't have a gaming PC unfortunately so I'm getting the PS4 version.

1man3letters

I don't think so but I haven't tested about the shield. Interesting theory though.

There's no region lock. I don't have a gaming PC unfortunately so I'm getting the PS4 version.
just asking because short time i was using him twice when i put my shield down it seemed to go away well quicker than it should and when was shooting a solider76 in a game i thought i blew up his health field thing by shooting the thing on the ground and thought maybe thats what happened when i was using winston, cant know 100% for sure though as i cant know what was shooting the shield (could of someone with a mercy damage buff) and cant be 100% sure i blew up soldier76 health field or it just happen to run out of time just as i shot it.

yea im getting it on ps aswell. we should try get tym people to team up for some games.
was having some great games with phosferrax & few others from here, hes a strategy monster haha

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
Is there a decent overwatch forum?
Like not full of fanboys and scrubs?

Or should I just try playing with you guys?

Zoidberg747

Is there a decent overwatch forum?
Like not full of fanboys and scrubs?

Or should I just try playing with you guys?
Reddit's ok but there was a lot of clutter.

The Blizzard forums were pretty terrible during the beta. If you thought nerf/buff threads were bad on here...whew. There was at least 50 nerf Bastion threads lol.

All that being said if you post on those asking for people to play with you usually get a few responses so It'd be worth getting an account imo. But I would take strategy and balance posts on them both with a grain of salt.

just asking because short time i was using him twice when i put my shield down it seemed to go away well quicker than it should and when was shooting a solider76 in a game i thought i blew up his health field thing by shooting the thing on the ground and thought maybe thats what happened when i was using winston, cant know 100% for sure though as i cant know what was shooting the shield (could of someone with a mercy damage buff) and cant be 100% sure i blew up soldier76 health field or it just happen to run out of time just as i shot it.

yea im getting it on ps aswell. we should try get tym people to team up for some games.
was having some great games with phosferrax & few others from here, hes a strategy monster haha
His shield got nerfed in closed beta so its actually pretty fragile. Bastion, McCree, Reaper, any DPS character can shred it pretty easily so that's probably what happened. I'd be interested to see if it does blow up if you shoot the generator.

Ill make sure to have you added. I played with a lot of people from EU and never had connection issues.

Noob
Its really hard to balance a perspective of what the "pros" already know to counter and overcome and the amateurs and below think its OP... Honestly i feel the game is pretty balanced and any major change can throw that away pretty easily... Like some ppl have said Widow can destroy a charge pretty hard, but the amount of ppl that have the capability to pull off that kind of target assessment/kill coordination is very small, even in what at this time we consider high lvl play iv seen maybe like 3 guys out of more than 6 or 7 teams have that kind of skill with her... But with time more ppl will showup with that kind of skill and honestly i myself im trying to get there, (play Sniper in every single shooter so) But you cant just nerf her cause she is actually balanced, like Zoidberg said for Mei its the same for Widow, she can be countered quite easily with chars that are actually meta right now even the terrain can be a counter for her, there are maps that after the first push she becames mostly useless...

Another major complaint i see alot is from Mei and Bastion, and this from a guy that spent every single min playing the beta and had quite a few hours in closed, i dont think they are OP because this is a matchup heavy game, if you play the MU you can counter them, BUT, and this is a big BUT if they where to be nerfed i personally would make the HP regen on her iceblock not regen as much, and i would put the Mag on Bastions alt mode at 150 and his reload speed increased just a tiny bit a few tiny frames... I read some talk about Phara being also pretty OP, i dont think she is, she is on par with other dmg dealers, things get a little crazy ( and this is map specific ) when a Mercy decides to dmg buff her on defense, then it can be REALLY hard to advance, But thats not on Phara lol thats on Mercy sooooo...

@Zoidberg747 Also from what iv been seeing Winston is an awsome "tankish" support for Reinhart push, he can go very quickly from def to batshit crazy on a def line... I personally dont fit his play style but i like to have one on Offense 90% of the time

Noob
This animations a PURE GOLD, every single one of them has so much personality its incredible really... i which this was made into a real movie a real followup of this quality... this game not only shines in its amazing gameplay and looks, but everything around it from the lore to the backstory of its characters to their interactions is just 10/10

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I played the beta the last two days it was out. Had no interest in the game but got curious.
That changed quickly. I had bought Battleborn the same day I downloaded the beta. I played Battleborn in beta and once post release and turned it back in lol.

I run Tracer and Widowmaker as they both fit my typical FPS playstyles, specifically I'm usually a sniper and if things get too hectic in a game to snipe I usually go with some sort of assault class to keep my mobility. Both characters serve as that in this game for me. Can't wait till it drops

WersD

Noob
Interesting, so the Overwatch servers will be going online a bit early than expected. Essentially, those living in the U.S. will get to play the game online on the evening of May 23th.

Source: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20119623?login
May 23th or 23rd? o_o
D.va is meh, Lucio on the other hand is probably the best character in the game
Maybe I'm just bullying scrubs but until otherwise, I'mma still believe D Va stronk man.

Noob
Rumors are coming out that Bliz is going to announce a new hero on monday "Sombra" Support Sniper, looks interesting from what few things ppl have been diggin, and anything Sniper related Count me in...

EDIT: For those interested Sombra Means Shadow in Latin born languages. Its confirmed that no additional characters will be coming out at launch, so she/he/it would have to come out soon after but any new chars or maps will be free of charge after launch