What's new

New 2D Fighter: "Fright Fights" will feature Dracula, Dr. Jeckyll, Mr, Hyde and More

EGP_Compton

Brian Compton
Mr. Smith CaliMaestro was one of the very first and intensely dedicated supporters of our early EGP tournaments and our community in general. He literally helped us rebuild the SoCal MK scene. He's not only a good friend of mine but extremely intelligent and one of the nicest people I know. If we're really about community....we will support this.

Looks awesome Adam. You know I've got your back for whatever you need. Keep up the good work my friend.

EGP_Compton

Brian Compton
I love the Nosferatu mirror screen shot. Someone is either getting open palm pimp slapped or taking a foot to the baby maker. LMAO.

Art

Grave_Intent
Many of our veteran users may remember "CaliMaestro" from a few years ago on the forums. He's been busy with life and we haven't heard from him much at all. Well, he has recently come to us with some pretty interesting details concerning a new "indie" fighting game that he and his wife have been working on. CaliMaestro, with years of experience in the video game industry and his wife with equal experience in the film industry... would like to reveal and announce a brand new fighting game that will be play-tested by members of Epic Gamer Productions (or EGP).
Addition details from CaliMaestro: These are incarnations of classic horror movie icons: Phantom of the Opera & Nosferatu! Enjoy some screenshots!
They should post a video on YouTube to showcase what they have so far for us to see. It would help allot!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Pinhead from hellraiser would be a tremendously bad ass zoner

Close chain
Medium chain
Far chain
All unblockables that all pull opponent in for full combo
Teleport

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Will scorpion be a guest character, only way I will buy!
Ha, they should make Michael Myers and Jason DLC ;) Someone needs to make a LEGIT, licensed Horror Legends Fighting Game featuring Myers, Jason, Freddy, Scream Killer etc, etc all the horror killing legends..

I know we had terrordrome but again I mean serious licensed and backed by a big company like say WB or something. I can sooo see NRS doing a game like that, it's up their alley.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
Shouldn't you change your name to AliMaestro??? :rolleyes:

Good luck man, let me know if you want me to help test it

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
That list is only missing The Wolf Man, The Mummy, and The Creature from the Black Lagoon.

I already can't decide my main between WM and CBL. This needs to happen.

Well then good sir, answer all of my questions:

1. Will you come up with plans on paid DLC, before the game even comes out?
2. How many characters will be in the game?
3. Will all of them be monsters?
4. Do you think copyright issues coud **** you up? (Like it did with the "My Little Pony" fighting game)
5. Will Swamp Thing be in the game?
6. Will there be any female characters in the game?
7. This kinda negates question 3, but will there also be "good" characters like the vampire hunter Van Helsing, or Little Red Riding Hood?
8. Will the game be rated M for Mature with sex, drugs and rock 'n roll? How about Black Jack and hookers?
9. Can the fighting game community help somehow? Sprites for the UI? Stages? Textures?

And the final question:
10. Can I come up with suggestions for the monsters and other fighters?

Dracula, Werewolf, Frankenstein's monster, Frankenstein's bride, Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Evil Toothfairy, Boogeyman, Slenderman, The Mummy, Van Helsing, Little Red Riding Hood, Bitch Witch, Death with a scythe as his weapon, a Zombie, Pennywise (the clown from "It"), Swamp Thing, the Phantom, a green alien from Mars, the Blob (from "the Blob"), Pinhead, Ghostface (from the "Scream" movies"), Juliet Starling (from "Lolipop Chainsaw"), Leatherface (from "Texas Chainsaw Massacre")!
1- That is going to be addressed in the Kickstarter. If we reach our stretch goal, then ALL DLC for PC and Mac will be free.
2- 24 is the goal. If the Kickstarter shows us that there is little interest in the game, then we will be forced to scale down considerably. If you want the full 24 character roster, PLEASE help us get the word out when the Kickstarter goes live.
3- Nope... Mad scientists, Doctors, Slayers, etc...
4- Nope. We are obtaining legal rights to all of our characters.
5- With DC owning the rights, and with them being behind Injustice... doubtful.
6- Our first character reveal (shortly after Kickstarter begins) is female.
7- Van Helsing is already announced =)
8- Although it is horror themed, we want it to be accessible to the masses. I fell in love with the Chaney films as a child, and they scared me to death sans blood. We are going to keep it classy.
9- YES! This is why I approached Storms about running this story. Our Kickstarter is not only meant to enlist funds to build the game, but to enlist an army of testers, artists, etc...

Mr. Smith CaliMaestro was one of the very first and intensely dedicated supporters of our early EGP tournaments and our community in general. He literally helped us rebuild the SoCal MK scene. He's not only a good friend of mine but extremely intelligent and one of the nicest people I know. If we're really about community....we will support this.

Looks awesome Adam. You know I've got your back for whatever you need. Keep up the good work my friend.

Brian, you are my hero, sir =)

I'll give you a ring in the next couple days, let's get this started!

Hello all,

I just wanted to thank everyone who posted (even the troll and haters!). I am quite shocked at the response this thread has gotten. It gives me great hope that we picked the right genre to wrap up into a fighting game.

I can tell you this, we had a long conversation with the Chaney family yesterday - and they are just as excited as we are to get this game out there!

The game is shaping up QUICKLY. The basic fighting engine is about 90% complete. That is exciting because now we can start to address and polish up art, UI, combo systems, etc...

I have had zero sleep the last several days. I have been pounding down the caffeine to stay awake. Between programming 100% of the game, animating the characters, creating sprite sheets, throwing together placeholder UI and background art... Not to mention moving from California to Alabama on May 31st, and having to unpack all of our belongings in our new home... I am exhausted. But seeing both the love (and hate) that the game is already receiving makes it all worth it.

I'll be keeping you guys posted with updates!

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Hello all,

I just wanted to thank everyone who posted (even the troll and haters!). I am quite shocked at the response this thread has gotten. It gives me great hope that we picked the right genre to wrap up into a fighting game.

I can tell you this, we had a long conversation with the Chaney family yesterday - and they are just as excited as we are to get this game out there!

The game is shaping up QUICKLY. The basic fighting engine is about 90% complete. That is exciting because now we can start to address and polish up art, UI, combo systems, etc...

I have had zero sleep the last several days. I have been pounding down the caffeine to stay awake. Between programming 100% of the game, animating the characters, creating sprite sheets, throwing together placeholder UI and background art... Not to mention moving from California to Alabama on May 31st, and having to unpack all of our belongings in our new home... I am exhausted. But seeing both the love (and hate) that the game is already receiving makes it all worth it.

No problem. I am really excited to see how this shapes up. I think after Freddy launched as a DLC in MK9 a lot of people wondered what a horror fighter would be like. How much do you think it will cost to purchase the game?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Hello all,

You get my email? We could easily add a "Fright Fights" sub-forum to house the discussion and development of the game and characters.