What's new

General/Other - Takeda (Old) Takahashi Takeda General Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm also curious what happens if he throws down the kunai, delays them, and then goes for a throw. Will the explosion whiff or will it knock the opponent out of the throw? I'm guessing whiff.
The delay happens, but when you grab him it explodes knocking you both down before anything happens. 12% damage.

found out some 45%+ damage combos with 2 bars
its insane how good all his moves fit together
His low spin kick covers 1/3 of the screen & when you press down x for the sec low kick it covers even more
the low spin kick is a good combo starter
his ground teleport juggles with everything as long as the opponent is in the air
lots of noobs online though ^^
only tried the first variation so far
takeda omg lol best character ever in any fighting game and I m not even kidding

TheMightyLupus

I'm bad, you're basic.
What's poppin' people. I've been a closet Takeda lurker here for about a week or two and I figured it's time to declare my allegiance. Here goes nothing:

I, The Mighty Lupus, having been self-appointed an officer in the Metalbending Police Force, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the honor of Takeda Takahashi against all haters, trolling or ignorant; that I will bear badass whips and sick power armor to ensure they do the same; and that I will meet the demands of the character and take to the lab until none doubt his greatness. So help me Raiden.

And with that, it is done. As a show of good faith, I leave you with two more reasons we have the best main.
The old man is cool and all, but he's a mama's boy at heart.

Too many times Scorpion has brought shame to his people. The Shirai Ryu of tomorrow will speak not of his failure, but of Takeda's eminence. For now, however, he is the last of us.

Last edited:
Played the game today and I am extremely in love with this character. I didn't touch ronin and used mainly shirai ryu. Pretty much takeda will be a DAY ONE problem. His space control will dominate anyone that is not used to the games movement. Ultimately shirai ryu and lasher will probably be obselete as the meta grows. Shirai ryu and lasher both have very slow starting strings and his fastest pokes aren't too fast either.

MK_Chameleon

The wizard of Zod
Takeda's neutral J2 is broken and needs a nerf. It reaches all the way to the ground and as far as sweep distance no matter how early or late you press it. It cannot be D2 by any character in the game and it seems like the only option for the opponent is to back up which leaves you in perfect whipping position. I know the game isn't even out yet and I hope I'm wrong about it being broken.

Takeda's neutral J2 is broken and needs a nerf. It reaches all the way to the ground and as far as sweep distance no matter how early or late you press it. It cannot be D2 by any character in the game and it seems like the only option for the opponent is to back up which leaves you in perfect whipping position. I know the game isn't even out yet and I hope I'm wrong about it being broken.
It does not reach that far lol also its only an overhead as your coming down. If u do instant neutral is a mid. Any option takeda has after a blocked nj2 can be armored through b/c his string starters are not that fast.

Don't get me wrong. Its REALLY good....but when people start learning the mu there will be ways around it

MK_Chameleon

The wizard of Zod
It does not reach that far lol also its only an overhead as your coming down. If u do instant neutral is a mid. Any option takeda has after a blocked nj2 can be armored through b/c his string starters are not that fast.

Don't get me wrong. Its REALLY good....but when people start learning the mu there will be ways around it[/QUOTE
Blocking it isn't the problem punishing it is, also it most definitely reaches that low I tried low profile moves against it there's no way to get low enough for it to whiff through height only distance. Also the block stun os to high to do anything to punish him.

haketh

Noob
Blocking it isn't the problem punishing it is, also it most definitely reaches that low I tried low profile moves against it there's no way to get low enough for it to whiff through height only distance. Also the block stun os to high to do anything to punish him.
The bolded is blatantly untrue, especially if he does it while rising

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Played the game today and I am extremely in love with this character. I didn't touch ronin and used mainly shirai ryu. Pretty much takeda will be a DAY ONE problem. His space control will dominate anyone that is not used to the games movement. Ultimately shirai ryu and lasher will probably be obselete as the meta grows. Shirai ryu and lasher both have very slow starting strings and his fastest pokes aren't too fast either.
Brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.