What's new

NRS Announces Mortal Kombat XL *Trailer, Buying Options, Cover Art, Preorder Links & The Pit Info*

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
I'm calling it right now, this is an elaborate joke, c'mon its Ricky that's posted this for crying out loud. Ed Boon has finally agreed to help him in his shenanigans.

ErMac333

Noob
Alright, the only thing I wanna know is if I lose any new kontent buying only KP2. I'm seriously not interested in this lame cover art in my shelf, but still don't wanna miss skins and everything else. As soon as anyone has info on this, I'll be buying the kontent.

E

Eldriken

Alright, the only thing I wanna know is if I lose any new kontent buying only KP2. I'm seriously not interested in this lame cover art in my shelf, but still don't wanna miss skins and everything else. As soon as anyone has info on this, I'll be buying the kontent.
Kombat Pack 2 doesn't come with all of the skins. So, if you're missing some from what's currently available, you may have to buy the XL Pack to get them all.

Keep in mind that the Cosplay Skin Pack requires you pre-ordering the game. I don't know if you're able to pre-order KP2 or XL Pack. Even if you can, we don't know if that will get you the pre-order skins.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Ah, it's only 20. Good. I'll buy KP2 then and that will bring my grand MKX total to 37 bucks. Not bad.

I'll probably buy XL down the road when it's under 20. I hope my XB1 doesn't die by then. :D

Are they selling extra skins or are those (F/T, Kotal, Kung Jin) part of the Apocalypse pack?

E

Eldriken

Ah, it's only 20. Good. I'll buy KP2 then and that will bring my grand MKX total to 37 bucks. Not bad.

I'll probably buy XL down the road when it's under 20. I hope my XB1 doesn't die by then. :D

Are they selling extra skins or are those (F/T, Kotal, Kung Jin) part of the Apocalypse pack?
I believe they're part of the Apocalypse Pack.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Awesome if those are included. I'm guessing Ermac is the new "pool money" skin.

So Cosplay is just Cassie/Jacquie or is there a little surprise they haven't revealed yet? (I'd love to see Ferra/Torr doing Kitana cosplay for example.):D

E

Eldriken

Probably separate for some amount of money.

Only Erron, D'whorah and Takeda are in that pack. They've yet to release a skin pack of more than three characters.
I only suggested it was in that because when you look at what MKXL includes, it mentions nothing about the other skins. Yet the MKXL video shows the ones that aren't listed.

I guess we'll see, y'know?

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Awesome if those are included. I'm guessing Ermac is the new "pool money" skin.

So Cosplay is just Cassie/Jacquie or is there a little surprise they haven't revealed yet? (I'd love to see Ferra/Torr doing Kitana cosplay for example.):D
Ferra/Torr cosplaying as Kitana? You baka.
I would buy mkxl twice if they do real cosplay.
For the best example:
Mileena as Ryuko from Kill la Kill.
Kenshi as Afro Samurai from Afro Samurai.
Now the best cosplay.
Bo' Rai Cho as Sailor Moon from Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon.

ErMac333

Noob
Kombat Pack 2 doesn't come with all of the skins. So, if you're missing some from what's currently available, you may have to buy the XL Pack to get them all.

Keep in mind that the Cosplay Skin Pack requires you pre-ordering the game. I don't know if you're able to pre-order KP2 or XL Pack. Even if you can, we don't know if that will get you the pre-order skins.
What I actually meant was if I'll lose any skin that is still to be released. I'd hate to buy KP2 and not get those Jin/Kotal/Torr costumes. Not to mention I still have some hope Bo and Tanya might have one in the future.

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
What I actually meant was if I'll lose any skin that is still to be released. I'd hate to buy KP2 and not get those Jin/Kotal/Torr costumes. Not to mention I still have some hope Bo and Tanya might have one in the future.
The skin pack for Kung Jin, Ferra/Torr, and Kotal Kahn doesn't appear to be part of the Apocalypse skin pack or KP2. I'm getting the sense that the Apocalypse and Medieval (?) skin packs are completely separate.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Can we say now, that GGPO isn't exclusive for MKXL?
I think we should stop saying GGPO because it isn't. Boon deceived us in twitter, it is a rollback netcode that is "similar in function" to GGPO. GGPO is the best rollback netcode by far, but not all rollbacks are like GGPO.

ErMac333

Noob
The skin pack for Kung Jin, Ferra/Torr, and Kotal Kahn doesn't appear to be part of the Apocalypse skin pack or KP2. I'm getting the sense that the Apocalypse and Medieval (?) skin packs are completely separate.
Well, I just hope they're not exclusive to the MKXL disc. And also hoping for more packs, seriously, I read this thread briefly but there was something in the lines of Leatherface having an alt, like, seriously? Or is it just a second color?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Would like to own the KL pack so I can finally have all my characters in one place. (Did have them on PC). But why would I buy it when I'd be struggling to use since the online needs work? Call me when the game is finally up to competitive standards then we can talk NRS.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I have a feeling it will trickle down. MKXL probably will have them first and then the other skin pack will be released for us Day 1 Loyalists.

But fuck that! I'm not buying shit until they prove to me MKX is done. DONE!

Well, I just hope they're not exclusive to the MKXL disc. And also hoping for more packs, seriously, I read this thread briefly but there was something in the lines of Leatherface having an alt, like, seriously? Or is it just a second color?
I'm pretty sure it's just a variation skin since they have shown the Original Iconic Leatherface, TCM Remake Leatherface (0:37, when he's fighting Tremor, it doesn't look the one from the announcement or gameplay trailer though it could be lighting but to me it looks more like the menacing grin from the remake than the gaping mouth of the original), and the Leatherfemme from TCM3.

Last edited: