What's new

NORTHEAST CHAMPIONSHIP (NECXI) Dec 4th & 5th-- IN PHILADELPHIA PA--UMK3, MKII +3D MK Tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
If I were to be going, could someone pick me up from the airport? Also, I would like to share a hotel room with someone or multiple people. I can sleep on the floor or in the bathtub, doesn't matter.
Bone and I can come get you. :)

Seriously though, I would be willing to come get you, but obviously I will also need more details on where the airport is, etc, Let me know.

Regardless, someone will be able to help you out. We'll make it work. :top:

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
If we are sharing a hotel, how many people can we fit in one? I don't want to spend too much money on a hotel, considering how im basically using everything on the plane ticket... lol

The cheaper the better for me at this point.

For me, it doesnt matter what day I leave or return. I have school on saturday, and considering how im going to miss that saturday, it doesnt really matter when I return. Of course, if it means that leaving early means a cheaper ticket, I will do that...

I have 0 experience in this, I have never been on a plane, and I will be going by myself... lol

REO

Undead
i wil be there 99%

i can sleep on the ground 4 hotel sharing 2 since thats wat i did @ sb5 & dont mind

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
If we are sharing a hotel, how many people can we fit in one? I don't want to spend too much money on a hotel, considering how im basically using everything on the plane ticket... lol

The cheaper the better for me at this point.

For me, it doesnt matter what day I leave or return. I have school on saturday, and considering how im going to miss that saturday, it doesnt really matter when I return. Of course, if it means that leaving early means a cheaper ticket, I will do that...

I have 0 experience in this, I have never been on a plane, and I will be going by myself... lol
You'll obviously have to be dropped off and you should arrive (I would at least) about 2 hrs early just so you do not have to rush around. You're also going to want to be careful of what you bring too, of course. You'll have to almost strip down to nothing to pass through security. After that it's just a matter of finding your correct terminal, meaning terminal number as per your flight ticket. Once you've established where you need to be you're also gonna want to look at the monitors that tell you where your flight is and if it's been delayed, etc. < very important.

From here though if all is fine and dandy, you can sit back and chill, eat, and NOT sleep... lol.

Also, as far as your luggage goes, try to take ONE SMALL bag, that way you do NOT have to worry about waiting for your luggage to arrive down the converie (spelling?) belt and you can simply take your bag with you on the plane and have it that much easier. The last thing you want to happen is for your luggage to get lost and you have nothing for the weekend. Also, be sure to put some kind of name tag on your luggage... regardless if you take your bag on the plane or not... JUST IN CASE in would get lost, if people are decent enough, they will at least have an address to return it to. So yes, take a small bag or small enough that you can take it on the plane with you. I'm not even sure if I would bring my fightstick if I were you... you might be better off using someone elses but that's just me... just because. :)

Now, after you've gotten off the plane and you don;t have to worry about waiting for your luggage you're good to go. As far as someone picking you up, well I will pick you up or we will find someone who can, meaning depending on what time you arrive and if I am on my way to NECIX yet. Regardless, I'll have my phone so just call me.

The room... no worries, bro. I'm sure we'll be able to fit at least 3 of us in a room and the cost will be minimal.

i wil be there 99%

i can sleep on the ground 4 hotel sharing 2 since thats wat i did @ sb5 & dont mind
You can room with us. :)

Its NECXI fyi :)
Thank you. :)

Noob
The Rooms at the Sheraton comfortably hold 3-5 people. Each room has a master bedroom with a king or queen bed, and a pullout couch in the "living room" area. 1-2 people per master bed, 1 person on the pullout couch, 1-2 people on the floor... anywhere between 3-5 people per room is simple.

I will be there with Melissa and either 2 or 3 dogs...so we aren't so sure who actually would want to room with us... but I think my buddy Chris will be there and he doesn't mind the dogs.

Joe, you will most likely share a room with Rob. I think he already said he would do that.

I know that DC Hustle will need a roommate.

There will definitely be enough players this time around for an MKDC side tournament with all the TYM players going. If we can get 8-10 players registered, I will let Eric know that he should list it on the official NECXI thread on SRK and I will list it on UMK and CMK.

Otherwise, OP updated with more information.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter

ok so i will be picking up check to go to this tourney. this will be my trek there. i may be willing to pick up a few others depending on how i feel about them. let me know if you'd like to go and if you'll need a ride.

now about MKD/MKA being a little side tourney there, i really want this to happen. ill be willing to put up a 25-50 reward for each game to the winner. so far it looks as if 6 people will be playing for sure and i know i can get some more..
MAD props to you for planning to do this. Also, you can count me in for MKD/MKA.

Also, BOSSETTE... there's no chance of you being able to fly in...? :)

Tim Static

Adminerator
FYI, you really should get ahold of Hubbs. Yea we do MK in there, but its also where they do all the other 3d fighters too, so there isnt much room, at least not until Sunday afternoon. So either make sure or plan for hotel room shenanigans. :)

Tim Static

Adminerator
ok, hold on. We have 2 threads for NECXI now. Shouldnt this thread be used for making plans for hotels, car pooling and what not? and just use the other thread for sign ups etc like we always do. OR Just merge them together. this shit is mad confusing right now.

PS- the 3d games probably wont have any room, not to mention the people running it etc need to make sure there is tv, systems, controllers, sticks, etc too.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
ok, hold on. We have 2 threads for NECXI now. Shouldnt this thread be used for making plans for hotels, car pooling and what not? and just use the other thread for sign ups etc like we always do. OR Just merge them together. this shit is mad confusing right now.

PS- the 3d games probably wont have any room, not to mention the people running it etc need to make sure there is tv, systems, controllers, sticks, etc too.
This thread is strictly for making arrangements to get to NECIX.

This thread: http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?1450-NORTHEAST-CHAMPIONSHIP-(NECXI)-Dec-4th-amp-5th-IN-PHILADELPHIA-PA-A-New-Life
^ Should be used for sign-ups.

BOSSETTE

Noob
MAD props to you for planning to do this. Also, you can count me in for MKD/MKA.

Also, BOSSETTE... there's no chance of you being able to fly in...? :)
Probably not.
If I were to fly out, I'd go with my brother but I'd only fly out to PA for one weekend and then I have school. :(

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Probably not.
If I were to fly out, I'd go with my brother but I'd only fly out to PA for one weekend and then I have school. :(
Thats what im doing.

I'm flying out there for the weekend, and then coming back because of school... lol

DanCock

Cock Master!!
if they dont allow for 3D mk games at the NEC thing, then between riu and myself we can set up 2 tvs for stuff during the tourney off times :) in the hotel room.

Dark_Rob

Noob
if they dont allow for 3D mk games at the NEC thing, then between riu and myself we can set up 2 tvs for stuff during the tourney off times :) in the hotel room.
Its really a question of room. UMK3 is always in the side room, but how many other games are there will control how much freedom we have. At Winter brawl back in Febuary we had to share the room with Tekken 6. But at Summer Jam this past August we basically had the room to ourselves.
If we have the room nobody will mind us setting up a 3d MK station. But we wont know until we get closer to the date.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Its really a question of room. UMK3 is always in the side room, but how many other games are there will control how much freedom we have. At Winter brawl back in Febuary we had to share the room with Tekken 6. But at Summer Jam this past August we basically had the room to ourselves.
If we have the room nobody will mind us setting up a 3d MK station. But we wont know until we get closer to the date.
:) yea just spoke with Shock sounds like if theres a good amount of players to play, it can happen.. im gonna make a thread here in a few days to get a list of players that will take part in a 3D MK thing.

Thanks for the support :)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
In terms of driving players, we might be able to work something out with driving Check so Dan doesn't have to go 100+ miles out of his way. Check is somewhat on the way from Phil/Reo to my house, which is most likely the cut off point for the tournament, that or Summoning's, doesn't matter, it's all on the way. When we drove to Ohio, it was Reo to Phil, Phil to me, me to Nit, Nit to Voytek, Voytek to Simon, and it basically added no meaningful travel time to the trip to make any of those stops because every stop was on the way. So long as I have access to the van there should be no trouble housing 5 players plus equipment. I would limit it to 5 people because we'd be bringing more stuff with us that last time, but I will get back to you guys on this asap. Rob's taking his own car and I think Phil will be as well. This means I still have room for 3 players. Once we figure out who is driving and when, we can make pick up arrangements.

And if possible, maybe change the thread title to something like NECXI in Philadelphia, PA - Dec 4th & 5th - UMK3, MKII +3D MK Tournaments

DanCock

Cock Master!!
In terms of driving players, we might be able to work something out with driving Check so Dan doesn't have to go 100+ miles out of his way. Check is somewhat on the way from Phil/Reo to my house, which is most likely the cut off point for the tournament, that or Summoning's, doesn't matter, it's all on the way. When we drove to Ohio, it was Reo to Phil, Phil to me, me to Nit, Nit to Voytek, Voytek to Simon, and it basically added no meaningful travel time to the trip to make any of those stops because every stop was on the way. So long as I have access to the van there should be no trouble housing 5 players plus equipment. I would limit it to 5 people because we'd be bringing more stuff with us that last time, but I will get back to you guys on this asap. Rob's taking his own car and I think Phil will be as well. This means I still have room for 3 players. Once we figure out who is driving and when, we can make pick up arrangements.
that would be awesome it would cut 2 hours off my trip for sure. either way if you end up getting more people in the van i can come out to get check.. even if its last min notice. so yea we have a whole month and a half to get this all set up.. im so psyched :D

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
:) yea just spoke with Shock sounds like if theres a good amount of players to play, it can happen.. im gonna make a thread here in a few days to get a list of players that will take part in a 3D MK thing.

Thanks for the support :)
At this point in time, I havent been too crazy over any 3D-MK Game, nor did I even think I would want to play competitively again... however...

Check, Dancock, Riu, Tom Brady, REO, Krayzie Bone, DC Hustle, Jago(Possibly), Storms, THTB, Konqrr?, etc and of course we will force the 2D-MK players to play since its all love for the MK-Kommunity... lol

Anyhow... not only will this be the biggest MKvsDC tournament, but am I the only one to notice that the line-up holds more than 5 high level players? Holy fucking shit! what the? This is the only reason I am even considering playing it. I don't care who you are, these matches wont look retarded when you have players like this playing. And I really would love to see this happen.

The fact alone that these players will be here, makes an MKvsDC tournament worthy for the day.

Beyond that, we have UMK3, a game I am currently learning. I will not show up and register for UMK3 to be lame at it. I seriously will do my best, and I will practice as much as I can before NEC-XI. I WILL COMPETE!

I also intend to play SSFIV, so I will have a busy day... lol

Go ahead and make the list, Dan. I want to see how possible this will be.

I'm gonna text Shoryuken and Malone to see if they are able to come down here.

[EDIT]

Also, guys. Just as a reminder, if we stream from Justin.Tv, viewers can directly watch the stream from the site through our toolbar.

they should.... i want to have a big mk weekend.
if we can get 3 tvs that would be great i think i can get another tv but it would not be a lcd/hd tv.

can anyone pm me the address where the tourny is at? i want to know how long it would take me to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.