What's new

NRS Announces Mortal Kombat XL *Trailer, Buying Options, Cover Art, Preorder Links & The Pit Info*

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Like I said, the game engine didn't get completely overhauled to where MKX and MKXL would be incompatible with one another. The update will probably be relatively small in size.
hey man, I hope it is cross play, I don't to spend the extra money if I don't have to. I am finally almost done with unlocking the krypt

themanDan

The saw is family

I just saw this on twitter, so maybe they will have cross play.
Kombat pack 2
For Mortal Kombat x + *Kombat pack owners* <------ that part right there, what does that mean? don't tell me I need kp1 to buy kp2. Maybe I'm just panicking, wait....now I'm sweating....

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Kombat pack 2
For Mortal Kombat x + *Kombat pack owners* <------ that part right there, what does that mean? don't tell me I need kp1 to buy kp2. Maybe I'm just panicking, wait....now I'm sweating....
No. Its literally just KP2. Its for people who have MKX and KP1 already

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Kombat pack 2
Maybe you guys who didn't get KP1 will need to pay $29.99 instead of $19.99:joker:

It's not like they avoid insignificant questions like "hey can Fujin make KP3". People ask legitimate questions about an announcement involving their money so they can plan accordingly. If this was the first time then yea it would be whatever, but they have a bad habit of doing this. I'm not an "MK only" type so I'm not used to this type of treatment from a company so I can relate to the other side getting upset.

My main point is if you make an announcement to owners and potential buyers you give details. That's the whole point of an announcement. You don't tell someone you're selling a car and when they ask how many miles are on it you ignore them. That's the in a nutshell. The only "details" told go into how amazing the MKXL is which is fine, they have to make their sales. They just need to do it in a better way that doesn't involve completely ignoring your loyal fan base because lately I see a lot more "I'm going to SFV" post mainly because of their trolling or ignoring actions wearing thin.

So I'm not saying people are right for assuming it's MKXL exclusive netcode, I'm saying they aren't wrong either until told otherwise which is a very important detail and easy to resolve in 5 seconds by someone in the know.
They don't need to even issue a statement. Alot of people already realize that MKX netcode will not be exclusive to MKXL. To assume otherwise is crazy paranoia and you can quote me later if im wrong.

I don't know what Ed Boon's tweet advertising MKXL has to do with cars, but
maybe he should've left that netcode detail out, but then everyone would be like "Why did he say something about extra characters, costumes and the pit, but didn't mention the netcode? I guess we're getting enhanced netcode after MKXL is released, wtf NRS."

Then you guys would be bitching about something else.

Dabluprint4

eh....
They don't need to even issue a statement. Alot of people already realize that MKX netcode will not be exclusive to MKXL. To assume otherwise is crazy paranoia and you can quote me later if im wrong.

I don't know what Ed Boon's tweet advertising MKXL has to do with cars, but
maybe he should've left that netcode detail out, but then everyone would be like "Why did he say something about extra characters, costumes and the pit, but didn't mention the netcode? I guess we're getting enhanced netcode after MKXL is released, wtf NRS."

Then you guys would be bitching about something else.
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!!

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
PLEASE READ:

Yesterday, I emailed [email protected] and asked them the following:

"Can you please explain how people who already have all the current MKX DLC will be able to get the MKXL updates without buying the whole game again for $60? Thank you for clarifying."

Today, they responded:

"We will be explaining that shortly. You will not have to buy the entire game if you’re already an owner of all the current content. We will update soon.

Thanks,
Brian"

**Nevermind, it seems you guys already posted newer info as seen above :p

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
PLEASE READ:

Yesterday, I emailed [email protected] and asked them the following:

"Can you please explain how people who already have all the current MKX DLC will be able to get the MKXL updates without buying the whole game again for $60? Thank you for clarifying."

Today, they responded:

"We will be explaining that shortly. You will not have to buy the entire game if you’re already an owner of all the current content. We will update soon.

Thanks,
Brian"

**Nevermind, it seems you guys already posted newer info as seen above :p
@usedcarsalesmang this above would have stopped all assumptions before they even started, which is still my entire point lol. Not who's right or wrong, just that simple clarification would have avoided all of this to begin with.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Lol for real! Probably had to have his moment with suspense and Scorpion skin backlash. Yea the PC debacle was pretty foul. After what happened with Batman I think it might be more on WB than NRS though.

At least with some universal netcode I can play matches with you again. Especially with my connection being 11ping wired. Haven't played a lot of you guys since Injustice because MKX has more water than Stage Atlantis for me online for some reason. I'm most hype for that than anything coming out! Great to have a big scene but sucks being limited to only offline.

JDM

Noob
Still worried it seems like all KP2 DLC will be released March 1st. That would seriously fucking suck.