What's new

NRS Announces Mortal Kombat XL *Trailer, Buying Options, Cover Art, Preorder Links & The Pit Info*

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I wish they would release the classic Mileena skin on consoles. I can't be bothered with mobile. Also, a net and a dream.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Either we will have to re download the full game for the new netcode or we will have to buy the xl edition to get it.

You can't really be to mad if you have to buy xl edition especially if you play sf because Doesn't capcom do kinda the same thing but just making you buy updated version of same game

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Either we will have to re download the full game for the new netcode or we will have to buy the xl edition to get it.

You can't really be to mad if you have to buy xl edition especially if you play sf because Doesn't capcom do kinda the same thing but just making you buy updated version of same game
Of course we could get mad if that is the case. The netcode should have been a priority. I'm not spending another $60 on a fucking netcode and some stuff I already have thanks to KP1 & KP2. I don't fuck with SF so what Capcom does with it is irrelevant.

Which reminds me, if this is how the MK series is going to become a "serious fighting game tournament" kind of game (SFesque re-releases) then I won't bother with any subsequent games.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Of course we could get mad if that is the case. The netcode should have been a priority. I'm not spending another $60 on a fucking netcode and some stuff I already have thanks to KP1 & KP2. I don't fuck with SF so what Capcom does with it is irrelevant.

Which reminds me, if this is how the MK series is going to become a "serious fighting game tournament" kind of game (SFesque re-releases) then I won't bother with any subsequent games.

Very true about the kp2 I didn't think about buying it now and then having to buy the game so it would be better to wait for the xl edition if that case.

Also I said if you play sf so if you Dont then disregard the last part

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Lot of the characters in the trailer are known to have a sort of "lacking" variation. I'm excited for this coming patch.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
BAAHHH

HUMMBUG!!!!

Ed BAFOON and monkeys will not blind me with thier bs. Ever since character release of kp2, I've been waiting on some kind of announcement of kp3 to make up for that fail lineup.

Kreygasm

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Also I said if you play sf so if you Dont then disregard the last part
Just wanted to cover all bases just in case you (or someone else) wanted to excuse NRS/WB because Capcom does it.

Why does NRS refuse to do alts for DLC? Is it too time consuming?
I think it's more of a case of maximizing profits. Since they saw they could get away with selling a bonus character without giving it a spare costume, why bother doing it now? Of the three games, the sole DLC fighter to receive an alt was Zod in Injustice and that was a skin to promote the Man of Steel film.

Redux

Ex Phase
all im hoping for is that you dont have to buy mkxl for the new netcode. im actually expecting that you do honestly

WATCHD0G

Noob
Here we go.

I think people who bought the PC version should get a much cheaper price on consoles.

Also if theres a PC version announced for Injustice 2 you should think really really hard if you wanna buy it.
What's there to even think about?.....after a stunt like this one would be quite foolish in buying PC versions......unless you are expecting to NOT have the full experience

They should have a Nightwolf Skin for Leatherface. Also give him shoulder charge, lightning, a bow, and a hatchet. Just delete leatherface and add Nightwolf.

Adding a bunch of cosplay costumes is kinda weird. They could have taken the charcters filling up the 9 wasted character slots and had them cosplay good characters instead.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Did they patch the "get mobile skins from the leader boards" thing? If not, you can get the skins that way. ;)

DLC skin suggestions (apparently NRS forgot they added those characters :DOGE)

Goro: MK9, MK1, Kintaro
Jason: Jason X, Friday 13th VI, Freddy vs Jason
Tanya: MK4, Klassic, Tournament (she was chained at the Kolosseum)
Predator: City Hunter, Elder Predator, Big Red
Tremor: Klassic, Dream Realm, Prisoner (he escaped prison in MK:SF)

Alien: 8-Bit, Alien:Genocide (if alt. color isn't red), Big Chap colors (I understand if there's no alt. skins for Alien)
Bo Rai Cho: Deception 1, Deception 2, Armageddon
Triborg: MK3, MK9, Armageddon
Leatherface: TCM 2, TCM 3, TCM 2003

Other costumes that WTF should be in the game; MK2 ninjas, UMK3 ladies, MK1 Johnny, MK2 Raiden, MK4 Shinnok, MK9 Quan Chi, MKvsDC Kano, Shaolin Monks Liu Kang, Shaolin Monks Kung Lao, Red Dragon disguise Kenshi, Tournament Sub-Zero and EVERYONE should have an Infrared costume.

And the Black Dragon and Special Forces stages from the Faction Wars home screen.

It seems likely that mkxl is their "game of the year" version. final dlc, improved netcode. It's them saying goodbye so they can move onto a new game. (injustice 2 seems likely as they've been building quite a story with the comics)