What's new

[Oct. 22nd 2011] TEST YOUR RAGE - Hosted By VATR & MAK (Fairfax, VA)

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
N0rdicNinja and myself are happy and proud to announce that the WHB Company (The guys who made Summer Crowns and Beatdowns and other previous events possible) has adopted a new group to build a strong Mortal Kombat community in the MD/DC/VA area. This new MK group is called Mid-Atlantic Kombat (MAK)

MAK is a competitive community based out of the DC/MD/VA area dedicated to providing a much needed Mortal Kombat scene in an area that has completely lacked one up until this point. We will be providing an outlet for players to regularly prove themselves against others in a competitive environment and will also be organizing regular casual events for players to level up their game. It’s important to us that we not only compete with each other, but we also improve together and get to know each other as a community.

We will be working in cooperation with our brother group, VATR, and will fall under the same WHB umbrella. Test Your Rage on October 22nd will be our first event and we, along with VATR, would like to announce the RAGE COMICS competition! Show us your artistic side and create a meme that relates to VATR, MAK, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, past events, future events and/or anything in between! The cut off date for submissions will be October 14th with voting to follow between October 15th and the 21st. The winner will receive $10 in credits usable at any WHB events, including TYR on the 22nd. To enter simply e-mail your submission to [email protected] along with your name or handle. One submission per person please!

Without further ado, MAK and VATR presents....

TEST YOUR RAGE

Facebook Event Page

PRE-REGISTRATION
Post in this thread with your gamer tag, where you are coming from (city and state), and which games you are entering (Tekken 6 and/or MK9). We will have a list below of pre-registered entrants.

Example: Gamer2009 (Las Vegas, NV): T6 and MK9
Example 2: ThisIsMyGamerTag (Washington, DC): MK9

WHEN:
October 22nd, 2011
- Doors open 10AM
- 2PM: MK9 tournament begins
- 3PM: Tekken tournament begins
- There will be exhibition matches shortly after Tekken ends. Casuals can be played the entire day, except for when the tournaments are in session. If there are enough setups, we may have a casuals-only station. Read below for details on bringing a setup from home.
- 10PM: Doors close

WHERE:
George Mason University
Johnson Center (JC)- 3rd Floor, Room A
4400 University Drive, Fairfax, Virginia 22030 - Google Directions to Parking Lot

PARKING AND METRO:
Parking
Please park at Lot A if possible. If Lot A is full, the other free parking lots are K, L, J, and C. Below are map images to help you find the lots.

Braddock/Rt.123
Braddock/Roberts

Metro
Get to VIENNA METRO STATION and go to the NORTH exit and a mason shuttle should arrive near the parking deck every 30 minutes. "METRO TO MASON"

For more detailed instructions, check out this website provided by GMU.

TOURNAMENTS
1v1 Double Elimination 70/20/10 (or 80/20/00 depending on turnout) ; FT2 (Best 2 of 3 Matches)
applies to Tekken 6 and Mortal Kombat 9.

Entry Fee = $5 per person per tournament
Venue Fee = $5 per person
Mason Student = $4 discount (Must have valid Student ID)
Bring Setup (PS3+TEKKEN 6 or MK9 or TV/MONITOR)* = $5 discount
Parking = Free

*Must notify us prior to tournament date; First come, first serve basis (Number of people we need to bring setups is limited, so let us know asap if you're bringing a setup)

EXHIBITION MATCHES
- Mysticism vs FlipinFlava FT5 $20 MM
- SWBeta vs Psycho Sayco FT5

- MD vs VA 5v5 Regional

EXTRA INFO:
- N0rdicNinja is matching whatever the final pot amount is. If 10 people show he's throwing an extra $50 into the pot, if 20 people show he's throwing an extra $100 into the pot, etc. More people, bigger bonus.
- Depending on the number of stations we have, most, if not all matches will be recorded in HD and uploaded on YouTube.
- We will order pizza and drinks
- It's possible that we may live-stream the tournament

Questions? Please PM SWBeta or N0rdicNinja or email us at [email protected].

Those of you that were at the last VATR event know how we get down. We're all about trolling, sodium chloride, RAGE, and having a fucking awesome time! There will be trash talking, there will be salt and you can bet your ass there will be hype! But it’s all in good fun with the ultimate goal of establishing a high energy competitive environment for everyone who shares a love for MK, emphasis is on community, so come out and support your community! Bring friends and have a good time.

Oh, and if you see this lupine gentleman holding a Mortons' Salt container in the picture below:

Run. The Fuck. Away.

Because When It Rains, It Pours™

REGISTERED PLAYERS

SOVA
Blackula
Vegeta
Hatake Osawa
Young Money

NOVA
Nordic Ninja
Creepy
Mysticism
Ryry
Flipin Flava
Kaos87
Curved
Down1
BeatDownMao88
digitaldemize
Rob
Korpse

RVA
Chronos
Free All Day (Possible)

MD
SWBeta
Eazail
Sayco
CitizenSnips
Minerva_SC

PA
SwiftTomHanks

NC
LionHeart V1
Death

Down1 (Reston, VA): MK9
Can Bring PS3 with MK9 and a TV (I have no idea if there is any delay on the TV, so I'll let others test it out first and it can be sent to the casual zone if needed)

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
And to those familiar with the venue, we will have access to the projector this time! :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Creepy00

Noob
This time i will show up on time :p
Creepy00 (Falls Church, Va) Mk9
Also on what monitors we will playing? The one s before kinda lag a bit :p

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Also on what monitors we will playing? The one s before kinda lag a bit :p
Did you only ever play on that one display everyone was playing casuals on? Could have just been a problem child. LCDs are just far easier to lug around then CRTs. =P

Perhaps we could do a local meet up to verify latency on displays.

me rosslyn VA, can bring setup if I get a ride. Just depends what size monitors you want, and no, they don't lag. Tested in SF4 and I bought them for PC FPS games.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Everyone interested in testing/bringing displays, what's your availability like on the 15th? Perhaps we could meet up for some testing.., and casuals while we're at it. =P

Creepy00

Noob
Did you only ever play on that one display everyone was playing casuals on? Could have just been a problem child. LCDs are just far easier to lug around then CRTs. =P

Perhaps we could do a local meet up to verify latency on displays.
Could be the different timing of online vs offline + nerves, it was my first time offline :/
was just wondering, sryy if i sounded like a douche. I m kinda concern about the changing of dashes.
I m up for any local meeting before 22nd if any.

Could be the different timing of online vs offline + nerves, it was my first time offline :/
was just wondering, sryy if i sounded like a douche. I m kinda concern about the changing of dashes.
I m up for any local meeting before 22nd if any.
we have meetup every wed night, other than that I will be having one on Sat night for anyone that wants to join. We will be recording matches also

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
We gonna see your JC on the 22nd Mysticism? =)

Just as a reminder, until the end of October I'm on travel for work and can't meet up during the work week, if given a heads up I can do weekends however. This Saturday in particular my Wife and I already have plans though.

We gonna see your JC on the 22nd Mysticism? =)

Just as a reminder, until the end of October I'm on travel for work and can't meet up during the work week, if given a heads up I can do weekends however. This Saturday in particular my Wife and I already have plans though.
Yea I might be playing JC, but i have been learning a new character. So we will see what happens. If people are up for it, I don't mind holding sessions at my house on weekends. Just let me know.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Don't forget to add Mysticism Beta, and might as well throw up Sayco as well, he said he was gonna jump into MK again. =P

Anybody up for anything this weekend?
Got a party to go to this weekend, but I believe Mysticism said he was going to be running something.

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
Made some changes to the bringing of your setup section. Be sure to look it over, folks!

Also, MAK has a Facebook page! Be sure to join the group and add any of your MK buddies to the group!

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
Gonna try to man. I know MK has been representing on PS3 a lot and have to get use to playing on that. Good thing my friend Blackula has a converter for the PS2 controllers. Gonna have to train myself on that for the next couple weeks to get the feel of the pad. So casuals at his place is going to be a plus for me. Makes me wish I had a converter to hook up a 360 wired controller to the PS3 system. Oh well.

Saddens me to see you not make an appearance K.O.E. Saw you made a post and I was thinking "Awesome. He's showing up?" Then all of a sudden it puts a sad face on me that you're not. I know you've explained it to me before in private chat. Hopefully sometime down the road you can take some time off, bro.

P.S.- Nice to see you making a show SNIPS. Finally get to meet you, bro. Heard your Reptile was ridiculous. We will have to see now since the new patch came out. Hehehe. Train up hard man. Expecting good things from you. =)

yes sadly I have school. I have a gamepad for the 360 w/ a great dpad and its similar to the PS3. I really wana compete because playing offline made me so good w/ multiple characters and If I'm online later today I wana show you this throw mixup I've been working on w/ Scorpion.

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
I'll be at work 3pm-11pm tonight. So when I get off from work and you're on, we'll have a session and you can show me. I think I know what you're talking about as far as the pad goes. If so, then it's an alright pad. Heard it doesn't last long and breaks. That's just coming from my experience from someone owning one.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
P.S.- Nice to see you making a show SNIPS. Finally get to meet you, bro. Heard your Reptile was ridiculous. We will have to see now since the new patch came out. Hehehe. Train up hard man. Expecting good things from you. =)
:confused: I don't know about ridiculous but I guess my Reptile is at least good lol. I actually have a hard time with Scorpion you'd probably whoop my ass lol