What's new

General/Other - Takeda (Old) Takahashi Takeda General Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AssassiN

Noob
Am I the only one who didn't know Takeda could throw his kunai while airborne? They never showed that on stream, and I didn't see it in his move list.
No. I don't remember that being showed. This is very interesting and has seriously peaked my interest.
I was looking forward to maining Liu, but it's shifting towards Takeda instead.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Wow, I've been a little on the fence, but that J2 sealed it for me. I don't even care about his damage output at this point; he's going to be a neutral game nightmare.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
LI Joe just confirmed that Takeda's whip normals do NOT trigger Ice Clone; they don't destroy it, they just pass through it. Parries weren't confirmed, but I think it's safe to say that close-up parries like Kano's and Sonya's probably won't work, though stuff like Kitana's probably will.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
LI Joe just confirmed that Takeda's whip normals do NOT trigger Ice Clone; they don't destroy it, they just pass through it. Parries weren't confirmed, but I think it's safe to say that close-up parries like Kano's and Sonya's probably won't work, though stuff like Kitana's probably will.
Sorry to quote myself, but how are Takeda players not more excited about this news? This was potentially a character-ruining matchup, and we find out he gets to ignore a huge aspect of the fight. This could be the difference between Takeda being tournament viable or having to have a pocket character to deal with Ice Clone and parries.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Sorry to quote myself, but how are Takeda players not more excited about this news? This was potentially a character-ruining matchup, and we find out he gets to ignore a huge aspect of the fight. This could be the difference between Takeda being tournament viable or having to have a pocket character to deal with Ice Clone and parries.
Does the ice clone disappear when Sub-Zero is hit? Or would he start a string and then be hit by ice clone anyway for being too close?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The whips pass through the clone. So if clone disappears when Sub is hit, then it should happen with whips. And clone blocks projectiles, but Takeda can still reach almost full screen. So without invincible wakeups, what is Sub supposed to do when he gets cornered by takeda?

This was a potential advantage matchup for Sub, but now it should at least be even (based purely on available information, before people jump up my ass about using the word "matchup" in a forum post).

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
What would you say his biggest weakness is?

Status
Not open for further replies.