What's new

General/Other - Shinnok (Old) Shinnok Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Shinnok always had an awesome design. I enjoyed playing as him in Armageddon. it's gonna be interesting to see how he plays in this game. He probably has the coolest outfit in the game from what I've seen so far. his costume is so elaborate and sparkly. it's such a nice contrast to the bland bleakness of the special forces. We'll see though. What I liked about Injustice was even though there were less characters I felt more compelled to try out and learn more than I did with MK just cuz of design and movesets. But then again...I knew what characters they were. Anyway, here's hoping that if the roster is as small as it might be that this will be the case in this game as well...especially considering the variations.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So on the stream @tylerlansdown said there will be a character you unlock in story mode. It could be anyone, but I'm betting it's Shinnok. Which is really unfortunate because I wanted to train with him right out of the gate. I really wish all characters were already unlocked, it would definitely help the tournament crowd out, but I understand the decision.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
So on the stream @tylerlansdown said there will be a character you unlock in story mode. It could be anyone, but I'm betting it's Shinnok. Which is really unfortunate because I wanted to train with him right out of the gate. I really wish all characters were already unlocked, it would definitely help the tournament crowd out, but I understand the decision.
The story mode in MKX will be roughly the same length as in MK9. That means you could finish it in one go if you want to. You could have Shinnok within 3 hours of getting your hands on the game, if he is unlockable that is.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Well, as a promise I made long before the original few were named, "If shinnok is in this game, I'm going to main him. No exceptions."
So welcome the lab monster into your arms. If he can be played, you can expect some tech.
Juggs isn't allowed in the character council because he doesn't like them.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Juggs isn't allowed in the character council because he doesn't like them.
I don't mind them, I'm in the Scorpion council right now. I'll be in the lab with Shinnok, Scorpion, Takeda and others, so i welcome all council invites! What my share tech thread was about was people hiding tech because of selfishness. Character council goes through more of an approval system which is way different than withholding tech.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I don't mind them, I'm in the Scorpion council right now. I'll be in the lab with Shinnok, Scorpion, Takeda and others, so i welcome all council invites! What my share tech thread was about was people hiding tech because of selfishness. Character council goes through more of an approval system which is way different than withholding tech.
Oh well then...
Is there already a shinnok one? If not, we could make it...
>_> Maybe I'll be F/T character mod and we can collude to openly share our tech and get our characters buffed into infinity.
Ya know... Like I always do :D

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I mean I'll main him if Fujin isn't in but I highly doubt Shinnok is playable tbh. He done got sucked into the darn Talismamulet he did indeedy-doo-dah-day.
Well I was wrong as shit and at the moment it looks like Fujin isn't playable so I guess I'm with you guys.

Let our enemies fall to the power of the Netherrealm!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Is anyone else going to exclusively play in the Samurai skin? That skin is just so badass
Depends, his primary (if the one we've seen from chapter 1 of story mode is his primary) looks pretty cool too. But I will use it at some point because you're goddamn right it's badass.

Also I take it you found where the quote I posted in this thread came from?

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
I really hope he has a MK4 alternate, his current hat makes him look like a jester or something. Also his eyes aren't green are they? The Samurai image has his green eyes, so if there isn't a MK4 skin, I'll probably be using the Samurai skin a lot. But maybe I'll get to like his default, or another alternate he'll have, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.