What's new

General/Other - Shinnok (Old) Shinnok Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLy

Noob
I have noticed on the Kombat Kast Shinnok breakdown, that he has increased damaged, while he has a stolen move in store. Maybe at the same time, the opponents damage is decreased?
I hope it doesnt decrease opponents damage. That'll be 1000 people crying for nerfs lol.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Who changed the title of the thread? Please change it to something else, that's a horrible one. Or at least use something like "Challenge accepted." or one of the ones below.

Back to Shinnok discussion though it's a shame I like Necromancer more than Impostor (although I like Imposter too) otherwise I'd do everything in my power to make sure I land that brutality every match. One of the very few good ones in the entire game.

Also more dialogue I could find and his arcade ending (I'll post pics if requested):

Quan Chi: "Master of souls."
Shinnok: "Master of yours as well."
Quan Chi: "...if you defeat me."

Shinnok: "My servant."
Quan Chi: "Must I prove my worth?"
Shinnok: "Always."

Quan Chi: "My lord."
Shinnok: "Shall we test your might Quan Chi?"
Quan Chi: "I will not disappoint."

Shinnok: "Your lesson begins."
Quan Chi: "I endeavour to learn."
Shinnok: "You will learn or die."

D'Vorah: "Netherrealm's master."
Shinnok: "Yours as well D'Vorah."
D'Vorah: "That remains to be seen."

Shinnok: "D'Vorah."
D'Vorah: "We will taste victory."
Shinnok: "Insect..."

D;Vorah: "Lord Shinnok."
Shinnok: "Prepare to be humbled."
D'Vorah: "The hive is a dangerous enemy."

Shinnok: "You've served your master well."
D'Vorah: "The hive serves him even now."
Shinnok: "I will deal with him next."

Goro: "Shinnok."
Shinnok: "Come to pledge your service?"
Goro: "The Shokan serve noone."

Shinnok: "Greetings."
Shinnok: "Such blatant mockery."
Shinnok: "You assume I am not you."

Shinnok: "Kotal Kahn."
Kotal Kahn: "The bane of all existence."
Shinnok: "Save the realms, false god."

Earthrealm belonged to Shinnok. It became the staging area from which he would finish his war on the Elder Gods, which began eons ago. The Elder Gods had lied to the denizens of the realms. They were not individual beings, but merely parts of a greater collective known as the One Being. Shinnok would merge the realms and awaken him. Whole once more, the One Being devoured the Elder Gods. Shinnok watched with satisfaction. This reality had finally come to an end.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
All who are KHAOSREALM representatives and maining and SHINNOK should make your way over to this little gem.

Last edited:
Who changed the title of the thread? Please change it to something else, that's a horrible one. Or at least use something like "Challenge accepted." or one of the ones below.

Back to Shinnok discussion though it's a shame I like Necromancer more than Impostor (although I like Imposter too) otherwise I'd do everything in my power to make sure I land that brutality every match. One of the very few good ones in the entire game.

Also more dialogue I could find and his arcade ending (I'll post pics if requested):

Quan Chi: "Master of souls."
Shinnok: "Master of yours as well."
Quan Chi: "...if you defeat me."

Shinnok: "My servant."
Quan Chi: "Must I prove my worth?"
Shinnok: "Always."

Quan Chi: "My lord."
Shinnok: "Shall we test your might Quan Chi?"
Quan Chi: "I will not disappoint."

Shinnok: "Your lesson begins."
Quan Chi: "I endeavour to learn."
Shinnok: "You will learn or die."

D'Vorah: "Netherrealm's master."
Shinnok: "Yours as well D'Vorah."
D'Vorah: "That remains to be seen."

Shinnok: "D'Vorah."
D'Vorah: "We will taste victory."
Shinnok: "Insect..."

D;Vorah: "Lord Shinnok."
Shinnok: "Prepare to be humbled."
D'Vorah: "The hive is a dangerous enemy."

Shinnok: "You've served your master well."
D'Vorah: "The hive serves him even now."
Shinnok: "I will deal with him next."

Goro: "Shinnok."
Shinnok: "Come to pledge your service?"
Goro: "The Shokan serve noone."

Shinnok: "Greetings."
Shinnok: "Such blatant mockery."
Shinnok: "You assume I am not you."

Shinnok: "Kotal Kahn."
Kotal Kahn: "The bane of all existence."
Shinnok: "Save the realms, false god."

Earthrealm belonged to Shinnok. It became the staging area from which he would finish his war on the Elder Gods, which began eons ago. The Elder Gods had lied to the denizens of the realms. They were not individual beings, but merely parts of a greater collective known as the One Being. Shinnok would merge the realms and awaken him. Whole once more, the One Being devoured the Elder Gods. Shinnok watched with satisfaction. This reality had finally come to an end.
I think in the dialogue with Goro he says: Bow to pledge your service!:/

A. That doesn't make any sense...
B. If it said that I would have wrote that, not like I can't double check ;)
Can't your bow as a sign of your loyalty to someone though? I am asking because I am Russian and might not fully understand why it doesn't make sense to bow to pledge service))

Youphemism

Can't your bow as a sign of your loyalty to someone though? I am asking because I am Russian and might not fully understand why it doesn't make sense to bow to pledge service))
You can bow to someone, but "Bow to pledge your service?" doesn't make sense. If anything that would be a command rather than a question.

D

Deleted member 9158

Totally maining Shinnok, along with quan-chi and mileena

Audit

Falls down too much
On the Kombat Kast yesterday, they mention Shinnok stealing something besides special moves when he got random selected. Did they mean this face brutality? I think there was some unique normal on the screen, so I actually thought it meant stealing a normal somehow. Anyone know?

Youphemism

@Juggs I don't know if you changed it or if someone else did but PLEASE change the title of the thread back or to a better quote like "Challenge accepted" or something. Plsssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
On the Kombat Kast yesterday, they mention Shinnok stealing something besides special moves when he got random selected. Did they mean this face brutality? I think there was some unique normal on the screen, so I actually thought it meant stealing a normal somehow. Anyone know?
That would be pretty awesome if he stole a normal or a string as well as a special.

Will have to compile a list of what specials he steals from everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.