What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr [Old] Ferra/Torr Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Have they caught your interest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Even though I normally don't play big type characters in fighting games Ferra Torr have definitely caught my interest. I like their concept and design as well as their connection to Mad Max and Master Blaster,Ha!

Another reason I am interested in Ferra Torr is because I am mostly interested in having a brand new MK character as my main in Mortal Kombat X and right now I feel that all three of the new Outworlders are the most interesting MK characters to get introduced into the MK Universe since MK2.

It still bugs me that Torr is the only one that you can perform a fatality on. It'd be cooler, IMO, is if the 'main' fatality could be performed on Torr, but then immediately afterwards a character-appropriate 'mini-fatality' could be performed on Ferra.

So for example, Sub-Zero could perform his freeze-y spine rip on Torr, and then freeze Ferra and kick her to pieces.

IDK, it just feels very out-of-character for folks in the MK universe to let someone get off scot-free, even if they do happen to be small. And it's not like she's completely defenseless on her own or anything...

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It still bugs me that Torr is the only one that you can perform a fatality on. It'd be cooler, IMO, is if the 'main' fatality could be performed on Torr, but then immediately afterwards a character-appropriate 'mini-fatality' could be performed on Ferra.

So for example, Sub-Zero could perform his freeze-y spine rip on Torr, and then freeze Ferra and kick her to pieces.

IDK, it just feels very out-of-character for folks in the MK universe to let someone get off scot-free, even if they do happen to be small. And it's not like she's completely defenseless on her own or anything...
Well she is a child... I don't think child murder is okay in the MK world (sans Shazam). Thats dodging a media bullet if nothing else.

I was thinking more like a Heroic Brutality type deal where like... Sub Zero does the spine rip and then punts Ferra off of the screen lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Its not a child its a midg-lady. Also id rather have them not waste time on extra fatalities just for Ferra its whatever
Well in the media's eyes she is in likeness to a child.
Someone offs their baby, happens to own the game, guess what hits the news.
Pygmys and children, the press doesn't discriminate.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Well in the media's eyes she is in likeness to a child.
Someone offs their baby, happens to own the game, guess what hits the news.
Pygmys and children, the press doesn't discriminate.
Well yeah thats part of the reason she gets off. The other is that its not worth all that time creating fatalities that you can only do against one character so it makes more sense

Well yeah thats part of the reason she gets off. The other is that its not worth all that time creating fatalities that you can only do against one character so it makes more sense
In fairness, they did it in Soul Calibur 4 with Yoda... although that just involved slowed-down versions of each character's most powerful regular attacks. *shrugs* I'm 99% sure I'll stop caring about trivial stuff like this once I actually start playing the game proper. :p

Maybe Torr just wants to protect and help someone less "able" than him, so he feels like he has a reason to exist.
Plot twist: Torr is actually only a few months old and Ferra his adoptive parent, and therefore he fights out of family loyalty. :p

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Maybe Torr just wants to protect and help someone less "able" than him, so he feels like he has a reason to exist.

It's a mutually beneficial partnership.

She'd probably have a hard time fighting very powerful opponents seeing as how she's not very muscular(though she is fast and covered in blades).

He'd probably have a hard time in general seeing as how he's apparently quite slow mentally and can't even communicate outside of grunts and roars.

Brains and brawn.

Last edited:
in the spirit of borracho, error macro and the devourer:

if you say "ferratorr", it sounds very similar to the german word "Verräter", which means "traitor"

Oooh. If that ends up being related to their role in the story, that's pretty clever naming

Also, on an unrelated note, here's what F/T first reminded me of
dude this big daddy thing is so obvious, i wonder why no one (me included) brought this up before, instead people referenced to mad max and stuff.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
A little bit of F/T backstory from Amazon:

The dual being known as Ferra/Torr is mysterious even to their closest allies. It's rumored that Torr and Ferra were Outworld citizens, captured and permanently tethered to each other by the evil sorcerer Shang Tsung in the bowels of his Flesh Pits. They're more likely members of a forgotten symbiotic race, in which the 'rider' bonds with a 'mount.' The rider, Ferra, serves as the de facto brains of the duo, while the hulking Torr is the muscle. It's possible they communicate with each other telepathically, or that Ferra can actually understand Torr’s booming grunts. Found roaming the Tarkatan Wastes by Kotal Kahn’s troops, Ferra/Torr were pressed into service as the emperor’s personal bodyguard

MK Led

Umbasa
I got excited when one of the people was playing F/T in that lets play video of mkx (smosh I think it was?), but then they barely landed a single hit throughout the entire video :(

Also the more I see, the more I worry that Ferra falling off Torr's back with every hard knockdown may limit their potential somewhat...

Status
Not open for further replies.