What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr [Old] Ferra/Torr Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Have they caught your interest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SLy

Noob
I think ferra torr is gonna be hella good. But there wont be any hype surrounding them until someone goes in with them. Until then we wont have 10 extra pages of people acting like they always wanted to play them lol.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I think ferra torr is gonna be hella good. But there wont be any hype surrounding them until someone goes in with them. Until then we wont have 10 extra pages of people acting like they always wanted to play them lol.
We just know too little to be excited aside some people who really dig their appearance. I do like it, but without knowing about gameplay I'm not going to say that I definitely playing the heck out of them. So far it's just a big dude with some reach / damage / get-in tools with grab mixups which honestly everyone and their mother's dog seem to have at this point.
Maybe F/T indeed does many things like that better than others. Expect people start using the character then.

I personally prefer characters with some gimmicks, F/T on the other hand look pretty damn honest.

I hope there is a move where ferra automatically jumps off of torr to air-to-air an opponent out of the air when they are jumping at you, I also hope ferra can be thrown down on the floor (for set ups) and runns and you at different times so if you get caught in their combo, ferra will run and attack the opponent and free torr for taking damage. :) #teamwork

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
My guess is that based on the size and slower speed of Ferra/Torr, it looks like they'll be more like how Sheeva was in MK9, in the way that they'll be the grappler of the cast, specializing in command grabs.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Just like Bane? Just like Bane.

Maybe F/T indeed does many things like that better than others. Expect people start using the character then.

I personally prefer characters with some gimmicks, F/T on the other hand look pretty damn honest.
Leave the gimmicks to me, Barrogh. I'll make you some that'll make your head spin.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I hope there is a move where ferra automatically jumps off of torr to air-to-air an opponent out of the air when they are jumping at you, I also hope ferra can be thrown down on the floor (for set ups) and runns and you at different times so if you get caught in their combo, ferra will run and attack the opponent and free torr for taking damage. :) #teamwork
First one would be broken because F/T's ground game and free armor probably put him up there as far as "you should probably be in the air" stuff.

The second one, also broken. It would be funny to see her latch onto someone's leg though and start biting their ankles.

First one would be broken because F/T's ground game and free armor probably put him up there as far as "you should probably be in the air" stuff.

The second one, also broken. It would be funny to see her latch onto someone's leg though and start biting their ankles.
Ferra should just jump on their back and keep stabbing them untill the die (25%each stab, 2 seconds, invincible, in avoidable)

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Just like Bane? Just like Bane.
Well, to be honest, it wasn't just somebody picking him up and doing stuff in public with Bane. You know way better than me how much buffs it took to persuade people.

And I can say that "always wanted to play him, but he was trash" looks at least semi-legit reasoning to me :p
I mean, not everyone are happy with staying in trench and just playing a few casual matches every now and then like, say, I usually do.

Leave the gimmicks to me, Barrogh. I'll make you some that'll make your head spin.
I've probably misused word "gimmick" here... But wait...

So they actually have free armor?.. Colour me interested :p

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Well, to be honest, it wasn't just somebody picking him up and doing stuff in public with Bane. You know way better than me how much buffs it took to persuade people.

And I can say that "always wanted to play him, but he was trash" looks at least semi-legit reasoning to me :p
I mean, not everyone are happy with staying in trench and just playing a few casual matches every now and then like, say, I usually do.

I've probably misused word "gimmick" here... But wait...

So they actually have free armor?.. Colour me interested :p
It was. Until Grr took a round off of KDZ's superman with Bane no one even looked at us. It took one buff to persuade them, but they didn't see it until it was 5 buffs too late.

Yeah yeah.

Anything that doesn't work 100% of the time is a gimmick.

Yes.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
As I've said, I misused the word.
What I meant is something that is unique to the character on a base design level, usable in many situations and completely altering his response to things that normally force other characters to do something else. Raiden's hit-invulnerable teleport, Sub's clone, Bane's Venom, HG's flight, Grundy's WCC...

Or maybe I'm just lazy sod who doesn't want to learn fundamentals. Yup, I think that's about correct :p

Last edited:
I'm maining them just so I can see that win screen as often as possible
They're so adorable.
Also, on an unrelated note, here's what F/T first reminded me of
dude this big daddy thing is so obvious, i wonder why no one (me included) brought this up before, instead people referenced to mad max and stuff.
My excuse is that, (in addition to not owning any Bioshock game,) when I think of Big Daddy and the Little Sister, I imagine Big Daddy following the Little Sister around; not him lugging her around on his back.
----

I haven't played Bane: Having free armor sounds like fun.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
They're so adorable.

My excuse is that, (in addition to not owning any Bioshock game,) when I think of Big Daddy and the Little Sister, I imagine Big Daddy following the Little Sister around; not him lugging her around on his back.
----

I haven't played Bane: Having free armor sounds like fun.
Is that Sena in your Avy?

Yojimzo

One of many Bat-Breakers.
Just sittin' here, internally counting down the days 'til I can start breaking people again.
(Didn't notice this 'til I got tagged)

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Seeing just that tiny bit of F/T gameplay in that angry joe video reminded me how hype I am for this character

AAAAAGH
For some reason the closer MKX gets to being released the more excited I am to try out Ferra Torr even though I won't know for sure if Ferra Torr is the right character for me until I play MKX.

Edit Side Note: Awesome Ferra pic in your avatar @MK Led! Were did you get it if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:

Audit

Falls down too much
It's a toss up between Ferra Torr and Kotal Khan for my secondary. I'm leaning towards Ferra Torr purely because of their move list.

Status
Not open for further replies.