What's new

General/Other - Mileena (Old) Mileena Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
Piercing: I get Piercing, it is the MK9 Mileena way. The low sai Sagat zoning, the sai visuals in her combos, its awesome.

Ravenous: I am sure their will be at least one character, at least one, in the roster that this variation would be ideal to use on. Without knowing enough, yet, my wild assumption.

Ethereal: One of the most difficult characters in MK9 to zone was Nightwolf as Mileena. Scorpion being right their too, that hellfire, then obviously the rest of your teleporters. With Ethereal you no longer haft to block dash your way across the screen while taking hits to close a gap as Mileena vs a character like Nightwolf. You can guess a teleport kick, you can roll to close a gap if your basically on the other side of the screen, but ultimately your block dashing to close the gap for a mix up vs a character like Nightwolf. While I think with Piercing, without not actually playing the game yet, you could probably do really well just with that variation vs the entire roster generally speaking, your basically playing Mileena in MK9.

Ultimately, I have no doubt I will be using both Ethereal, and Piercing almost equally. Most Mileena players I would assume, again without having played MKX myself yet, will be using both Ethereal and Piercing near equally. It is Ravenous that I am not sure about yet, and am very curious to test out. It does look cool.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
huh? xrays like cage's,lao's and sub's ( 3 quick examples) where far more than obsolete even at the end of mk9s life.
Eh, they still have very situational uses but in general the meter is more useful used for breakers and Enhanced moves coz with most characters an enhanced move will do whatever you're trying to accomplish (go through a projectile for example) and lets you get a combo with the same/similar damage as the X-ray.
Granted meter looks like it has less overall uses in this compared to injustice (clash, armor b3/f3, armor interactables, ex moves, pushblock) but I still think X-rays will end up having very little uses for most characters.

I'll be happy to be proven wrong though so we'll see soon enough.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Ravenous Leap frog is a low throw (only works if they're crouching) where the mid one is a hit.

Roll confirmed a mid, EX is 2 hit overhead then the roll.

Bite string does 20% raw if you do the extend.

Her strings are very flashy and over the top, I love it! she has a good amount of lows and overheads in there.

f343 is the jumping overhead string Derek loves, string has a mid and low ender.

f44 is a low to the forward knee.

f12b4 ends in an overhead hit.

21u4 is on some Green Arrow shit, it's mid>low>overhead and the low to overhead is super quick O_O

She laughs alot mid her strings, it's awesome ^__^

Some screenshots for her strings and specials in Ravenous.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
you do for the Klassic Mk2 of Kitana and Mileena!
u sure?
all ive seen said so far you get from mobile game was farmer jax,classic mileena,injustice scorpion and they said on recent stream bout ninja mine.

inj mobile was super annoying, dont want have to do that again :/

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
u sure?
all ive seen said so far you get from mobile game was farmer jax,classic mileena,injustice scorpion and they said on recent stream bout ninja mine.

inj mobile was super annoying, dont want have to do that again :/
I'm sure it said mobile next to the costume when i was watching a stream!

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Roll has been confirmed to hit mid? That's a bunch of shit. That roll should be a low. And it should have been since MK9.
It's not mid... Its LOW. Watch all the recent gameplay videos - none of her rolls where blocked standing, only ducking. Otherwise it's a confirmed hit if not blocked from low position.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
This 16bit "cofirmed" stuff doesn't make sense when watching the recent Mileena vs Kenshi demo. Watch the video again, you can't block the roll while standing. Tyler himself said to Ray "don't forget to block low" just before Derek went into rolling.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
This 16bit "cofirmed" stuff doesn't make sense when watching the recent Mileena vs Kenshi demo. Watch the video again, you can't block the roll while standing. Tyler himself said to Ray "don't forget to block low" just before Derek went into rolling.
hmmm. Well personally I think it would be best to accept for now that it doesn't hit low. therefore once the game comes if it's not a low then there is no disappointment. If it is then it's a bonus.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I don't know what to believe now, but all I do know is that I want to believe it is a low hit like St0rmy says.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
I asked two people who own the game. Waiting for the answer, but we should know it very soon.

EDIT: It's MID, and EX goes overhead like it was said. Still don't get it why then in the videos everyone (including 16bit) were blocking her roll while ducking..

Last edited:

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I asked two people who own the game. Waiting for the answer, but we should know it very soon.

EDIT: It's MID, and EX goes overhead like it was said. Still don't get it why then in the videos everyone (including 16bit) were blocking her roll while standing..
Thanks for going out and asking, man. I needed the double confirmation. But oh well, maybe she does not need it.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
@Perdition well It sucks. I hoped to make opponents to feel supressed and to guess whether I will go overhead OR low.

Now you can just block Mileena while standing the whole day.

Status
Not open for further replies.