What's new

General/Other - Shinnok (Old) Shinnok Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
That design is too good for him not to be playable

I want him so bad, give a me variTion with the amulet staff too!!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I WANTED TO MAKE THIS THREAD
I've been waiting for any sign of Shinnok to make this thread! Besides Smoke and Tremor, he was the only other character I was hoping for!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, some french players meet NRS yesteray and they told me he is in with the IMPOSTOR variation (he can steal some specials from other characters).

They've seen a charge.
The quanchi hypnose.
shadow kick from JC
Ground fireball like shang.
That sounds awesome! I figured he would have a variation like that since in MK4 he had borrowed special moves too. I'm really hype to see him in action!

SaJa

FH_FenriR
That sounds awesome! I figured he would have a variation like that since in MK4 he had borrowed special moves too. I'm really hype to see him in action!
They've seen him in action in story mode as well. He raises an army of undead to attack earthrealm. Very impressive aperently.

From one of the articles:
"It's also interesting to note that, at one point during the fight, Shinnok busted out Johnny Cage's Shadow Kick. I was playing as Cage, but couldn't tell if Shinnok had performed a move that let him copy my Shadow Kick, or if he could just use the move innately because I was Cage."

Down 2

Noob
I've been looking forward to seeing Shinnok in action ever since the end of MK9 and his design is awesome so far. I think the imposter variation sounds a little gimmicky (unless he has a good base move set maybe) but what I'm really interested in is how his other variations are going to look and play like. I've ways loved Shinnok because of his badass skeleton hand summons and just thinking about that with the next-gen technology has me excited. Also with the inclusion of the Imposter variation does that mean less chance for Shang-Tsung? Hopefully not.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Ayyy I love the snake stance or mantis idk.

No word on the skeleton hands yet guise?
Shinnok a un look vraiment très réussi, il est très fidèle à lui-même, assez badass, son standing ressemble à celui de Shang Tsung dans Mortal Kombat 9.
Le personnage semble très rapide, fluide, il a une voix étrange !

Nous avons vu sa variation IMPOSTOR, le principe nous semble assez évident, il a le pouvoir de prendre les spéciales de plusieurs personnages du cast en plus de ses propres coups.

Voici les spéciales que nous avons vu dans cette variation :
- Une charge avec le coude
- La transe de Quan Chi, très similaire.
- Kick vert de JC !
- Boules de feu de Shang Tsung (celles qui partent du sol, le move est très similaire de ce qu’on a pu voir)
http://www.finish-him.com/topic4792.html
@Amplified$hotz nothing bout skeleton yet :( They couldn't play him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.