What's new

General/Other - Mileena (Old) Mileena Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Fucking unreal! She looks fantastic. That Ethereal variation!?! Those command grabs!?! Daaaaaaaaaamn!

Also, does EX Roll launch or no? I haven't made it past the first few minutes of the stream before posting.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance

So they just revealed Mileena's gameplay variations for MKX and I have to say the hype is too real. From every single character variation I've seen Mileena appears to have the largest variety of variation game play styles.

So far her moves that are consistent throughout each variation are:

Sai Throw- Similar to MK9, comes out a little faster. Does average projectile damage. Second Sai if MB.

Teleport- Very similar to MK9, except far quicker. She disappears through a portal in the ground to attack from above. Can be MB for more damage.

Ball roll- Covers a shorter distance than her roll in MK9, her mb version actually looks like it hits overhead and again hits short range before rolling.

These are her variations:

Ethereal
  • Teleports midscreen close and away. She throws her dagger and then disappears for a short period of time before re-appearing where she threw the dagger. Can throw the dagger closer to the opponent or away from the opponent. Hold a button can extend the time she dissapears for. Possibly great anti zoning tool.
  • This variation seems far more reset and set up based. Similar to Zatanna in terms of finishing a combo and then teleporting for a mix up.
Ravenous
  • Mileena gains a "bite" move where she straddles the opponent and chows on their neck. An imput of certain buttons can extend the damage on the animation.
  • A low "command chain grab" inputs a certain chain of buttons that punishes low blocking opponents I believe. The higher the chain of inputs the higher the damage, but some inputs leave the opponent closer to Mileena.
  • High "command chain grab" has the same idea as the low, just different animation.
  • This variation seems to be like a MK9 Sonya pressure style that once up close can throw out heavy mixups and always keep the opponent guessing.
Piercing
  • Gains a air sai throw.
  • Gains a low sai throw, does the splits and chucks a dagger to hit low.
  • Has various "chain sai combos," just like the low and high "command chain grab" it's a combo that can be extended by a certain input of buttons.
  • A heavily zoning based variation with good speed and ability to provide pressure. This seems like the most versatile variation and by far my favorite. Instant air Sai's mixed with low Sai is gonna be so dirty.
Thoughts?

@Mr. Mileena
@Pan1cMode
@DarkFire*
@EMPEROR_SunFire

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
all variations and overall gameplay seems amazing .... my personal favorite seems ravenous due the mix up possibility looks really strong there

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
That's easily the best Mileena ever. In every way. 10/10 NRS, absolutely nailing every character so far. The more I see of this game, the more I think it could be something very special indeed

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Just started the stream and this Mileena is looking the best iteration. She looks amazing and love her little quirks from the select screen to the win pose. All the variations are so awesome that I don't actually know which one to start with! All I want now is her roll to be a low and she will be perfect.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Thanks, Spinky.

She's so toned.

Second best girl is looking good.

as I said in the variation thread:

Ravenous... Mileena has a grappling variation with FUCKING CHAIN GRABS?

I'm gonna get balls deep in this bitch(gameplay wise) come release.

Welcome to my list of Mains/Subs.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I love how they managed to incorporate her old MK9 X-Ray into her regular gameplay.

Very nice little touch. <3

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Love it! Ravenous looks more like what I wanted Commando Kano to really be so i might have Ermac and Kano take a seat coz Mileena is da besss <3

Got some sexy ass lips now too, that's what's up~

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Piercing has me very interested. Lots of hardcore zoning potential to say the least.

She looks good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.