What's new

General/Other - Takeda (Old) Takahashi Takeda General Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Right. The only reason I like the Kunai better (potentially) is that the sword drop requires a separate input to recover, meaning he almost certainly can't do it while in hit/block stun. But since the MB Kunai only requires that he release the button to detonate, that leads me to believe there is a solid chance he can do so while blocking or being combo'd, which would be insane. That might end up not being the case (since it would be incredibly powerful), but I've got a feeling it might work that way.
Well we just came from a game where Aquaman could push one button to escape combos and punish YOU in return, so I think this will be able to be done lol.

Especially since it is a MB ability.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I have that same feeling. We'll have to wait and see. I feel like I'll be seeing a lot of Takeda's online.
I think most of the Takeda's we'll see will be people that frequent this site due to the space control. Lets not kidd ourselves, Ninjas and Kano will be hot stuff online for a little while. The classic knife toss into up ball will return in dominant force lol.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Well we just came from a game where Aquaman could push one button to escape combos and punish YOU in return, so I think this will be able to be done lol.

Especially since it is a MB ability.
Yeah, but depending on how long he can delay the explosion, that's pretty damn nasty. Imagine if a Joker player could delay the teeth as long as they wanted, and manually detonate them when getting pressured or combo'd. Now imagine the joker teeth took up about 2.5 times more screen space. If Takeda can detonate at will, then his opponent really doesn't have any options as long as the MB Kunai are on the screen.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yeah, but depending on how long he can delay the explosion, that's pretty damn nasty. Imagine if a Joker player could delay the teeth as long as they wanted, and manually detonate them when getting pressured or combo'd. Now imagine the joker teeth took up about 2.5 times more screen space. If Takeda can detonate at will, then his opponent really doesn't have any options as long as the MB Kunai are on the screen.
Dirty indeed. It puts the opponent in a situation where they need to move from that space asap. If they're at distance they may teleport right into you waiting for it. If they don't move its free pressure. If they hit you then you can release it for a free combo breaker that damages them. Endless possibilities.

No doubt in my mind that this will be one of the best moves in the game once people explore all its uses.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I can't imagine him being that popular outside of this site lol. The casual online player loves Scorps and Subs too much.
Never too late for the casuals to pick up a new poster boy. Look at what happened with Lars and Bob in Tekken 6.

With his moves, his origin, and if he's "badass" in the story, you best believe casuals will be running wild with their Scorpion and Takeda combo.

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
All I know for sure is that I'll be walking into the Lab with whoever I main to practice MU's vs all of Takada variations and Ninjutsu Scorpion before I set foot online. 90% of the online MU's will be them for at least 2 months.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
All I know for sure is that I'll be walking into the Lab with whoever I main to practice MU's vs all of Takada variations and Ninjutsu Scorpion before I set foot online. 90% of the online MU's will be them for at least 2 months.
That right there is why I might end up playing someone with a good parry. I'm really hoping his whips are parryable.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I cant wait to overhead then low kunai on the online casuals.... So much hatemail is coming!
Or doing double lows, with low into low kunai. or Low into ex Kunai charge then mixup between low again, overhead, throw or let the kunai go off while you go overhead again haha.

Takeda will be a nightmare to deal with.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Only in Shirai Ryu variation though, the other two we don't have a tele to fake out with lol
No they don't, but they have the ex Kunai, which i just check now on the stream and is a universal move.

So if they can overhead into ex Kunai, Takeda becomes a nightmare from this point towards, since he can let go off when he wants, to it will force a clutch situation just like Skarlet's red Dash, while people have to worry if he will either let it go off, he can mix up between overhead, low, teleport, jump (to setup teleport) throw, blockstrings.

It might be a lot to take into account.

I was wondering why Angolan community was shitting themselves on the Takeda variations breakdown saying "If Eddy Wang picks takeda we're screwed" but i can see why now. lol

They even came this far and call it Skarlet 2.0, replacing the Kunai with Red Dash, and the same neutral game range.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
No they don't, but they have the ex Kunai, which i just check now on the stream and is a universal move.

So if they can overhead into ex Kunai, Takeda becomes a nightmare from this point towards, since he can let go off when he wants, to it will force a clutch situation just like Skarlet's red Dash, while people have to worry if he will either let it go off, he can mix up between overhead, low, teleport, jump (to setup teleport) throw, blockstrings.

It might be a lot to take into account.

I was wondering why Angolan community was shitting themselves on the Takeda variations breakdown saying "If Eddy Wang picks takeda we're screwed" but i can see why now. lol

They even came this far and call it Skarlet 2.0, replacing the Kunai with Red Dash, and the same neutral game range.
I mentioned something similar to the MB Kunai mixups right before your original post, so I agree, he can be really dangerous with that on all variations. Is it for sure on the Ronin variation too? Because if thats the case then we can have a sword plus the kunais on the ground. Talk about controlling some space on the screen haha

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I mentioned something similar to the MB Kunai mixups right before your original post, so I agree, he can be really dangerous with that on all variations. Is it for sure on the Ronin variation too? Because if thats the case then we can have a sword plus the kunais on the ground. Talk about controlling some space on the screen haha
Just think about it makes me shivers, the mental advantage was one of my favorite things in MK9, if you manage to dominate the frame traps well you can to things that they have to consider either to take a risk or play safe and still get doomed by each choice when you're on their heads.

I did it with Skarlet by forcing them to block red dash options by doing, either pretty late, pretty early or somewhere in between, so they started to get opened for blockstrings all the time and whiff punishes, such as well getting punish for trying to get out earlier.

I see a similar scenario on Takeda's ex Kunais, and it can even be worse because Takeda can go either way from any range once he sets a ex Kunai with someone in between them, initially its like they're stuck, if they move you can just react to it haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.