What's new

General/Other - Mileena (Old) Mileena Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
She looks so fucking cool in this trailer. The 'Now you wish to steal my means of reclaiming it!' line gave me goose bumps.
By far the best moment in the trailer. My hype levels are so ridiculously high right now. I love the look, I love the voice, I love everything :D

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Um.. wow I am insanely impressed already and we dont even have variations or gameplay. I am definitely going to try her out. Who knows, I may end up maining her with Subby and Kitana.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
I've been really trying to figure out what gameplay elements she could have in the final game but it's been damn near impossible. Nothing of note was shown in her sequence.

I do find it interesting that her sais were strapped to her back. It seems like a deliberate place to put them. Perhaps a variation? I like to imagine some sort of Maya mechanics from KI working into that variation. I just have never seen her sais placed away from her hands.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Wow, Mileena looks so bad ass in MKX! She is on my list of potential main character for this game for sure now.

She has always been my favorite female MK character since MK2. Mainly because she is half Tarkatan (All the Outworld extraterrestial type races are my favorite type characters in the MK Universe) and she uses two Sai which my favorite TMNT Raphael happens to use as well. Also Mileena is my Mom's favorite MK character which is a plus.

I have really liked how she has developed as a character and how here design has progressed since MK Deception. She looks more bad ass than ever and she plays an even more pivotal role in the storyline of MK now.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yeah, Mileena rules ! NRS did a great job updating her design look to a bad ass version that overall, majority are enjoying so far

HYPE!!! That Mileena voice actor is on point!

On Mileena's Appearance: I'm not sure if it's her primary costume in the trailer but it'd make sense that she looks all rough and ragged after her dethronement since she's basically "gone underground" in order to avoid Kotal Kahn's death squads. I've always liked feral Mileena. Regardless, even though she's not hard confirmed as playable (no combat footage) I'm excited to start talking about her. Hopefully we see some gameplay and variation breakdowns soon.

Also, as an aside. I like the idea of a Mileena alt costume where she has a side shaved or undercut hairstyle. I know that's kind of Cassie Cage's thing but I think it'd really fit Mileena. There's something primal and striking about it.

I love me some Cassie Lol I was actually thinking Cassie Cage might be inspired by her too

Anyway Mileena looks amazing

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Ages ago, Boon said that Mileena and Kitana were the equivalent of Sub Zero and Scorpion but they have never been treated like it. With the exception of "greatest hit" games (MKA/MK9) and Xpacs IUMK3) they have not been in a main, vanilla game together since MK2. Soooo excited now!

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Ages ago, Boon said that Mileena and Kitana were the equivalent of Sub Zero and Scorpion but they have never been treated like it. With the exception of "greatest hit" games (MKA/MK9) and Xpacs IUMK3) they have not been in a main, vanilla game together since MK2. Soooo excited now!
From a mascot / icon status I can see that but MK9 effectively retconn'd Mileena's deep-seeded resentment of Kitana. The rivalry isn't there anymore. If anything she's being established to have beef with Kotal (and possibly Reiko).

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Because people like myself who mained Mileena like the character because she is more than just a flesh pit.
For real. Mileena sort of had this "tragic but monstrous" sort of thing going for her which everyone thought got retconn'd with MK9. From what we've seen in the comic and now in this new trailer, NRS might be trying to salvage her old backstory after all. EDIT: To clarify I mean her backstory surrounding her desire to rule, not so much the "I'm not as pretty as Kitana!" or the "Daddy never loved me like my sister!"

Last edited:

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
For real. Mileena sort of had this "tragic but monstrous" sort of thing going for her which everyone thought got retconn'd with MK9. From what we've seen in the comic and now in this new trailer, NRS might be trying to salvage her old backstory after all.
Salvage what exactly? Mileena is much better off as crazy feral woman who will tear you to shreds for being her way than some sort of tragic figure.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Salvage what exactly? Mileena is much better off as crazy feral woman who will tear you to shreds for being her way than some sort of tragic figure.
I assume you mean "in her way" and I don't see why the two have to be mutually exclusive (being tragic and being ruthless). Meaning she can be bloodthirsty, crazy, and monstrous, while retaining some of her character development from previous games. From a narrative perspective memorable characters often have motivations for their actions and it's clear Mileena is closely tied to the plot in both the comic and the story trailer. She's invested in remaining the Queen/Empress of Outworld so she's already been establish to have moved past "crazy for the sake of crazy".

Quick name me 3 of your favorite villains from any movie/game/story and I bet they have character arcs that explore their motivatons.

Dark

Noob
Around her hip/waist area she looks pretty oddly shaped in the second picture.. But other than that she looks amazing.

Let's just hope Reiko is in too

Status
Not open for further replies.