What's new

General/Other - Mileena (Old) Mileena Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Does it really matter when you have a block button, it would be good for injustice
What kind of question is that? If the EX roll didn't go to low hit at the end you could simply block whole combo just by standing.
Now you gotta stand for armoured overhead kick and instantly duck for incoming low-roll-hit... If your opponent forgets that - he gets hit. So yeah.. It does matter.

What kind of question is that? If the EX roll didn't go to low hit at the end you could simply block whole combo just by standing.
Now you gotta stand for armoured overhead kick and instantly duck for incoming low-roll-hit... If your opponent forgets that - he gets hit. So yeah.. It does matter.
Also its not a low you block it standing so yeah.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Also its not a low you block it standing so yeah.
It's a third time when you completely re-write this same post. First admiting that you don't know how blocking in MK games work since you haven't event played one, then telling you want it to be like in Injustice. Now this...

Even if EX roll does not end up to low hit after first overhead, there are such things as mix-ups. Example: B3 into Roll, or (like it looks in MKX) also F4, Roll and more.
After few succesful combos your opponent will start blocking low against B3 - that's when you will go into Roll or other mid attacks that might hit through low blocks...

Last edited:

Sami

Noob
Ethereal looks as trolly as I imagined, especially using the teleport to bait reversals. For strings that have gaps in that the opponent might want to armour through having the option to teleport away and (hopefully) punish will be great.

Working out the cancel advantage on normals and strings will be vital in the early days.

edit: just saw the screenshots 2 pages back. Cancel advantage is now listed in game? Awwww yiss.

EX roll is overhead into low? hell yes.

This has probably been asked and answered a thousand times by now, but does regular roll hitlow now? imo it shouldn't, but I figured I'd ask.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
EX Roll is overhead to mid, idk why people keep saying it's a low. None of the rolls are low..

Last edited:

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I don't know if it's her D+3 or D+4 (Maybe someone can confirm? Her low poke Derek seems to love throwing out is what I'm referring to, and NOT her F+4, before someone says it), but it seemed to be able to combo into her roll on today's stream. I'm wondering what else she could potentially combo into from her low pokes....

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
I'm not the best at these types of things...But I just got my ps4 copy and if you guys wanted to know anything about Mileena, I can try my best to answer all questions.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Ive played Mileena for a couple hours, what would you guys like to know? (I do have some frames written down as well)

RiverHB

Noob
Ive played Mileena for a couple hours, what would you guys like to know? (I do have some frames written down as well)
I am interested in her best options after a knocking down her opponent. The wakeup mixups were heavily featured in the Fatal 8 stream. What does Mileena have in store? Anything safe, or will she have to throw the Roll out? All Variations.

Thank you in advance.

Dizz_88

Noob
What is her frame traps? Any BnB's? What strings look good for rushdown? Hows her D4 and Instant Air Sai game?

Sorry for asking so many questions, just curious.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
@RiverHB I didnt get to play for too long so I didnt figure out maybe mixups, BUT she has some good advancing normals, and enough strings that are 0 or are safe with good knockback. EX roll is amazing, it's everything we ever wanted for in MK9. I only played Ravenous so I only know stuff for that

@Dizz_88 She doesn't really have frame traps, just really mixupish like MK9 but better possibly. She doesnt have B3,4 anymore, but she has F4 which is a low. BnBs I only had one since I was getting used to the game which did about 32% and ended in command grabs. Her B1,2 string advances far is 0 on block, and you can back up and whiff punish with it nicely. She also has F2 which advances and hits mid, and is safe. D4 is pretty meh, not as good as in MK9 at all. IAS is good, but it's injustice like, so you cant input UB,F 1 like you could in MK9. It has to be U,B,F+1 for it

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
So in your opinion she is better than in MK9? Because in MK9 when you learn Mileena's mixups and normals it's not too hard to play against / read her.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
[

@Dizz_88 She doesn't really have frame traps, just really mixupish like MK9 but better possibly. She doesnt have B3,4 anymore, but she has F4 which is a low. BnBs I only had one since I was getting used to the game which did about 32% and ended in command grabs. Her B1,2 string advances far is 0 on block, and you can back up and whiff punish with it nicely. She also has F2 which advances and hits mid, and is safe. D4 is pretty meh, not as good as in MK9 at all. IAS is good, but it's injustice like, so you cant input UB,F 1 like you could in MK9. It has to be U,B,F+1 for it
no plus frames on block for frametraps, thats a shame, same with losing the double sweep also( i liked that string :()
ugh i was hoping ia projectiles werent done like inj :/ found it hard to machine gun cyborgs when on p1 side, didnt have that problem in mk9

thanks for the info though!

Status
Not open for further replies.