What's new

New Netcode: Does online now reflect Skill?

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Nothing changed from season 1 to season 2, the netcode was exactly the same. I probably said I would enter more season 2, but I also probably said that it isn't in my hands to do well because anything can happen in lag.

I haven't played the Beta myself yet, but if it's as good as everyone is praising it to be then Season 3 will for sure have different placers make it than the first two seasons
Does it matter? The outcome will always be the same.

Sonic Fox wins.

Smelly gamers? Eww..homeboys don't take bath or bring cologne? LOL! I guess the best advice from observing people play would be, bring your headsets and zone out. I notice others not looking at the crowd at all.
Marvel players probably rank the worst as far smell.
Sounds more like an issue of social skills rather than in game skill.
yeah, its really hard for some people to buy a bar of old spice

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
You were trying to downplay online (tournaments) and you were trying to do it using Rico.

Rico doesn't put stock in online tournaments, but that is him and is his prerogative. CDjr stopped competing online too (0-2 at the KI Cup). So did PaulB (2-2 at the KI Cup). But Rebelo still does, so does Sleep, and so too does Bass from time to time...not to mention the majority of the rest who were in the Top 32. Bottom line is that the more quality tournament experience you have, the better off you are. If your PERSONAL preference is to not play in online tourneys, only offline, that is fine, but online (granted the online is good) can be a great tool, and even supplant offline in many regards.

At the end of the day, Rico is just a REALLY good player who enjoys the game. He plays and trains online MORE THAN he does offline, but most recently (like the last year) he chooses to only compete at offline events. If we are going to use Rico as a gauge for whether or not skill can be tested online, the that fact that Rico trains how he does should tell you all you know.
Did I say online was completely useless or something?

Online isn't offline.[Insert anecdote about a pro player who understands this]

Do you agree: Yes or no? Just "yes" or "no".

Tweedy

Noob
Rico is a god. Using him as an example is whatever. It's like saying Sonicfox is good because he plays online too. Sonicfox would be good either way.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Bear in mind that the US had the likes of sonicfox, woundcowboy, scar, dab, biohazard and Pig. Certainly not the type of players that will suffer now the netcode is better.

Don't forget that the new system will help those that were already good online to begin with.
Yes. But it will help even more so the guys that suck online but place offline 90% of the time like me, DJT, MIT, etc.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Online has always reflected skill. Even in the bad netcode you could tell who was good and who was just playing online. Now it's just a more accurate reflection.

Though I feel like people are gonna treat online casuals like Evo grand finals now that it means more. A lot of people don't play as seriously online so I can see hella people thinking they're hot shit because they took a few games off of sonic fox only to get bodied in tournament.