What's new

General/Other - Shinnok (Old) Shinnok Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me, or does all of Shinnok's combo potential practically use meter? All his air launchers or pop-ups require one bar of meter...without meter, he seems kinda useless...he doesn't really have many options without meter...at least from what they showed us...but I won't know until I see a pro use him..do you think he'll have some good launchers from his normals?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Is it me, or does all of Shinnok's combo potential practically use meter? All his air launchers or pop-ups require one bar of meter...without meter, he seems kinda useless...he doesn't really have many options without meter...at least from what they showed us...but I won't know until I see a pro use him..do you think he'll have some good launchers from his normals?
Most characters require meter to get a pop up in MKX. The question is how fast can he build meter. Bear in mind that we practically saw none of his strings.

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
PIMP HAND ENTIRELY TOO STRONG

I'm all fucking in on Shinnok. Bone Shaper looks like my shit to the fullest, and I wanted to have a good zoning alt, so Necromancer is looking dope. Imposter is probably gonna be super good in certain matchups, so there's that.

First character I've seen that I've wanted to play all three variations.

kantboy-2

Ripper
LOVE his Necromancer variation.
HATE his visual cue.

What the hell am I to do?

Erron Black and Shinnok need a little visual cue adjustment. Gunslinger looks way cooler than the other 2 and the skeleton hands are a little disjointed visually.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
His footsies could be godlike, though. And we know nothing about his strings. We really just need to get our hands on him.

Malec

Noob
dont know if anyone has mentioned it, but after rewatching the shinnok breakdown, imposter shinnok gets a damage buff (looks like ~30%) as long as he has the stolen move in store

Last edited:

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
dont know if anyone has mentioned it, but after rewatching the shinnok breakdown, imposter shinnok gets a damage buff (looks like ~30%) as long as he has the stolen move in store
Great find! That makes me even more interested in Imposter. Another advantage of using the mimicry is that it leaves the opponent standing at what seems like huge frame advantage.

Malec

Noob
Great find! That makes me even more interested in Imposter. Another advantage of using the mimicry is that it leaves the opponent standing at what seems like huge frame advantage.
its not only frame advantage, you get free hits like quan chis trance move

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
It's "Insignificant speck of feculent scum!". I mean, c'mon, I even posted it in this very thread like a week or two ago lol.
Nah in the story video he says it like I have it. Check it for yo self.

Edit: I was wrong. Must have juxtaposed the words in my brain like a miserable wretch.

Last edited:

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
I think you need to check it. He says "Miserable wretch! Insignificant speck of feculent scum!". At least double check before you assert yourself...
Oh whoa, I had originally double checked before I asserted but I must have had a brain lapse. I swear I double checked! But yea my bad.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
To me, MKX Shinnok is the closest thing that this game has to MK9's Noob.

As in, yeah, the character was alright before, but after a new game he's like five times cooler.

I always thought Shinnok was a pansy pre-MKX, but now this guy is bad to the ass. Better boss material than Shao Kahn as far as I'm concerned, whose stupid design ruins everything else cool about him.

To me, MKX Shinnok is the closest thing that this game has to MK9's Noob.

As in, yeah, the character was alright before, but after a new game he's like five times cooler.

I always thought Shinnok was a pansy pre-MKX, but now this guy is bad to the ass. Better boss material than Shao Kahn as far as I'm concerned, whose stupid design ruins everything else cool about him.
I personally think that Noob had a better gameplay than in MK9 on nearly every single other MK game he was in. But I agree that Shinnok, at least story-wise, looks much cooler in MKX than, say, MK4.

Status
Not open for further replies.